You know what? We MISS Stiemsma!!! Badly!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You know what? We MISS Stiemsma!!! Badly!

We miss Hollins too.

Anybody know why we did'nt keep them?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: You know what? We MISS Stiemsma!!! Badly!

i wish we could of worked something out. He was a great contributer on defense when K.G. went to the bench. Is he hurt now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oi0aKZoOkM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We miss Hollins too.

[/QUOTE]

Stiemsma, because the Celts couldn't match Minny's offer.

Hollins, because he's not that good. Check his stats with the Clips this season.

[/QUOTE]

Stiemsma is not that great either. We can and will do better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

San Antonio re-signed Danny Green and Diaw both for 100,000 less than we are paying Jeff. I would take either guy straight up!

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We miss Hollins too.

[/QUOTE]

Stiemsma, because the Celts couldn't match Minny's offer.

Hollins, because he's not that good. Check his stats with the Clips this season.

[/QUOTE]

Stiemsma is not that great either. We can and will do better.

[/QUOTE]
    I hope you are right.  We definitely could have used Stiemsma this season. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We could use Wilcox, if Doc would play him more.

[/QUOTE] Wilcox is just to tall, to get much playing time!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Wilcox has always been a decent big.  He started for three years with Seattle.  He is better than Steamer.

What Steamer can do is block shots though, there is no doubt about that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The problem with playing Wilcox more is simply having enough minutes to go around.   Playing Wilcox, Green, Bass, KG, Rondo, Terry, Lee, Pierce, Barbosa, and Sully means there just aren't enough minutes for players to get a great rhythm.   The problem gets worse when Bradley gets back.   

Fierce knows what's going to happen.   Someone will lose a lot of minutes as the second half approaches and will become trade bait in a package for a rebounding, inside scoring big man.   Doc and Danny want to spread the minutes to see who earns late season playing time vs who is trade bait.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

When Mike Gorman said that Serge Ibaka had more blocks than our entire team, coupled with my own observation that the Spurs game planned us

to attack the basket, I remembered how Steamer used to make everyone drive and dish.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

When Mike Gorman said that Serge Ibaka had more blocks than our entire team, coupled with my own observation that the Spurs game planned us

to attack the basket, I remembered how Steamer used to make everyone drive and dish.

[/QUOTE]

While I liked Steamer, I don't want to rewrite history.   Steamer didn't do much more than block a couple of shots and in the process, got way out of position and fouled.   He'd have 3 or 4 beautiful blocks and then give up 5 fouls in 4 minutes and let his man have wide open shots because he was going for the next block.

Steamer didn't make us a winner.  Paul, KG, Rondo, Ray, Bass, and Bradley got to the last game of the ECFs with no help from Steamer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How about Fab Melo and cash for Stiemsma?

Do you think Fab will be better than Steamer on defense one day?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i really miss a GM in boston who could assemble a roster with a complete assortment of talent at all positions.  hollins was a TERRIBLE center- he was mikki moore all over again- no rebounding, an occasional lob dunk and that's it. 

steamer was shot block function and now that we don't have that we are dunk bait and teams drive the lane fearlessly.  collins, wilcox the 235 pound stick figure and ? is supposed to be KG's help?  they benched darko literally to death after he had, by all accounts, a "PRODUCTIVE" pre season.  why that? 

don't look now, but the last time darko played a full season was in minny two years ago and he notched 8 and 6 with 2 blocks in 24 minutes of floor time.  that's more than what steamer bought us in everything but blocks per minute.

this team is becoming increasingly uninteresting as the bold faced idiocy of ainge's roster comes into ever clearer focus day by day.  i fully realize "it's not a big man's game" any more but you still have to have lane cloggers, body mashers, glass wipers and be able to block some shots.  we have nothing but KG, who is old and cannot be relied on to do all those jobs.  he's not a lane clogger or a masher anyway and never will be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and to all the "just wait until the deadline" people- don't hold your breath.  since we overpaid both KG and jeff green, we have nothing of value to give.  i'd say we even over paid courtney lee and pierce too.  the chickens come home to roost when you sign old stars for too much $ and too many years. 

