You are totally misreading the Doc situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You are totally misreading the Doc situation

Doc is not the bad guy here. No one is the bad guy.

Doc did not want to sign a 5 year deal. He wanted to go year to year. Ainge wanted him to sign for 5 years to keep PP, KG and resign Green, and lure other free agents.

Doc would stay on UNTIL the best opportunity to rebuild offered itself. Doc's contract was an asset in the rebuilding, even if Doc took a year or two off, the contract afforded the C's leverage for a return asset for Doc.

This was an agreement between Doc and Ainge 

The agreement with the Clips for a 2014 choice which would be combined with the C's choice to move up in a very great draft year, and the 2016 draft when the Clips will again stink.

Jordan has very little money owed and he will be allowed to walk at the end of his deal. 

Complete redo of the roster in a 3 year window with potential high lottery picks in 2014 and 2016 and a lot of money to augment the roster with free agents in those years.

Perfectly played out by Ainge, complimented by Doc, who has remained quiet in spite unwarranted criticism, but ruined by CPaul who had to open his mouth.

The Doc and the big 3 era is over. It was a great run. It is now time to move on. The guy who created the Doc and big 3 era, Ainge, deserves, and is the guy I most want creating the next era. 

Doc is not to blame here. Doc has been a great partner in trying to execute this rebuild. 

The criticism on the board of Doc has bothered me. And it is totally misplaced

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: You are totally misreading the Doc situation

THE DUKE

I assume this is speculation unless you have a source....but the entire scenario makes perfect sense to me....if so, doc did us a favor and Danny is one smart guy....no "bad guys" involved at all...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Doc did not want to sign a 5 year deal. He wanted to go year to year. Ainge wanted him to sign for 5 years to keep PP, KG and resign Green, and lure other free agents.

Doc would stay on UNTIL the best opportunity to rebuild offered itself. Doc's contract was an asset in the rebuilding, even if Doc took a year or two off, the contract afforded the C's leverage for a return asset for Doc.

The agreement with the Clips for a 2014 choice which would be combined with the C's choice to move up in a very great draft year, and the 2016 draft when the Clips will again stink.

Jordan has very little money owed and he will be allowed to walk at the end of his deal. 

Complete redo of the roster in a 3 year window with potential high lottery picks in 2014 and 2016 and a lot of money to augment the roster with free agents in those years.

Perfectly played out by Ainge, complimented by Doc, who has remained quiet in spite unwarranted criticism, but ruined by CPaul who had to open his mouth.

The Doc and the big 3 era is over. It was a great run. It is now time to move on. The guy who created the Doc and big 3 era, Ainge, deserves, and is the guy I most want creating the next era. 

Doc is not to blame here. Doc has been a great partner in trying to execute this rebuild. 

Did you learn all this having a beer with Doc and Danny? Come on....

Doc is certainly the bad guy here. If for nothing else, Adrian Wo...who's been right on the money, reported Doc advised the Clippers to not offer Bledsoe in the trade... this while DOc still under contract with the Celtics. Thats outrageous

Doc also signed a 5 yr deal with the C's knowing rebuilding was coming. This was not a good move by DA... Doc also promised Wyc he'd move to Boston which of course was a lie. Doc used his relationship with a naive DA to extract a huge coaching contract and is now backstabbing the Celtics... which IM happy for cause getting Doc out of here is a good thing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I agree completely.

If DA wants a coach to do a heavy lift rebuild, he is going to have to spend more than a measly $7mil/year to make that happen.

Doc is strictly  a lite duty coach and DA knows/approves of that. 

Beyond changing an occasional diaper while suckling his ASPG and  staying slim/trim/tanned/manicured in his hand-made suits, why break a sweat?

No need!

With his resume, we're lucky to have a beloved icon like him.... period.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Oh... and docs ability to attract highly desirable FA's the past 9 years who simply love playing for him in Beantown..... priceless!

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

Doc is certainly the bad guy here. If for nothing else, Adrian Wo...who's been right on the money, reported Doc advised the Clippers to not offer Bledsoe in the trade... this while DOc still under contract with the Celtics. Thats outrageous

Doc also signed a 5 yr deal with the C's knowing rebuilding was coming. This was not a good move by DA... Doc also promised Wyc he'd move to Boston which of course was a lie. Doc used his relationship with a naive DA to extract a huge coaching contract and is now backstabbing the Celtics... which IM happy for cause getting Doc out of here is a good thing

[/QUOTE]

No beers with them. But I was camped out on assignment at TD Monday thru Thursday waiting for further breaking news. These facts will come out in the next 1-5 days, once the Clips hire someone.

All of your premises are incorrect. Doc did not extract 5 year contract. The C's WANTED him under contract for 5 years, knowing that within 1-3 years, or whenever KG, Ray and PP were finished Doc might be an asset. They also wanted Doc for 5 to show free agents in that 1-3 year window they would be playing for Doc. 

This has been planned since weeks before Doc signed the contract.

It was NEVER in the plan for Doc to move north...

Part of Docs agreement with the Clips was going to be the deciding factor on personnel decisions, hence the Bledsoe situation. 

It would not surprise me if this Doc takes a year off, KG is traded to the Clips, and next year the C's get a draft choice from some team signing Doc. 

DA is moving on with the rebuild, and sees the 2014 draft as the key. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE

I assume this is speculation unless you have a source....but the entire scenario makes perfect sense to me....if so, doc did us a favor and Danny is one smart guy....no "bad guys" involved at all...

This is not speculation, this is fact. Danny is one VERY smart guy. 

Fans criticize Danny for his draft choices, which is foolish. He has been one of the top GM's in the NBA for many years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Totally agree.  The bad guys here are the "reporters" who jumped on every "source" statement they possibly could.  The problem is that real journalists are very afraid of fake Blogger journalism, and have to bend the truth and resort to jumping to conclusions in order to drop a story first.  

Bloggers don't have to follow any rules of honor regarding what info they churn out, but many people regard their word just as highly as a decorated members of the media.  And it has trained and veteran reporters running scared, and cutting corners.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Hi Doc!!

good to see you on the board, but shouldn't you be getitng to coach the summer league kids now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No beers with them. But I was camped out on assignment at TD Monday thru Thursday waiting for further breaking news. These facts will come out in the next 1-5 days, once the Clips hire someone.

All of your premises are incorrect. Doc did not extract 5 year contract. The C's WANTED him under contract for 5 years, knowing that within 1-3 years, or whenever KG, Ray and PP were finished Doc might be an asset. They also wanted Doc for 5 to show free agents in that 1-3 year window they would be playing for Doc. 

This has been planned since weeks before Doc signed the contract.

It was NEVER in the plan for Doc to move north...

Part of Docs agreement with the Clips was going to be the deciding factor on personnel decisions, hence the Bledsoe situation. 

It would not surprise me if this Doc takes a year off, KG is traded to the Clips, and next year the C's get a draft choice from some team signing Doc. 

DA is moving on with the rebuild, and sees the 2014 draft as the key. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me understand...

The C's agreed to pay Doc $35M  because he "might" be an asset down the road?? Such as the proposed deal with the CLips for one draft pick?

What FA's of any consequence have the C's signed that Docs 5 yr deal attracted?

Your reasoning for Docs interference with the Bledsoe deal is based upon DOc making personell decisions for Clips should he be hired.. However, Doc isnt with the Clips, hes HC of the Celtics.. 

Based upon the above, with the stipulation your information is correct... DA has made massive blunders and assumptions with his strategy regarding signing Doc to a 5yr, $35 M deal

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't claim to write for anyone concerning the Celtics,I do write occassional articles for Football Nation.com and I specifically cover the Patriots. I don't know the circumstances regarding the contract Doc received from the Celtics,nor do I know what Danny Ainge's long term plan is for the team. I do know from everything I've read about the on again, off again trade rumor, that the Clippers are a rutterless ship, and that they have no active GM ! This is a problem when the owner of the team assumes to know enough too handle the day to day responsibilities of the GM, and at the same time play owner! It doesn't work in Dallas where Jerry Jones is the self appointed everything of the Dallas Cowboys,so it probably is even less likely that Donald Sterling can do the two jobs either. The only thing that would upset me as a fan, is the fact that Doc decided to interject his opinion as to what compensation would be fair in return for his services. I think he overstepped his position, and that Sterling gained an unfair opinion at the expense of the Celtics when their employee advised him not to include Bledsoe in any trade, and I'm pretty sure that is called tampering, and that the Celtics will be requesting compensation for the tampering of another teams employee. Whether Donald Sterns adheres to the letter of the law in his ruling, is a question for another day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

[QUOTE]

(Quote)

Excellent post.  I hope more begin to see it this way.

And anyway, 10 years (+/-) is an eternity in the coaching ranks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You want me to believe that this has been 35 millions investment/scheme that Ainge and Doc have thought up a few years ago to fleece unsuspecting teams to give up valuable asset for the Celtics?  And then some actually think this is a fact, and since it would never ever come out or admitted by anyone involved that this was the plan then it must be true?  This is nothing but simply a conspiracy theory dejour.

Now that it is most likely that the whole plan has failed, and Doc reputation has been tarnished and Ainge is left with 35 millions dollars probably ineffective and possibly useless coach, how does that work out for them?  They are so smart, have they actually foreseen this downside?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

[QUOTE]

THE DUKE

This is not speculation, this is fact. Danny is one VERY smart guy. 

Fans criticize Danny for his draft choices, which is foolish. He has been one of the top GM's in the NBA for many years

[/QUOTE]

Good to see someone else on this board who sees what a great GM Ainge has been.  The only comments I seem to read are by the bozos who want to fire him and replace him with Bird.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

A fact usually has some real and citable evidences to support it.  Ainge made some good moves and some bad moves whether it be draftings and signings or tradings.  Great GM?  Maybe above average but I can't argue with the one championship, and for that I would thank him for making it happened along with many good and interesting years.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

Agree with your summation. What is going on is the business side of the game, a team trying to use all available resources for the betterment of the franchise especially so during the transition period from one era to the next. In the past all these negoitiations would have taken place in private between the teams involved and a press conference would be called upon the closing of the deal. In our media driven world of today where rumour and speculation can run rampant, complicating the process and inserting a level of impatience and public posturing.

It is possibble that this deal does not finilize and the organization will need to explore other avenues to gain picks/assets for the re-build. The Boston Celtics will not be re-built thru one trade or draft pick but thru a series of moves and acquisitions with the initial transitional moves taking place this week. Personally I appreciate this group of players and management for their passion and professionilism who brought relevance back to the Boston Celtics but understand the time has arrived to begin the rebuild. My hope is that we Bostonians and the local press can show a level of respect and appreciation as PP, KG and Doc leave us today (as well as RA last year) but are deserving to be included as some of the best of the Celtic tradition. No need for back stabbing and headline grabbing gossip, just acknowledge a job well done and accept the realization it was time to move to the future.

Thank You!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Doc is not a bad guy, and if the C's can get compensation for him, great.  I understand a rebuild is tough when you've had KG, PP and Ray for 5 years.  He doesn't want to do it.  He forced this situation by being noncommittal, and again, if he doesn;t want to rebuild I can understand.  If he interjected himself in the discussion of compensation between DA and the Clips to be sure the guys he wanted to have in LA weren't traded, then I can't respect that.  

Let's be clear that change was inevitable after the Celts got beat by a very average Knicks team in the first round.  Everyone knows it's time to move on, and everyone is scrambling to be sure that they have jobs, can get compensation for players, etc.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Danny and Doc are both doing what they need to do.   

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Don't you see, Doc is to blame for everything! Including the Sox and Bruins losing last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

"It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Danny and Doc are both doing what they need to do."

This is a more sensible explanation for most situations.  Most people are looking out for #1, most everything else is a closed second.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Y would doc agree to a non compete clause then? Sure they may be "friends" but this is a business and side deals are  for suckers.  And if hes that dumb then I dont want him as my head coach. 

Also , if doc did advise the clippers on personel decisions (not trading bledsoe) while hes a head coach of another team, that is both illegal and unethical.

There is a reason doc is looing bad, becuz everything hes doing is bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Oh... and docs ability to attract highly desirable FA's the past 9 years who simply love playing for him in Beantown..... priceless!

Pud

Look, the C's invested $$$ wisely so in keeping PP, and trading for KG and Ray, who while they were not free agents, could have refused the trades if they wanted to. They stayed (PP) and came here (KG and Ray) because Doc was the coach. Ditto Terry. So while they did not obtain high profile free agents, they also had no $$$ to do so with the big 3 and Rondo and Perk/Green on the books. 

Sections
Shortcuts