You are totally misreading the Doc situation

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: You are totally misreading the Doc situation

I don't know doc personally,but I'm guessing nobody on this board does either, so I have no clue what kind of guy he js privately. I do know that if he doesn't want to coach in Boston anymore because of what ever reason. The honus is on Doc to decide as a pro that has been shown more respect by an organization than any coach I've seen in a long long while to make a decision to walk or not privately and quietly. If the problem is Rondo,I love his game but,I'm a name on the front of the jersey see if we can pry Horford and L Williams away from the Hawks if it helps them sign Smith,go for it. The Clip fiasco was just that. If that was the way they wanted to go they should have made the trade and then given permission for them to hire doc. I personally don't think we're in as bad shape talent wise as some believe even if we don't have Rondo,PP,KG or doc. I think we have a good young nucleus,if we are going to try and start fresh then moving contracts and not taking on any long term contracts unless palyers we get are young and can be part of our building plan. Like with the Clips I would rather take Butlers expiring contract than Jordans.a career back up,for 3 yrs @ 10 mil. I will say this draft night this Thursday will be more  interesting than it has been in a while for us.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Right, they were aiming for 2 lottery picks, but where are they now?  And Doc is ok with being seen as a opportunistic backstabbing front-runner, and all the the talks about bleeding green and loyalty is part of the act?  It does not take a lot of thinking to see that this would end up as bad PR for Doc for a lot of Celtics fan, and Doc at the times 2 years said, not a problem?  Yes UFO is real....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Some of this may be true but the bigger issue here is Doc is trying to bail on a team that isn't that bad. HE JUST NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB COACHING. This is a team that would've played better had it not been for so many injuries. They still made the playoffs and should've beat the Knicks.

Doc should've stuck with this team one more year. KG was still an All Star. Trade Rondo or keep Rondo but make him accountable. Why did Doc turn the team over to an enigma. Get SUlly healthy. Play Green major minutes....all the time not just when he's playing well. Play big men. Stop giving PP all the minutes and ISOs at the end of games. Get a defensive coach.

There are alot of things Doc can do with the team he has to play better. This team when healthy is a 4th seed in the East. Doc just wants a ton of talent to mask his coaching...but if he were realy looking at the situation he would see the Celtics have more talent than the Clippers. HE HAS TO DO HIS PART.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Skipping past all the blah ... I completely agree with the OPs ideas. If I were to put money on what's going on, that would be it.

Danny and Doc are both smart enough to create win-win scenerios. Doc won with 7M per, Danny won with the 5 years and now Danny has Doc as an asset (win) and Doc has the chance to chase a title elsewhere (win). In doing so they prolong KGs career (win) and make it easier for Paul to contend elsewhere (win) and are willing to make other teams contenders (win for Clippers).

The only loser may be Rondo, but let's face it, in order for Rondo to prove he is ellite, he needs to remove the training wheels of Doc, KG, and PP. So in the end, Rondo has the opportunity to be the star of his own team, under nobody's shadow ... win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

When the noose finally tightens around DA's neck regarding this PR disaster, the Cs owners will have totally misread the doc situation too.

And they..... along with DA.... and along with doc.... will just be doing what they need to do too.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is funny, one say this was a "win" when right below it, it was a disaster.  In the end if it is a win, what have we gotten for it, and if this is a win-win, what will we get if Doc goes to the broadcast booth but 7 millions a year overpaid coaching contract.  And if Doc commands such a great respect that people want to come here, what does that do to the Celtics reputation going forward when Doc does not want to have anything to do with the team anymore even with $7 millions a year dangling infront of him?  What a win-win situation we have here...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

You want me to believe that this has been 35 millions investment/scheme that Ainge and Doc have thought up a few years ago to fleece unsuspecting teams to give up valuable asset for the Celtics?  And then some actually think this is a fact, and since it would never ever come out or admitted by anyone involved that this was the plan then it must be true?  This is nothing but simply a conspiracy theory dejour.

Now that it is most likely that the whole plan has failed, and Doc reputation has been tarnished and Ainge is left with 35 millions dollars probably ineffective and possibly useless coach, how does that work out for them?  They are so smart, have they actually foreseen this downside?

+33

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I still believe Doc is coming back but Rondo will be the one that is gone. Just a feeling I have that we will hear tomorrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernsox. Show southernsox's posts

Trade Doc,Pierce,Garnett and Danny Ainge for Phil Jackson and Kobe

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

A fact usually has some real and citable evidences to support it.  Ainge made some good moves and some bad moves whether it be draftings and signings or tradings.  Great GM?  Maybe above average but I can't argue with the one championship, and for that I would thank him for making it happened along with many good and interesting years.

+2

From Jan Volk to Dave Gavitt to M.L. Carr to Rick Pitino to Chris Wallace, the Celts never became an elite team. It was only when Ainge took over that the Celts made it back to the Finals, twice, and won a championship.

It was only when Ainge took over that the Celtics made it back to the Finals , twice , and won a Championship.......

YES, BEST COMMENT ON THIS BOARD EVER !

All will be revealed on Thursday night , the next 5 years of our lives as Celtics fans will begin to take shape.

My worst fear is the Celtics overpaying for Josh Smith and Al Jefferson.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Bird,B,L you may be right. I'm a Rondo guy but again I'm all about the front of the jersey. One thing we definately agree with is that we both think doc is overated.

