You Guys Ready to Hop on the Bulls Bandwagon?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: You Guys Ready to Hop on the Bulls Bandwagon?

They are legit and so are we..  it will be a tough series if we play . we won't play this bad for 7 games ...  but i believe it will take 7 to beat em..   just because we are now softer in the middle.  no way rose is driving down the lane like that with shaq and yes.. Perk in the middle..  but neither of them are walking through that door.  so we wil see ....However no way I can say for sure we beat them.. cause unlike the other teams in the east they play D.  That D wore us down tonight. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Not going on any bandwagon.  I saw how cocky Rose, Noah and company looked out there and I hope that lights a fire under the Celtics so they play psyched-UP rather than psyched-OUT. 

Say whatever you want about Doc but I've always found in smart about being able to beat a team over the course of a series.  We have a lot to take to the drawing board tonight but better we're finding it out now than in 3 weeks or whenever we - hopefully - meet them in the conference finals.

And let me go on record that SHAQ will have something to say about it too...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: You Guys Ready to Hop on the Bulls Bandwagon?:
    [QUOTE]Not going on any bandwagon.  I saw how cocky Rose, Noah and company looked out there and I hope that lights a fire under the Celtics so they play psyched-UP rather than psyched-OUT.  Say whatever you want about Doc but I've always found in smart about being able to beat a team over the course of a series.  We have a lot to take to the drawing board tonight but better we're finding it out now than in 3 weeks or whenever we - hopefully - meet them in the conference finals. And let me go on record that SHAQ will have something to say about it too...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

A healthy Shaq would be an huge asset to us. We will need him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

These are the type of posts that are so opaque and sophmoric that they are uneccesarily devisive and just stupid.  On the Bulls bandwagon?  The Bulls have proven all season that they are a top tier team and a legitimate threat to beat the Celtics or even win the Championship.  Their overall record in the NBA all season and record agaisnt the best teams are proof.  Its not a sudden thing.

That said.  I belive that the Celtics are a better team and I will bet money that we will beat them in the playoffs IF JON can play extended minutes and/or Shaq returns to the lineup.  We can't win without a true center.  AND if Rondo plays his position (O and D) with consistency and energy. If he continues to play the way he did tonight and most nights over the last month, he will continue to disrupt the rythem of the other players and drain energy and momentum and we will not win even with our centers.  We can't win playing 4 on 5.       

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I think chicago is a solid club,and I absolutely respect thibs/d rose, but I am willing to say that chicago/orl is not a series that will be easy for chicago. This year's playoffs are wide open in both conferences, so I am not convinced that the bulls can get to the ecf/finals. Playoffs are an entirely different beast all together, and that team still needs to prove itself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I said before that Rose is a spectacular player but I like how the C's match up with the Bulls, especially if they can get anything from Shaq.  Last night doesn't mean that much to me.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was very disappointed by last night's game.  It should be a very interesting series if the Celtics meet the Bulls during the playoffs.  It would definitely be a very close series and would probably go to seven games.  I will remain optimistic and predict that the Celtics will win. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would not hop on that bandwagon unless the Bulls are facing the Lakers. Only then.

I do think to say Ray will be fine is wishful.  Ray may average more than seven points but something is clearly wrong.  He can't get the ball in places he wants on the three line or  anywhere everything is forced.  His ballhandling is a real problem.  He will hit threes again for sure I just don't see a player out there with any energy though. Bogans of all people outplayed him last night.  That was a match up that jumped out at you to their disadvantage.

Pierce needs to discipline his scorer's urge, whether it be an ill timed three or passing the ball away.  In one stretch last night in the third period he did it three consecutive times.  He needs to understand he cannot handle the ball against good defensive teams.  I believe he will be fine however.   Ray is much more of a concern.

Rondo needs to figure out how he is going to defend people like Rose.  Cover them, get help, let someone else chase him. Green could give Rose fits in spurts I bet.   He was taken out of his offensive game last night but Rose was torching them.  Coaching will help him redirect himself.

We can beat them but Pierce and Ray have to play better than overmatched older men.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Cs are old. Tired.

Stick a fork in them. They are done.

1 title in 25 years. Pathetic.

And those 11 titles the Cs won in the 50s and 60s when there were only 4 teams in the East and in the West, were won before the modern era of basketball began and that was when the ABA and NBA merged in the early 70s.

Time to go root for the Sawx. Oh, excuse me. That's another group of overrated wannabes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Cs are old. Tired. Stick a fork in them. They are done. 1 title in 25 years. Pathetic. And those 11 titles the Cs won in the 50s and 60s when there were only 4 teams in the East and in the West, were won before the modern era of basketball began and that was when the ABA and NBA merged in the early 70s. Time to go root for the Sawx. Oh, excuse me. That's another group of overrated wannabes.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

What does that say about our five titles won before the introduction of the shot clock?

Belittling the past doesn't bolster one's arguments. I'm sure if we'd landed Russell in 1956 you'd have a different opinion? Or would it be the same?

That timeline with the 'modern' era even rules out our first title in Los Angeles. To denigrate the Celtics you denigrate six of our hard won championships. And five of those championships by one of the NBA's greatest, yet most misunderstood teams.

