Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress

The Timberwolves were ahead of Durant and his bunch late in the fourth quarter tonigth.  Rose and his bunch beat Koby.  David Lee and his bunch look pretty competative.  The Pacers can be spoilers this year.  The Celts and Lakers are showing their age, I did not say they are out of it yet, the rest of the league should let sleeping dogs lie.  Some say that the West could come down to the Clippers and Thunder.  The East has improved so much that several teams could defeat you on a given night.  The Press and Reffs have ordained the Heat as the NBA champions for the next few years, and it appears that most of the teams in the NBA are flat scared of them.  The fast start the Celts were going to have vanished with the injury to Paul Pierce.  After Brandon Bass scored 20 and had 10 rebounds, Doc pointed our that he did not understand the system, I wonder what Doc wants him to do be like Pav.  KG did not get a suspension but he no longer makes our team almost unbeatable.  Rondo played great but still is not a game finisher, but both Paul and Rose finished their games off with wins.  Looks like an interesting year with the Celts making a suprise run if they do not let teams beat them up like the Nicks did. Can Rondo be there for the season taking the beating he takes every night? Can Dooling get the job done? Do we need House? Could House and Pietrus bring back the magic we had during our last championship run? Doc says Brandon Bass can be out x factor. Glen Davis had a good game , 9 points in the first half and some Great Screens in the second half, plus taking charges, he looked good.  Delonte has impressed some in Dallas.  Perk is in a good situation.  Go Celtics. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress

It appears to me that the Big Three will have aged a lot during the offseason.

Of course it was a long, long offseason.

Same with the Lakers (and kobe/Pau make five). The youthful Kings stuck it to them last night.

The Cs and Lakers in the same ancient boat taking on water????

Well... misery luvs company.

You can see already why both teams really,  really, really wanted a defibrillator PG... CP3.

Its the year of the young-uns.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    I think you have got the message for this year.  Without Pierce I would not judge Garnett and Ray yet but it sure looked like they were older against the Knicks.

The young teams in this accelerated 66 game season seem to have a very big advantage.

Doc is a rigid user of his bench and this concerns me. Pavlovic has no business starting, Bass should be playing.  Pavlovic should not even be on the team.   Younger guys like Moore are going to have to play and we will have to lose sometimes as they gain experience. Doc seems immune to that type of thinking.  With Pavlovic you lose and gain nothing from it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress:
    Pud, I think you have got the message for this year.  Without Pierce I would not judge Garnett and Ray yet but it sure looked like they were older against the Knicks. The young teams in this accelerated 66 game season seem to have a very big advantage. Doc is a rigid user of his bench and this concerns me. Pavlovic has no business starting, Bass should be playing.  Pavlovic should not even be on the team.   Younger guys like Moore are going to have to play and we will have to lose sometimes as they gain experience. Doc seems immune to that type of thinking.  With Pavlovic you lose and gain nothing from it.
    Posted by concord27

I agree that Garnett and Ray will be better with Pierce around.  Pietrus will help as well.   Sasha shouldn't be out there - bad decision by Doc.  Just simply a horrible decision.  But, Doc said he would give Sasha and Quis a chance to step up and he did.   

As for Moore, he simply can't play the 3 position and neither can Bass.  Carmelo is way too big for Moore and too fast for Bass so we were stuck at the SF matchup with the Knicks.  Won't be that way next time.  To Danny's credit, it wouldn't be that way if Green were here but that was a situation no one could have predicted.   Thank God it was discovered in time.

But, try to remember how bad it is when we don't have home court advantage.  I still say along with Perk's injury, it cost us a championship (2009 vs Lakers).  Doc knows home court is important and wants to get games under our best as wins so sacrificing games so Moore can develop isn't a theory I subscribe to.  Put him in more, for sure, but when the lead is evaporating and the young guys are lost, gotta go back to the starters.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud, I think you have got the message for this year.  Without Pierce I would not judge Garnett and Ray yet but it sure looked like they were older against the Knicks. The young teams in this accelerated 66 game season seem to have a very big advantage. Doc is a rigid user of his bench and this concerns me. Pavlovic has no business starting, Bass should be playing.  Pavlovic should not even be on the team.   Younger guys like Moore are going to have to play and we will have to lose sometimes as they gain experience. Doc seems immune to that type of thinking.  With Pavlovic you lose and gain nothing from it.
    Posted by concord27

Based on past practices, Doc will run the starters into the ground,  seemingly fearful for his job and wanting a good W-L record to prove his coaching skills.

Fools gold. A .500 season would be okay with me, as long as we get to the PO's healthy and integrated, young and old.

I like Bass and Moore. JJJ might be a keeper too. Dunno... but let the newbies play. Let the retooling begin.

Save the ancient ones like bottles of fine wine... to be used/enjoyed with care. Otherwise things will spoil badly.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why do some people spell Shaq 'Shack' and Kobe 'Koby' and the Knicks 'Nicks'???

drives me nuts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really? You guys did realize we were screwed by a bad call with 15 seconds that gave the Knicks the game. I guess,since the Bulls lost on the road to GS they should just blow up the team by trading Rose for Udrih,he had a good game last night and Boozer for Outlaw. Do you guys live in a bomb shelter just in case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Why do some people spell Shaq 'Shack' and Kobe 'Koby' and the Knicks 'Nicks'??? drives me nuts
    Posted by rameakap

DWILL, DROSE, KD,KG, MAMBA,CP3 drives me nuts.  Like they dont have names.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress : Based on past practices, Doc will run the starters into the ground,  seemingly fearful for his job and wanting a good W-L record to prove his coaching skills.   Fools gold. A .500 season would be okay with me, as long as we get to the PO's healthy and integrated, young and old. I like Bass and Moore. JJJ might be a keeper too. Dunno... but let the newbies play. Let the retooling begin. Save the ancient ones like bottles of fine wine... to be used/enjoyed with care. Otherwise things will spoil badly. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Yea, Pud....that's it.  Doc with his long term contract is afraid for his job and he's not concerned about winning a championship.  He just wants a good W-L to prove his coaching skills. 

We know a .500 season is good for you, but that's why the owners select Danny and Doc - people who want to WIN vs people who want to be mediocre.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Young teams growing up, x Celtics impress : Yea, Pud....that's it.  Doc with his long term contract is afraid for his job and he's not concerned about winning a championship.  He just wants a good W-L to prove his coaching skills.  We know a .500 season is good for you, but that's why the owners select Danny and Doc - people who want to WIN vs people who want to be mediocre.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I'm all ears... please explain what you and everyone else knows about me!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Can you imagine if the Celtics had ended up drafting El-Busto Greg Oden?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shine,
    What a picture!  Oden is one of the saddest stories ever in the NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Why do some people spell Shaq 'Shack' and Kobe 'Koby' and the Knicks 'Nicks'??? drives me nuts
    Posted by rameakap

I don't NO!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by shines01

Ainge had already said he was taking Durant

Leading up to the lotto he told Pierce that with Jefferson ready to break out and be a 22-11 player in the paint and Perk a 21-22 year old enforcer/defender type under a cheap contract for 4 years that he was going to draft Durant and not Oden

Then Paul was going to be asked to mentor Durant for at least one season... be the leading scorer and Durant his second fiddle. Ainge would attempt to add 1-2 starter quality vets to the young core by the Feb '08 deadline

If Pierce was not satisfied with the direction of the team by the summer of 2008 Ainge would trade him per his request

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd think the Celtics would have had the upper hand over LA in getting Gasol... unless the NBA really did fix that deal

An offer of a 1st rd pick in the 8-16 range and a future pick ('10) would have been better than LA's 2 picks (which the Grizz knew would be in the 25-30 range)

Ratcliff and Kwame were both expiring contacts

We could have offered Telfair, Gerald Green and either Baby or Gomes... at the time that was equal or better value to fat Marc Gasol stuck over in Spain and Javaris Crittendon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Imagine how many points Pierce-Durant-Al and Gasol would have put up the last 4 years with Rondo dishing to them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by shines01

I'd think the Celtics could have looked into trading for Ray Allen, Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby, and other stars. using the exp contract of Ratcliff after '08 and Wally after '09 and decent draft picks those years

Or we'd have been in position to draft Brook Lopez, Jason Thompson, Speights, Robin Lopez and Roy Hibbert to join Al/Perk/Baby in the frontcourt if we didn't trade the pick

We'd have also been far enough under the cap summer of 2008 to maybe sign Baron Davis... who is buddies with Paul... to start over Rondo for 2 years, then back him up while also playing some SG alongside him

lots of options for Danny... we'd be a crazy fun team right now in the mold of OKC, Memphis, Miami, LAC, Bulls

Sections
Shortcuts