Yet another idea for a quicker rebuild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yet another idea for a quicker rebuild

Let's help the Rockets.

The Knicks need to trade Melo.  So.....let's be facilitators.  The only way the Rox they can get him is to cut the salaries of Lin and Asik.  So, we trade Green and Bogans to the Knicks, Lin to the Knicks, Melo to the Rox and Asik to BOS.

THEN - we "help" PHI.  They want Wiggins.  They want to get the #1 pick.  They've offered CLE Young and the #3.  How about we offer #6 for Young, #10 and #39?  PHI offers 3 and 6 to CLE for #1?

So, we get Young and Asik.  Now at 10 we can take Gordon, Saric or Nurcic

At 17, we can take LaVine or Warren.  Then, at 39 we can fill in the gaps.  Patric Young, Russ Smith or Jabari Brown might be good here.

Rondo, Bradley, Young, Sully and Asik

SMith, Lavine, Wallace, Oly, Nurcic/Anthony

Fun team!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Yet another idea for a quicker rebuild

Young is a PF, not a SF. He's a good player, but if both Sully and KO are on the team, he adds to a glut there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1231908/thaddeus-young" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1231908/thaddeus-young

Thaddeus Young
    Basketball player
    Thaddeus Charles Young is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association. Prior to his professional career, he attended Georgia Tech, where he studied management. Wikipedia
    Born: June 21, 1988 (age 25), New Orleans, LA
    Height: 6' 8" (2.03 m)
    Current team: Philadelphia 76ers (#21 / Small forward)
    Salary: 8.289 million USD (2013)
    Education: Georgia Institute of Technology
    School: Georgia Institute of Technology

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Gee, that team could make the playoffs.

Watch out!

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I got an even more fantastical scenario. We get Love,Geing for #6 this year and our 1st rnd pick next year ,Bass and Green. We help Hou clear space by trading Anthony,ABs rights, and Bogans contract for Parsons rights , Beverly and Asik. We draft our 17 pick (Anderson/Saric/Payne/Hood/Young). We do a sign and trade with Wash.Gortat for Asik and Phi protected pick, we resign PP as an mle.  

We have this roster next year;

Dieng,Love,Gortat,Parsons,PP,RR,Beverly,Sully,KO,Faverani,#17 and Wallace. we compete with that line up.

Everyone's happy Hou sheds space to get Melo. Minn gets 2 decent players and a #6, Wash gets to resign Ariza and gets an younger OK sub for Gortat. We get an instant competitive team.

Sections
Shortcuts