The Minneapolis Lakers. They were the best, the absolute best at what they did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Cs are old. Tired. Stick a fork in them. They are done. 1 title in 25 years. Pathetic. And those 11 titles the Cs won in the 50s and 60s when there were only 4 teams in the East and in the West, were won before the modern era of basketball began and that was when the ABA and NBA merged in the early 70s. Time to go root for the Sawx. Oh, excuse me. That's another group of overrated wannabes.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

Just a question, but who did the Celtics get most of those titles against?  Surely not the great lakers?  They would never play in such a rinky dink league with only NINE (you're off on that one) teams...............................would they?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Guys Ready to Hop on the Bulls Bandwagon? : That's why I'm asking for the opinion of the fans here that want to jump onto the Bulls bandwagon. No one is forcing you to post on this thread. I'm asking the Celtic fans who want to jump on the Bulls bandwagon, not the Celtic fans who still believe.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The Bulls are the Cavs of last year. 
    I highly doubt Luol Deng will average 25 against us.  PP played NO D and went through the motions.
    I also highly doubt Jeff Green will cover Boozer ever again.
    Baby's time needs to go down in the CHI series (if either team gets that far, let's not discount ORL vs CHI in Round 2) - how many shots can one guy get blocked in one game?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If it comes down to the Bulls vs the Heat or the Lakers, put me down as a bandwagon Bull!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Paul Pierce played no D on his man last night. He let deng shoot without bothering him at all most of the night. I don't think that's going to happen next time we see each other.

I totally agree with Karl, they are like the cavs: young, with lots of talent, but inexperienced. We will get them in the playoffs.

GO CELTS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere in response to Ms. Lithium wanting Spurs to win if we don't.  I felt like copying & pasting it here too as i address the Bulls but mostly Noah and not Rose.

I love your passion. I am a super senior in my 70's and a Boston Teams fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days(Red Sox…Williams, Dimaggio etc.). In  my youth I remember when our teams lost I couldn't get to sleep for hours and couldn't wait for the next game to try & get over the previous loss. With the great Celtic teams with Russell, Bird, McHale, Parish etc. I had tremendous satisfaction & gloating rights as although I was born in New England, went to school there , the Military first & then my working career after took me to California, I've been here(SF Bay Area) for 45+ years. I'm a local team fan too…hate the Lakers, Dodgers, Previously LA Rams etc….but roots run deep and I'm a Boston fan first even when they play local teams.

I got over my severe depression after Boston losses after my teens and it was really frustrating if you are a Sox fan as I went through 4 world series… 1946, 1967, 1975 & 1986 the most ugly loss (Bill Buckner) when they didn't win. Their comeback from 0-3 with the Yankees and then undefeated thereafter for their first title since early 1900s was probably my most gratifying Boston teams victory. Then the loss to the Lakers last year in game 7 when I felt they were robbed with disparity in foul shots made me relive, and I'm in my 70s, nausea & grief for weeks, months even writing on the Tainted Title forum that went to almost 1000 posts(don't remember you there---Rajon Randowski was a major contributor).

The reason I was especially saddened with the unjust loss to the Lakers, I & many other people & sport writers felt too, was that I always like rooting for an older player/team and I worry that last year may have been the last hurrah for the Big 3.  Also, I like rooting for underdogs. With your preference for the Spurs if we don't make it, I like your choice because Duncan, Ginobli & Parker are not youngster either and they are a class act. But, truth be told, I will root for anyone vs. the Lakers. Same as I do for anyone vs. Yankees. I don't like them threatening our leadership with titles.

RE your comment: 

"I'm grieving here.  I feel worse about this game than I do any of those losses to cellar dwellars because I am now forced to confront the possibility that the Bulls - after all their trash talking of us - are in fact the better team this year.  We all are, and trust me, we all have our ways of dealing with it."

I play in a super seniors USTA tennis league and tennis is supposed to be almost like golf, a gentlemens' sport. You can't believe the trash talk but remember the old "sticks & stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you". Noah's mouth didn't beat us, their  quickness, youth etc. did. Noah is to be admired a bit as his father, Yannick, wanted him to follow in his tennis footsteps & rallied with him, jogged with him & boxed with him administering some beatings too but Joakim to be respected chose basketball. Hopefully, and they say in life that falling down is not the worse thing but it's the ability to pick your self up, that Rivers learns that we need to play a different slow down the tempo game with this younger team.  Also, if we get Shaq back it'll help tremendously in the paint & he'll take care of Joakim.

You also very wisely said that if we lose, life goes on.  I've been depressed about Red Sox 0-6 start & facing the dreaded Yankees this weekend.  Remember, these guys make millions whether they win or lose. But keep in mind the truly important things going on in the world, Japan Nuclear problem, Libya stalemate, atrocities in Africa etc.

SO….

'Every Day Above Ground ... Is A Good Day'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Who ever thinks the Bulls are not legit has to get his head checked is simply living in denial or is Tommy Heinsohn's Son or a Tommy Heinsohn want to be...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

or a Celtic fan wannnabe...or a fakerfan,?? youre like clark kent, puts on the glasses and thinks no one can tell youre true identity

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ortiz,
    Everyone knows Rico is a Laker fan. He thinks he is being very silly and hopes his laker friends get a big laugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Who ever thinks the Bulls are not legit has to get his head checked is simply living in denial or is Tommy Heinsohn's Son or a Tommy Heinsohn want to be...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

You've been exposed now.  Admit who you are and stop getting toasted every time you post.  You are not funny...............

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts