You are crazy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

You are crazy!

DA is talking all these strategies and most of you just go along w/ him.   I don't know who is more crazy.   Trade RR or trade PP.   Go for picks.   Give AB a parade.   Try and get Kamen.   HOLD ON!   ARE YOU ALL CRAZY!   It's like you're giving a lifetime pass to DA.   Look, the Cs are old and play like it.   Cs went thru a period of no draft picks sticking for FIVE years.   Now the question is should we trade this or that.   The only answer (and the Globe's survey shoulda included this) is to trade DA!   Give him is outright release!   Whatever money he gets is over the salary cap! 
       Paleeze!   Trade RR or PP.   And what will the Cs get for them?  Another over-the-hill player.   Another overrated by DA like JGreen?   Another HS flash like Telfair or ABradley?   Another free agent pickup like Scal or MDaniels?   Most except DA new the lifespan of the Boston3 was 3yrs.   He's now trying to do something about it!   Will the Cs really get an all-star for PP?   Will they get a top pg w/ assists, steals and boards (if not shooting) for RR (many of you like a non creative, non assisting, non shooting, non rebounding pg in AB just cause he can jump!).
       So you really have confidence in DA having the ability to rebuild the Cs.   Before the Boston 3 the ship was sinking w/ 18 losses in a row until PP came back.   Early this season until PP got in shape, the Cs were not good.  You want draft choices?   Do you trust DA in making the correct draft or more of JGreens, Yi Jilian or the rumored player that the Cs were interested in that Seattle took the year ? Big Al was taken (He's not even w/ castoffs in Minn).   DA can't judge players.   The Cs will be mediocre as long as he's in position to aquire the players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: You are crazy!

docc, you know, some of my best friends have, at one time or another, classified me as "crazy".  You make a very valid point though.  We are looking at all of these possible trade scenarios while entrusting DA to make the right choices regarding them.

THAT is the one factor that we just may be overestimating (DA's ability to make the right choices).  Sometimes I believe he runs the Celtics like it's his fantasy team.  I'm not so sure he makes the most rational decisions when IT IS his job to have the foresight to evaluate guys and determine how they will develop in the future.

You may just be right that the problem is with DA.  Maybe if Jerry West or Papile were running things, would there be order and a "plan" to all of this nonsense.

It's not an exact science to selecting and trading for players who you believe will move your organization in the right direction.  Other than bringing in KG and Ray, DA really hasn't done much.  Actually, in terms of long-term team development, DA has been terrible and has missed on alot of decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

oops. petey, you might not want to get docc started on "lou" papile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

DA inherited NOTHING from prior management. except for PP, the cupboard was BARE. he assembled the pieces and picks needed to make the RA and KG trades possible. don't listen to the trolls who say that the Twolves just GAVE us KG. not true. then DA asssembled a team (through the draft) to put around the big 3. rondo, perk, big baby, experienced vet role-players. everyone gave us 3 years. in 3 years we went the the finals twice and won a title. not too shabby. we were also derailed by injuries along the way. and age has caught up with us. don't get me wrong; ainge has made his mistakes. but i won't call for his head simply because we got old. now it's time to blow it up and rebuild. he did it once; he can do it again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Lol, lol, lol, lol to Bailey Power.  And another lol (Do not metion Papille to me!)!   To kaktug:  other than RR, DA in ? 8yrs has never drafted a player to play in the rookie allstar game.   No all D player.   No top rebounder.   Hasn't drafted anyone who has come close to any awards (Big Al has now made an allstar team??)   SAS: Ginobili and Parker are all world (compared even w/ RR).   Neal, Hill.   Bonner much more productive than Scal.  All those players of SAS where drafted in the 20s or lower.    Giddens instead of Chalmers (final four MVP and a good player his whole college career).   Giddens couldn't even hang playing @ KU.   Jordan for the Clips isn't a great player, but upsides were much better drafting him than Giddens.   On and on w/ examples.  
    I wish rumors came out to who DA wants to get for RR or PP.   I know that if he lets either go, the the Cs are gonna get used.   The Cs will trade with a team that will make the playoffs.   Thanks for getting us the 17th draft choice.   Would you take the chance and trade with a team that just missed the playoffs?   What then if the Cs don't get the lucky bounce of the balls and end up w/ the 14th pick?   I'll bet anything that DA is in his office confused.   It's because he doesn't know how to judge talent.  He's probable just flipping coins or in his heart he really thinks he knows what he's doing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: You are crazy!:
    [QUOTE]DA inherited NOTHING from prior management. except for PP, the cupboard was BARE. he assembled the pieces and picks needed to make the RA and KG trades possible. don't listen to the trolls who say that the Twolves just GAVE us KG.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730

Even Bill Simmons knows the KG (ruse) trade was instigated between pals McHale and Ainge!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

I put DOCC in the category with Stephen A. Smith. He has a right to giber gabber and say what he feels, but let's wait and see what the trade dead line and the draft brings before we bury the C's team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]   Lol, lol, lol, lol to Bailey Power.  And another lol (Do not metion Papille to me!)!   To kaktug:  other than RR, DA in ? 8yrs has never drafted a player to play in the rookie allstar game.   No all D player.   No top rebounder.   Hasn't drafted anyone who has come close to any awards (Big Al has now made an allstar team??)   SAS: Ginobili and Parker are all world (compared even w/ RR).   Neal, Hill.   Bonner much more productive than Scal.  All those players of SAS where drafted in the 20s or lower.    Giddens instead of Chalmers (final four MVP and a good player his whole college career).   Giddens couldn't even hang playing @ KU.   Jordan for the Clips isn't a great player, but upsides were much better drafting him than Giddens.   On and on w/ examples.   I wish rumors came out to who DA wants to get for RR or PP.   I know that if he lets either go, the the Cs are gonna get used.   The Cs will trade with a team that will make the playoffs.   Thanks for getting us the 17th draft choice.   Would you take the chance and trade with a team that just missed the playoffs?   What then if the Cs don't get the lucky bounce of the balls and end up w/ the 14th pick?   I'll bet anything that DA is in his office confused.   It's because he doesn't know how to judge talent.  He's probable just flipping coins or in his heart he really thinks he knows what he's doing
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

One thing I bet your right on, DA is in his office confused.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]   other than RR, DA in ? 8yrs has never drafted a player to play in the rookie allstar game.   No all D player.   No top rebounder.   Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Ainge has made a lot of mistakes, but to be fair: All-Stars are normally former lottery picks. There are not many Ginobilis in the league. Ainge didn't had many lottery picks in the last years. Same for rookie all star game: Normally rookies shine when they are drafted at a high position and play lots of minutes in bad teams. Well, do I need to say more...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think it's plain and simple that Ainge doesn't have a keen eye for spotting talent. He's got to hire better scouts too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Ainge has two glaring holes in his track record.  He hated foreign players and local players.

He ignored any guy who needed a passport to play in the NBA.  Some guy in San Antonio made his reputation on taking them.

How many local products are making a living in the NBA?  Dudley  --  Barea  --  - Bonner  --  Brooks  --Lin  --  and others.

So he will probably take "only" Americans who played outside New England in any trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

CaptChris.   DA can't judge players if they are on this side of the Mississippi.   Nor, the other side.   You would think that if it's a eastern NE, then he could read a local paper and get info (prob spending too much time watching his kids play).
       To Gasthoerer: I'll disagree about who makes yrs 1 and 2 all star game.   Let's see... 20 players a year times 5yrs = 100 players.   Really!   Not only don't they play and Doc doesn't play them.   THEY ARE NOT ON THE ROSTER!   THEY ARE NOT IN THE NBA (except bill walker)!  
       Bobbestgolf:   You wait until whenever you want to wait.   The Cs won't be any better than 5th, can win one playoff series (only if JJohnson and Seimsma plays regularly and no better.   At this point the Cs shoulda been younger and the Boston3 almost being a supporting cast for a young nucleus (even if not an allstar nucleus but a some of them playing in rookie game nucleus).   Present Cs are downward slide and will continue.   I don't need to wait to see that.   Trading RR or PP will only make things worse, not better.

Sections
Shortcuts