Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics

We always make moves at the deadline, Ill reserve judgement to then.  We currently do not have the depth we have enjoyed in recent years and therefore run the risk of wearing our assets out early.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Garnett to Centre and Green to PF. Green would offer more as a starter than coming off the bench.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Celts not a contender right now.  Still that current lineup seems to just encourage Doc to play Ray, Paul and KG major minutes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Garnett to Centre and Green to PF. Green would offer more as a starter than coming off the bench.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

That will happen in many games

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Positive vibes! To Quote number 5, "Anything is possible!!!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I still have a lot of time for Jeff Green. Played well for the Thunder, perhaps took a backseat to Durrant and Westbrook. Always thought he was on track in regards to his development as a player.

Would hurt his development now to bring him off the bench, even if he's playing 35 minutes a game off the bench. I think playing alongside Garnett will do him a lot of good. And he'll learn and develop more as a player alongside Garnett.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics : KG at C and Green at PF would make the Celts older version of the 2007 Golden State Warriors. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Nobody on the Warriors was as good as KG.  This also worked for Dallas because they had a center who was tall and thin named Chandler.   Miami has even less than this at Center because they depended on Lebron and Wade to carry them.   

The center position could have been a strength for us last year but it wasn't.  This year, we are going to have to play like other teams who did not have a dominant center.....and win!   More positive vibes - C's better than many here are predicting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]We always make moves at the deadline, Ill reserve judgement to then.  We currently do not have the depth we have enjoyed in recent years and therefore run the risk of wearing our assets out early.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I find it interesting that folks were bashing BBD but now someone says we don't have the depth we had in the past.   BBD was our 6th man and now we have Green and Bass.  I like that depth.   Also, I like Wilcox as well as I liked the complete lack of a center last year (JON, SHaq out, Semih traded, Perk traded.....so how exactly were we stronger at center last year??).   

I think this team's bench is stronger than last year's bench with the exception of BBD and Delonte (and Delonte was hurt so much that he didn't help a lot).

Still no stars on that bench and still older players starting, but at least the bench is better than last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celts look like a 35 win team(with 66 games).  I hope I am wrong.

I am surprised Danny did not go harder. I still think there is a chance he is not done.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts look like a 35 win team(with 66 games).  I hope I am wrong. I am surprised Danny did not go harder. I still think there is a chance he is not done.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Danny is not done.  That said, I would rather a 35 win season with everyone rested for the playoffs than 45 wins with a fatigued team

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Jeff Green and Dooling, your time is now

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Looks like the Knicks (and possibly Pacers) may leapfrog the Celts and the Clipps could do the same to the Lakers. Meanwhile the Mavs & Heat are still able to make some improvements with Delonte, Odom, Battier, et al...what a weird year so far!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I Like this years team..no doubt...Finally we have two fighters in our team (Wilcox & Bass). That is some toughness that we lacked last year.. Is up to Doc to give some playing time and boost some confidence in the bench..Docs weakness though.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts