Yet another trade idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yet another trade idea

BOS wants Lowry - TOR wants to get rid of Lowry

MEM wants to cut salary and stay competitve

Utah wants out of Raja Bell, and has to trade either Millsap or Jefferson (to get something for them).  Utah also has no SF.

TOR - Bass and Bell

UTAH - Gay

MEM - Pierce, Millsap and Earl Watson

BOS  - Randolph, Lowry and Quincy Acy (to make salaries work)

Go ahead, Celtics fans.................rip it apart!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Yet another trade idea

Whoa, this looks bad for Memphis. No way they dump ZBo AND Gay right now...maybe one of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Whoa, this looks bad for Memphis. No way they dump ZBo AND Gay right now...maybe one of them.

I thought so, too, but the trade machine said MEM +5 wins!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Celtics give up Bass and get Randolph and Lowry? Think you may be dreaming here, Hed...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Celtics give up Bass and get Randolph and Lowry? Think you may be dreaming here, Hed...

Of course I am..........we also gave up Pierce, though - if you didn't see that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Teams really don't want our aging players or retreads. Trades have to benefit both sides while I see them as a possible benefit to the Celtics how does Pirce benefit Memphis other than an expiring contract. Pierce is slowing down, no way around it. I feel the Celtics may have to ride this season out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Teams really don't want our aging players or retreads. Trades have to benefit both sides while I see them as a possible benefit to the Celtics how does Pirce benefit Memphis other than an expiring contract. Pierce is slowing down, no way around it. I feel the Celtics may have to ride this season out.

MEM has said to be targeting Pierce.  I didn't make that up.  He is still a clutch shooter, and would make them very dangerous in the playoffs.  Millsap is expiring, so my thought is they could re-sign both Millsap and Pierce, still be good, and it would cost them less than they are paying Randolph and Gay next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce is in the package.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Here:

One team that rival execs expect to be at the forefront of the Pierce pursuit is Memphis, which delayed but did not solve its long-term payroll concerns by getting under the luxury-tax line with last week's trade with Cleveland. While Memphis can survive for the rest of this season without trading Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph or Marc Gasol, it still cannot sustain such a top-heavy payroll for the next two seasons. Pierce would keep the Grizzlies dangerous -- arguably, make them more dangerous -- for the rest of this season, and allow them to reorganize their spending as soon as next season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21619762/rondo-injury-could-hasten-breakup-of-the-celtics

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kyle Lowry, who has quickly worn out his welcome in Toronto, could be an option for the Mavs or Hawks, who are both in need of point-guard help. With only $1 million guaranteed next season, Lowry would be a short-term fix without clogging up future cap space.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/21614044/postups-whether-dealing-gasol-howard-or-standing-pat-lakers-in-bind

Maybe Ramon Sessions is available..........however, I would never guarantee he would average 13 points and 10 assists per game - THAT is unrealistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Celtics fans, are you out there - my thread is being hijacked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Gay-Utah, Pierce-Memphis and Big Al-Boston triangle is a decent one to think about. Al can be resigned for less than the 15 he makes now and is beloved here. Pierce is one of the most popular c's of all time, so if we move on from him it can't be for Z-Bo (more expansive than Al) and Millsap (redundant with Sully not able to play C like Al) type guys.

The C's would have to get Mo Williams back to makeup for losing Rondo (Terry and Melo?) or involve a 3rd team to get a guy like Lowry or maybe a PG like Jameer Nelson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Gay-Utah, Pierce-Memphis and Big Al-Boston triangle is a decent one to think about. Al can be resigned for less than the 15 he makes now and is beloved here. Pierce is one of the most popular c's of all time, so if we move on from him it can't be for Z-Bo (more expansive than Al) and Millsap (redundant with Sully not able to play C like Al) type guys.

The C's would have to get Mo Williams back to makeup for losing Rondo (Terry and Melo?) or involve a 3rd team to get a guy like Lowry or maybe a PG like Jameer Nelson.

I would take Mo Williams, but isn't he hurt?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I like your idea better.  I was trying to get Lowry as well.  I think getting Big Al back would be great, and would be enough to compensate for Rondo.  I really don't want Nelson, but I would take Lowry, if we could get him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

You are probably right.  I like rame's trade idea better.  We can make it through with Lee at PG, or an average PG (Dooling, etc.) IF we can get a big man in the deal.  Jefferson would be perfect............but we'd still have to try to get rid of Bass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

test

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Of course I am..........we also gave up Pierce, though - if you didn't see that

You're right - I didn't see that. My bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Gay? no. 16 mil garaunteed for 3 yrs,Pierce has better stats and is 5 mil gauranteed plus we would have to send either Collins,Wilcox or Barbosa to make $$ not better than Pierce scoring is a major liability on the defensive end., Big Al would have to again give either PP and either AB,Melo or Sully, If not Bass Green and AB,Sully or Melo and is an UFA that we can't afford. Lowry and another player, maybe the numbers work if got creative. For us a Bass/Melo/Collins,Wilcox,Barbosa (pick one) would work $$ and for us but I don't think Toronto would go for it. Bass /Lowry straight up might work but again if your Toronto would you make that trade? Right now our best players are more valuable to us than anyone else so we'll have to take bad contracts or bad value in almost any trade scenario if you factor in we'll be trying to at least partially replacing what we were getting from Rondo and the input of whoever we're trading I just don't see it happening .  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

We can stop with the trade talks for a few more weeks. 

Looks like the Celtics are not going to do anything.

Here:

Ainge: "I'm looking to give the guys we have a chance to play"

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/1/28/3925078/ainge-im-looking-to-give-the-guys-we-have-a-chance-to-play

Yes, I saw that................love to say I believe him 100%, but it's only about 85!!

Sections
Shortcuts