pierce at $15M when he is a $10M player (at the most) is a farce.  KG at $11M when KG has banked close to $400 million and verbally states "I want to try to win one more" is a joke.  He should have come on at 2-3M MAXIMUM if we had a chance to fill out the roster with the pieces NEEDED, not just what could be scavenged from the wreckage of the league.

what are we supposed to do with courtney lee assuming that avery bradley comes back this year- $5m on the bench?  lee isn't playing $5m / yr ball for anyone to really want him right now in a trade anyway.

once they signed collins to "replace" stiessma, you knew it was all over.  collins can barely replace a roll of toilet paper in his own house, let alone play back up five any longer in the NBA.  he's fourth string material on any good team, a/k/a not even on the roster.  his per minute rebounding is a horror show, right through his "prime" years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and to all the "just wait until the deadline" people- don't hold your breath.  since we overpaid both KG and jeff green, we have nothing of value to give.  i'd say we even over paid courtney lee and pierce too.  the chickens come home to roost when you sign old stars for too much $ and too many years. 

pierce at $15M when he is a $10M player (at the most) is a farce.  KG at $11M when KG has banked close to $400 million and verbally states "I want to try to win one more" is a joke.  He should have come on at 2-3M MAXIMUM if we had a chance to fill out the roster with the pieces NEEDED, not just what could be scavenged from the wreckage of the league.

what are we supposed to do with courtney lee assuming that avery bradley comes back this year- $5m on the bench?  lee isn't playing $5m / yr ball for anyone to really want him right now in a trade anyway.

once they signed collins to "replace" stiessma, you knew it was all over.  collins can barely replace a roll of toilet paper in his own house, let alone play back up five any longer in the NBA.  he's fourth string material on any good team, a/k/a not even on the roster.  his per minute rebounding is a horror show, right through his "prime" years

[/QUOTE]
    I do agree that if both Pierce and KG were earning significantly less the Celtics would have that additional money to sign someone else that could really help this team.  We have discussed the KG signing before in many other threads and I am one of the few who agree with you that KG should have done what Shaq did when he signed with the Celtics.  Even though Shaq wasn't able to help us for the entire season, he had good intentions and signed with the Celtics to try to win another championship.  KG certainly doesn't need the money.  He has made more than most NBA players in his career.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do agree that if both Pierce and KG were earning significantly less the Celtics would have that additional money to sign someone else that could really help this team.  We have discussed the KG signing before in many other threads and I am one of the few who agree with you that KG should have done what Shaq did when he signed with the Celtics.  Even though Shaq wasn't able to help us for the entire season, he had good intentions and signed with the Celtics to try to win another championship.  KG certainly doesn't need the money.  He has made more than most NBA players in his career.  

[/QUOTE]

you got it- danny has thrown about "good will" as if it wasn't expensive.  even the sheed and jerLame o'neal signings were pure foolishness in DURATION of contracts.  overlapping new CBA years with $ amounts that precluded us from getting squat for the dead bodies of the two by way of meting out cap relief in trades.

garnett = shaq- been there and done it all, you got that right- if he REALLY wanted to win then 3 years at 11 mill or whatever we barfed up for him is just an insult to common sense.  watch for pierce to be resigned for 3 more years at 10 mill each when his 15 mill contract is up. 

the only prudent signings around are jason terry, rondo's contract is fair value for what he gives i suppose, despite the fact he could be top 10 talent in the league if he played straight up defense and had the discipline to pursue his offensive game consistently like we NEED him to.

but what else can you point at and say "that's really a bargain"?!  avery bradley for now, but that will soon change.  many teams are getting very resourceful in finding new big / euro / world players as we seem satisfied to run a putty knife along the sludge left at the bottom of the league and welcome it into green.  sometimes for way too much money even then, or too many years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you got it- danny has thrown about "good will" as if it wasn't expensive.  even the sheed and jerLame o'neal signings were pure foolishness in DURATION of contracts.  overlapping new CBA years with $ amounts that precluded us from getting squat for the dead bodies of the two by way of meting out cap relief in trades.

garnett = shaq- been there and done it all, you got that right- if he REALLY wanted to win then 3 years at 11 mill or whatever we barfed up for him is just an insult to common sense.  watch for pierce to be resigned for 3 more years at 10 mill each when his 15 mill contract is up. 

the only prudent signings around are jason terry, rondo's contract is fair value for what he gives i suppose, despite the fact he could be top 10 talent in the league if he played straight up defense and had the discipline to pursue his offensive game consistently like we NEED him to.

but what else can you point at and say "that's really a bargain"?!  avery bradley for now, but that will soon change.  many teams are getting very resourceful in finding new big / euro / world players as we seem satisfied to run a putty knife along the sludge left at the bottom of the league and welcome it into green.  sometimes for way too much money even then, or too many years

[/QUOTE]

barbosa's been good value as well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

stiemsma is not playing much with the wolves and isn't doing much on the court when he is, but he's an example of someone who was more valuable to the team he was on than he may be anywhere else in the league. I understand why he took as much money as he could get, but it may have been shortsighted on his part. he would have fit in perfectly on this team and would have had the protection of a lot of vets around him, knew the syetm and was already comfortable etc. stiemsma is/was probably never going to score a ton of pionts, but he could block shots and rebound and at least play adequate defense. he would have been a positive presence on this team and would have almost certianly been seeing more playing time and had better numbers. think it very likely he'd be playing 20 minutes a game and averaging 6 and 6 with a block and half per game or something.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

BT33- you have a point- but trust me- look at steamer and look at the celts.  WHO screwed themselves is readily apparent to me.  big men get paid easily in the nba.  just ask omer asik.  8 million bucks.  so for he's doing good for houston with 10pts / 12 rebs a night.  we should have / could have paid steamer the money if, oh, let's say, KG signs for shack money or even TWICE shack money then the rubber bands and paper clips don't fly off danny's budget and we get stuck with the living statue jason collins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Did you see Steamer get down court faster than Courtney Lee? He has awesome speed and quickness, perfect for our defense!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

[QUOTE]

BT33- you have a point- but trust me- look at steamer and look at the celts.  WHO screwed themselves is readily apparent to me.  big men get paid easily in the nba.  just ask omer asik.  8 million bucks.  so for he's doing good for houston with 10pts / 12 rebs a night.  we should have / could have paid steamer the money if, oh, let's say, KG signs for shack money or even TWICE shack money then the rubber bands and paper clips don't fly off danny's budget and we get stuck with the living statue jason collins.

[/QUOTE]

true. there's no doubt they prioritized the money and didn't leave much room to fill the big men slots with decent big men and wound up with a couple scrap heap guys. collins was not a good solution and obviously darko didn't pan out (I liked the darko pick-up when it happened). the darko thing remains more than a little confusing, but we're not there behind the scenes, and the guy has always been something of an enigma. I actually don't think KG's 11 and 12 is that crazy. sure, they overpayed, but there's no doubt he's an 10 per guy. he's still very productive and the team falls apart when he's not on the court (in garnett's case i think there would have been more than one taker at that price). yes, pierce is overpayed too, clearly, by at least 3-5 million, and it'll only get worse next year when he makes 15-plus. courtney lee at 5 isn't too outrageous. they may not be getting that value exactly, but it's clear he has a skill set that could make him a valuable player in the next few years, or at the very least trade bait. so far the worst value is jeff green. didn't understand the contract when they signed it, and still don't. thought he was a 2 @ 14 guy at the most and not sure there would have been any other suitors out there for his services after the way he played pre-heart surgery. it's hard to pinpoint exactly what led to not acquiring additional quality big men. all in all still think ainge did a solid job of trying to build the team into a contender, though the two spots that seem to get missed was that big guy (a role stiemsma could have filled) and a back-up pg. overall, things do not look good so far, but the proof will come at the end of the season. hope there's at least one move coming for a big man because the team can't win anything with the roster as currently comprised. 

25. This post has been removed.