Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Young

Has anyone considered Young may not have played Summer League because he is a trade chip?  Now that LeBron has made his decision we'll find out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Young

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has anyone considered Young may not have played Summer League because he is a trade chip?  Now that LeBron has made his decision we'll find out.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, I said that a few times on here......I also like him and "he reminds me" of a young Calbert Cheaney.  NOT comparing him to anyone, just his body and the fact he's left-handed......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Gotta wait 30 days now since he just signed his rookie contract.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Gotta wait 30 days now since he just signed his rookie contract.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

Young signed?

Right you are;

http://nesn.com/2014/07/celtics-draft-picks-marcus-smart-james-young-officially-sign/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

So much for being a trade chip.

HAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So, Wiggins hasn't signed???

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Can't trade Smaht.

Can't trade Young.

But CAN BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!

Right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Why, is Love or anyone else (like Stephenson) gonna be traded within 30 days?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

So you're reasoning was that the Celtics didn't play Young because he may not perform well, which would lessen his stock in a potential trade?  As opposed to featuring him in Summer league to increase his stock because he hasn't proven anything as a #17 pick?  

Did you consider that Young missed the last five pre-draft workouts and he hasn't even practiced with the team yet?    He hasn't played since the car accident 3+ weeks ago... but regardless of not practicing and lack of conditioning you expect that he should be thrown into Summer league games that mean nothing long term instead of making sure his neck injury is fully healed?  LOL.

Try a different conspiracy theory that makes at least a little sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't trade Smaht.

Can't trade Young.

But CAN BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!

Right?

[/QUOTE]

They'd have to wait 30 days so there's still time for things to happen. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So you're reasoning was that the Celtics didn't play Young because he may not perform well, which would lessen his stock in a potential trade?  As opposed to featuring him in Summer league to increase his stock because he hasn't proven anything as a #17 pick?  

Did you consider that Young missed the last five pre-draft workouts and he hasn't even practiced with the team yet?    He hasn't played since the car accident 3+ weeks ago... but regardless of not practicing and lack of conditioning you expect that he should be thrown into Summer league games that mean nothing long term instead of making sure his neck injury is fully healed?  LOL.

Try a different conspiracy theory that makes at least a little sense.

[/QUOTE]

Verbal agreements happen all the time, well before the ink on the contracts are dry, if that's a conspiracy then call me a loon.  Posters here think the NBA is the only multimillion dollar corporation that isn't utterly corrupt... classic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Young was a stupid pick. It's indicative of how inept team management is.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Young will be a great Eddie house type player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Young Young is a project with upside, but patience 2 to 3 years will be needed.  Thornton if retained will keep him on the bench unless Thornton replaces Avery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Young was a stupid pick. It's indicative of how inept team management is.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[object HTMLDivElement]

A lot of draft boards had him within the area where the Celts drafted him -- a number of them had him going in the lottery.  Are all of these analysts inept too?  (Maybe they are.) How about we give it some time and see if he can play?  Oh yeah, you're the same guy who said the Pats had a terrible draft last year and that Logan Ryan and Harmon were busts before they even put pads on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of draft boards had him within the area where the Celts drafted him -- a number of them had him going in the lottery.  Are all of these analysts inept too?  (Maybe they are.) How about we give it some time and see if he can play?  Oh yeah, you're the same guy who said the Pats had a terrible draft last year and that Logan Ryan and Harmon were busts before they even put pads on. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL, saying he's a bust already is a joke.  The kid was the only one who showed up in the national championship game and just became old enough to drive.  This place is comical.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hard to call Young a stupid or good pick yet.

The guy I wanted was Warren - he went 14.

Nurcic went 16.

Capela would have been okay at 17.  But Harris, Ennis, Adams, Hood, Hairston and Young were all about the same.  Some really like Adams, so we'll see.

McGary may be the best post-15 player -but we have Sully and Oly at that spot.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, saying he's a bust already is a joke.  The kid was the only one who showed up in the national championship game and just became old enough to drive.  This place is comical.

[/QUOTE]

it became more comical when you suggest that Young isn't playing in summer league because of some potential trade.  Again, he hasn't practiced with the team, let alone played, in about a month because of his car accident injury.  What don't you understand about that?  This was a bad joke of a post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Young is a young, athletic, good-sized outside shooter with good character and all the tools to be a successful NBA player.  Ignorance would say he was a bad pick, but time will tell if he was a great pick at 17.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Young is a young, athletic, good-sized outside shooter with good character and all the tools to be a successful NBA player.  Ignorance would say he was a bad pick, but time will tell if he was a great pick at 17.  

[/QUOTE]

Comparing Young to Eddie House?  What is the similarity.  Young is seven inches taller and can dominate.

Sections
Shortcuts