Young draftees Kelly Olynyk and Colton Iverson...New Twin Towers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Young draftees Kelly Olynyk and Colton Iverson...New Twin Towers

Ya know, for a few years I and many posters have lamented our being last or next to it in rebounding needing to shoot 45-50% to compensate for -10 in rebounds. I envied the Lakers with the twin towers. Bynum & Gasol and only Kobe(other players were mediocre) & they beat us in 2010(forget egregious difference in 41-18 foul shots) by outrebounding us. Don't forget too that the Spurs dominated with Duncan & Robinson for years.

Now, I'm not saying these 2 are gifted as Bynum & Gasol but who knows that in addition to Melo perhaps developing we could have TRIPLE towers (HA!) & the PFs Sully & Wilcox too should help us be +10 in rebounding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Young draftees Kelly Olynyk and Colton Iverson...New Twin Towers

Olynyk is not a rebounder nor does he possess a left hand; he's slow laterally and a disappointing defender (DraftExpress).  Iverson is more athletic, but both played against relatively weak competition, so "stats" might be deceiving.  I, for one, would be happier had Ainge gone elsewhere with the pick.  I hope my assessment is premature and not prophetic.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts