Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics

In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics:
    In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics : Ha Ha That's really funny, Kirk, considering how many Laker trolls I took out on this board this year alone. Rebounding you say? Brandon Bass' career high in rebounding is 5.6 rpg. Glen Davis 5.4 rpg last season. Did we really get better in the rebounding department?
    Posted by Fiercest34

you may be right, but going into this season the core are arguably as healthy as they have ever been since they have been here, and they added some high energy guys off the bench..i have alot of confidence in the signings that danny has made, espescially bass and dooling, they may mean alot to us come playoff time. Dooling's ball pressure would be extremely helpful vs a team like the knicks or heat, and even though bass' rebounding numbers arent much of an upgrade over BBD, he just seems like a more energetic player and the man is built, like freakin GRONK built

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics : JO and Garnett are our starters. What is wrong with you?
    Posted by Kirk6

Exactly

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

its a sprained ankle, last time rondo was playing, his elbow was outside of his arm...and even though this probobaly means absolutely nothing, JON is healthier, and even though he sucks, he is tall enough to get some rebounds and cheap 2nd chance points for us.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kirk,
    We will see if this existing roster is better.  I am pretty sure it is not. The players are older, none of the additions are game changers and we know that teams that go deep in the playoffs for years as we have suffer greater fatigue. Look at the Bird era and how they all just petered out.  We needed to make some bold moves like we did in 2007.  If we don't, in a much more competitive conference we won't come out better.  The Lakers won't either.

If however Danny is not done then it is a different story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics : Nobody on the Warriors was as old as KG either.  Tyson Chandler is just 29 years old. KG was no match for either Bosh or Joel Anthony in last season's playoffs. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

You must have watched a different series than me.  KG vs Bosh was a standoff.  Anthony didn't play against KG and visa versa.  Our issue was Wade and Lebron + our "center by committee".  Let's not rewrite history and try to blame the Miami series on KG just to make your point.   KG played fine.  Not great, but fine.  Paul and Ray didn't come through defensively, we didn't get the advantage at PG we thought we'd get, and our centers failed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics : Bosh is the biggest pus..y on the planet.
    Posted by Kirk6

Exactly.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Not a bad team, I would wish for a provern younger center and I would have loved to have either Richard or Delonte, but they are gone and we are left without a true sub for Ray Allen.  But we are not bad, just not good enough to defeat on a regular basis NY, Heat, and Bulls, or am I underestimating the big three?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing how you change your argument from Bosh played so much better than KG and that's why we lost to KG didn't play like Larry Bird.  Go check Bird's stats against Milwaukee when we got swept.  Everyone has a bad series sometimes.  But, while KG didn't carry the team, he didn't lose the series for us.  Wade and Lebron just killed us along with their center position outrebounding ours.   

Facts:  KG averaged 14.4 points per game in that series and Bosh averaged 12.8.  It was a wash.  In the meantime, they out rebounded our center position EVERY NIGHT and Wade and Lebron scored 28 to 38 points every night.  

Now - let's stop being biased here.  KG didn't play great but he did not lose the series for us.  Our centers got KILLED and our guards got killed and our small forward position got outplayed (although not as bad as the shooting guard position).  

Stop trying to pick on individual words.  As I said, "Not great, but fine".  The issue was elsewhere.  Ray and Paul didn't come through defensively, out PG position was not the advantage we thought it would be and our centers got killed.  Which park of the last sentence do you think is wrong.....as opposed to picking on wording?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Not a bad team, I would wish for a provern younger center and I would have loved to have either Richard or Delonte, but they are gone and we are left without a true sub for Ray Allen.  But we are not bad, just not good enough to defeat on a regular basis NY, Heat, and Bulls, or am I underestimating the big three?
    Posted by maryngary

Well said.  Our big 3 will play very well, but they will be rubber legged at times and their only chance is to have lots of rest.  The key is whether or not our bench steps up better than last year and if we can go without injury.   

Only time will tell, but I think we will be a step behind the Heat, Bulls, and perhaps NY, as well.  We will give them a run for the money and do better than last year, I believe, however.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

In Response to Your 2011-12 Boston Celtics:
    C - JO PF - KG SF - Pierce SG - Ray PG - Rondo 6th - Jeff Green 7th - Bass 8th - Dooling 9th - Daniels 10th - Wilcox 11th - Pavlovic 12th - Jajuan Johnson 13th - Moore 14th - Bradley 15th - that Center from the D-League
    Posted by Fiercest34

I saw a similar post on ESPN BOSTON and it said that Bradley was Ray Allen's official back-up. I guess Doc is gonna start trusting him more, he has some good D but we'll see how he does in real games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I believe that the 2011-12 Biston Celtics are very different from the 2010-11 Celtics.  As a result, they will match up better with some teams and worse with others.

Better Matchups:  Heat, Bulls, Other teams with weaker low post presence.

Worse matchups: Orlando, Knicks, Others teams with strong low post presence.

What I like about this team:
    1)  Younger.  Means less injuries.  Means more consistent rotation.
    2)  More Athletic. Means a more running style of play.

What I worry about:
    1)  Backup 1 and 2.

What I am hoping for:
    1)  More maturity in Rondo's game (better shooting).
    2)  Minutes for JJJ.
    3)  Doc learns something from Rick Carlyle and plays a deep rotation consistently.

Swaps I like:
    1)  Wilcox for BBD at 5.
    2)  JJJ at 4 & 5.

Crazy thoughts:  Some time I want to see a lineup of JJJ, KG, Green, Paul and Rondo.  Wonder how that will work.

Expectations:
    1)  #5 seed in Eastern Conference Playoffs.
    2)  A trip to the Eastern Conference finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

A good writeup here.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/13/2632442/underrating-the-2011-offseason-acquisitions-101

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Excellent posts, Prakash.  Too much negativity around here.  We may not be the favorites of the media, but this team is better than last year's and if our starters get some rest (especially KG), we will do well in the playoffs.  

Sections
Shortcuts