Rkarp,I think you actually agree with me and didn't quite interpret my post. I don't consider trying to get Horford and L Williams through trade would be getting average players with big contracts. Horford is probably THE most underated Center in the NBA right now and he's coming into his prime and gets paid 500,000 more than Jordan. L Williams watch him 1 game and tell me he isn't a piece that wouldn't make our team beter right away and down the road and is locked up for 3 years at 4 mil. As for wanting Butler over Jordan,Butler isn't a player for retooling as by his own talent,he is servicable even if we trade his expiring 8 mil contract during the season either way his cap $ is gone after this season. Jordan is a player that has as many liabilities as assetts and will be harder to trade with his 10.5 for 3yrs,that has as much to do with the Clips offering us him but not wanting to give up Bledsoe who is still in his rookie contract and is still tadeable because of his supposed "upside". DA used draft picks to quickly rebuild this team in 07 not by drafting but by trading picks. If we're planning to build through the draft I don't see anyone that is lock to be a guy to build around this year.

There is no one bad guy here this has been a group effort, KG holding the team up with his no trade and I want this player and this coach or I walk is sadly not unlike DHs demands in Orlando. PP just wants to get paid and the 11 mil difference is something you can't blame him for and hasn't made any demands,who knows maybe he's called KG  and Doc to keep him out of this. Doc is trying to keep his image and inflated opinion of his coaching abilities and that players will go anywhere he is coaching,so I guess he's just c.h.a. DA biggest fault in this is giving to much ability for KG and doc to try and hold him over a barrel by publicly showing his hand by been giving too much say on how they're dealt with.

I'm good with Doc going somewhere else,I personally thought he could've brought at least one more banner with the players he had. we got screwed out of one 10 BUT he could've adapted his style and subbed more when we were up by 20,I say he does that and we're never in a position where a refs bad call costs us a ring. I believe 1 thing is for sure more of us will be watching the draft this Thursday than we have the last 4 years. What happens is anyones guess. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

ITs amazing a bdc poster claims to have the inside scoop of all the back alley deals and arrangements Doc & DA made regarding signing him to a 5 yr $35M contract... yet not a word from the NBA pundits and beats writes or guys who are supposed to be in the know... just our BDC poster rkarp...  and people actually fall for this nonsense.

Sure, it was an intelligent, well thought out deal DA made with DOc for $35M..because that would lock DOc in so we could agree to release him for an asset.. like the lame draft pick from the CLippers LOL

Sure, its claimed that 5yr deal was made to attract FA's to Boston, like J Terry? LOL

Now hes claiming DOc isnt the HC of the Celtics anymore... News Bulletin...ur wrong! Doc is still the HC of the Celtics and he shouldnt be urging the Clippers to hold back Bledsoe in the trade.. That is preposterous you could even attempt to slide that nonsense by anyone.

Finally you claim to be inside DAs head and know for a fact he will rebuild the C"s only through the draft...

Nobody in the professional NBA has mentioned such circumstances or knowledge or such an arrangement and understanding between Doc & DA....except for you..... my goodness are you impressive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rkarp spins a complicated tale and I don't know if its right or wrong but I will say that I've read two stories in support of what he's saying.  

One article (I'd have to go back a week to research where I read it) pointed out that Doc would only sign a deal with the Clippers if he was sure the Celts were getting ample compensation.   Another story on ProSports daily reported that Doc had been trying to convince Danny all along to stay with the attempt to tweak the team and gradually rebuild vs blowing it up and that he did not want to be part of blowing it up as he (Doc) believed that with a few younger players mixed in, this team was still highly competitive (and that Doc has been taking that position with Danny for several years).  This indicates Danny did, in fact, know that Doc would leave when it came time to blow it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

More evidence that Doc has been working with the Celts to get the best deal for the C's or he would not take the job:

ProSportsDaily and YahooSports from Woj reporting:  "Clearly, Rivers' telling the Clippers he no longer had interest in the job – and the Celtics setting a Friday deadline for a deal – were negotiating postures to leverage the Clippers back with a better offer."

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Although Danny Ainge, the Celtics director of basketball operations, was initially irked that Rivers was lukewarm about returning to Boston, where a rebuilding process will soon be underway, team sources said he recognized the best way to accumulate first round draft picks, which he covets, would be to relinquish his two most valued assets -- Rivers and Kevin Garnett. Since then, he and Rivers have been working side by side to secure a deal that is best for both parties, sources said.

The above pgh makes it clear there was no such strategy in place when Doc & DA agreed on the 5yr $35M deal, as you are insisting.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Although Danny Ainge, the Celtics director of basketball operations, was initially irked that Rivers was lukewarm about returning to Boston, where a rebuilding process will soon be underway, team sources said he recognized the best way to accumulate first round draft picks, which he covets, would be to relinquish his two most valued assets -- Rivers and Kevin Garnett. Since then, he and Rivers have been working side by side to secure a deal that is best for both parties, sources said.

The above pgh makes it clear there was no such strategy in place when Doc & DA agreed on the 5yr $35M deal, as you are insisting.

I have a bridge to sell you upstate. 

Sounds like thats what you been trying to do in this thread.. however the bridge is in Brooklyn, not upstate.. Duh

Sections
Shortcuts