Your Celtics 2014 top 10 picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Your Celtics 2014 top 10 picks

In response to billge's comment

could we space out those names a little more?  almost too much to take in all at once.

+1,000,000

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Exum is overated,Capela is short? How much French and Australian pro ball do people watch?

I've seen about 3 different highlight 2 minute clips on each. Neither would grant me license to conclude my own scouting report never less talk smack about someone else comments.

Moving on Parker is no Melo. Melo won a championship not fold in the second game. Parker,Wiggins et al aren't going to good as the Melo,James & Wade draft. Maybe it's me but when I saw Lebron in the McDonalds game you knew he was special,same with Melo same with Wade when you saw them at Marquette and Cuse. Parker he's nice, Wiggins flashes, Embiid has some resemblance to the Dream @ Houston not as good as.

The draft has always been an educated guess at best. I heard Hill and Mashburn mentioned those guys were great players BUT they got serious injuries that changed the path of their pro destinies. Bobby Hurley remember him  he got in a car wreck after the draft. Len Bias need I say more.  Talking draft is great off season stuff but the guy that you thought was going to be the Next MJ might be the next David Hopkins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cleanthony Early is hard to pass on though. I'd take him over Napier. Gordon and Early are neck and neck as the second best small forwards behind Parker in the draft to me. Early has the better all-around game. Gordon has the better rebounding and defense.

[/QUOTE]

At 23 yo, it's easy to pass on him with a cap on his upside ....

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/04/prospect-profile-cleanthony.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/04/prospect-profile-cleanthony.html

[/QUOTE]

True

I think he can be James Posey 2.0, and very quickly, an 11-14 point 5-6 rebound SF who actively defends and can help a contender this year. He'd be great for a team like the Bulls or Grizz.

But unlike Gordon he is not turning into Shawn Marion or AK47 with 2-3 years development. I'd take him 18-24 but not in the lotto. Same as McDermott.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

At the very worst, I'd be happy with an ALL MASSACHUSETTS DRAFT of Vonleh (Haverhill) and Napier (Groton).

Napier can replace Bayless as the back up combo guard so he can fill in for Rondo or Bradley playing alongside Rondo or Pressey.

[/QUOTE]

Why replace Bayless with Napier when getting rid of Pressey provides PG backup and better D? Bayless can score in bunches, if nothing else, and getting scoring off the bench has been a problem for a while. Pressey is the most easily replaceable piece on the current team.  The only advantage of a Bayless replacement is salary.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Parker's already better than Melo lol

Ok.how ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Speaking of Early and Napier, I haven't watched a ton of college ball outside of the tournament, both Napier and Early impressed me more than anybody. I am impressed by Embiids raw skill set but actual play now, from what I've seen, Napier and Early have shown me the most. Early reminds me of a better shooting WS alumni X man and Napier has the same mentality swagger as PP.  I didn't know Vonleh was from Haverhill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of Early and Napier, I haven't watched a ton of college ball outside of the tournament, both Napier and Early impressed me more than anybody. I am impressed by Embiids raw skill set but actual play now, from what I've seen, Napier and Early have shown me the most. Early reminds me of a better shooting WS alumni X man and Napier has the same mentality swagger as PP.  I didn't know Vonleh was from Haverhill

[/QUOTE]

Michael Carter-Williams is from Mass. as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Can Capela play or is he another Disco Euro big man cause we already got one?