You're starting a Team. Who is your PG?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: You're starting a Team. Who is your PG?

In response to red2004sox's comment:

For as bad a shooter everyone says Rondo is .498 is pretty damn good and is second on that list.  Some of you guys are foolish.

he only takes layups so you hope he shoots 1 out of 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

It amazes me how quick many are to dump on Rondo.  No one on that list balls better than Rondo in the playoffs.  Westbrook gives and then he takes away.  What did Paul do for his team last year? Parker's team got steamrolled by OKC.  

Only rondo, once again, stood on the same court as Lebron and was the best player on the floor for as many games in that series as Lebon or anyone else was. If the reffs call Wades chop to Rondos head a foul in game two, that series would have been done after 5 games, and Rondo once again would have outplayed Lebron in a head to head series, as he has done in the past.  Give me Rondo.  The grass isn't as green as others seem to think it is elsewhere.

now THIS IS SOME GOOD FACT-CRAFTING!!!  nobody balls like rondo in the playoffs?!  14.5pt, 9.2 dimes, 44% FG, 27% 3PT FG, 64% FT

you know what, you're right, nobody DOES ball like that in the playoffs.  64% FT for an 'elite' point guard is unheard of.  14.5 pts/gm is ....  underwhelming

just look at his career playoff stats, don't take my word for it

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

he only takes layups so you hope he shoots 1 out of 2

acie, rondo's improving from 3 pt range, but is still lacking. however, in 89 attempts from 16-23 ft he's tied w/ irving as the leader amongst PGs. as such, you don't get to make above statement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

now THIS IS SOME GOOD FACT-CRAFTING!!!  nobody balls like rondo in the playoffs?!  14.5pt, 9.2 dimes, 44% FG, 27% 3PT FG, 64% FT

you know what, you're right, nobody DOES ball like that in the playoffs.  64% FT for an 'elite' point guard is unheard of.  14.5 pts/gm is ....  underwhelming

i notice you left out rebounds and steals. why should that be? the answer is obviously because rondo leads paul, westbrook and parker in playoff per game rebounds and trails only paul in playoff per game steals and to include those stats is to detract from your premise.

i'm fine with free speech, acie, as long as it's valid. what you're stating in your previous two posts is not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to passfirst's comment:

It amazes me how quick many are to dump on Rondo.  No one on that list balls better than Rondo in the playoffs.  Westbrook gives and then he takes away.  What did Paul do for his team last year? Parker's team got steamrolled by OKC.  

Only rondo, once again, stood on the same court as Lebron and was the best player on the floor for as many games in that series as Lebon or anyone else was. If the reffs call Wades chop to Rondos head a foul in game two, that series would have been done after 5 games, and Rondo once again would have outplayed Lebron in a head to head series, as he has done in the past.  Give me Rondo.  The grass isn't as green as others seem to think it is elsewhere.

just look at his career playoff stats, don't take my word for it

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

His freethrow shooting is a discrace, flat out discrace, but.....

you left off rebounding and triple doubles

His playoff numbers for the last four years straight are 16 ppg, 10.5 apg, 6.85 rpg.  That's 1.65 more rebounds, .4 more assists, and 4.5 less points than CP3 however, Rondo has 10 career playoff triple doubles and CP3 has 2 (also three more than Lebron James).  

Anyway we slice it, Rondo is one of the all time great playoff performers, so far.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

That would be the least of my worries. The other 4 positions would be my primary concern. Do a great job with those positions and the point guard can be pretty much irrelevent.

Seems 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

1. Kyrie Irving 2. Cp3 3. Russell Westbrook 4. Rondo.

the disrespect some of you throw at Rondo is crazy..you seriously act like hes the worst player of all time. 

Acie repeatedly calls out his ft shooting which everyone knows is bad, but always leaves out stats that will hurt his argument. Because across the board, everyone knows Rondo is BIG TIME when it matters most, the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Derrick Rose when he gets healthy, Paul, Irving, Parker, Westbrook, Lillard, Curry!!  Rondo somewhere in the next group, with Holiday and Lawson Kidd and Nash!!

C'mon you know he is your first group, be real here. Not saying he is the best but in the first group. 

seriously!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Acie's commentary and opinions are about as strong as the real Acies playing career.  The key also you leave out acie is that Rondo is trending up each year.  Not down, still up.  Who has more triple doubles in the playoffs out of any player in the last 3 years?  Who leads in assists the last 3 years?  Who has more steals for a point guard in the playoffs the last three years?  What guard has more rebounds total and average in the playoffs the last 3 years?  So don't go blowing stupid when in comes to Rondo and the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i notice you left out rebounds and steals. why should that be? the answer is obviously because rondo leads paul, westbrook and parker in playoff per game rebounds and trails only paul in playoff per game steals and to include those stats is to detract from your premise.

i'm fine with free speech, acie, as long as it's valid. what you're stating in your previous two posts is not.

so he gets 5 rebs a game and 2 steals a game.  the rebs are nice and the steals are awful.  constant gambling.  that lets his man loose for steaming-down-the-lane wholesome goodness for attacking the rim or dishing to whoever's man's man who came to switch.  this is not greatness.  despite his superior quickness to move his feet laterally, any given night rondo manages to be anywhere from horrendous on defense (most nights) above average (only once in a while).

what i find disgusting about him is that if he had any mental discipline he'd be a top 3 point guard in the league.  and i don't care if he never made a 3 pointer in his life in doing so.  he wouldn't have to.  eventually, later in his career, he'd take and make some.

but rondo has followed a trajectory of NON development par none.  those who say "magic stank at shooting when he came into the league" ....  by year 2 magic was high 70's % free throws and never looked back.  tony parker- same claim made- by year 2, parker was over 70% FT's and never looked back and only got better- and was never, but for a brief period of time (NOT SEVEN YEARS AND COUNTING) a liability in the half court offense that allowed his man to sag off and/or rendered him useless (not a threat) once he passed the ball to someone else

as you notice today, right now, rondo will pass the ball in our offense, when time gets tight, but he never cuts away from the ball or cuts down the lane.  he stands still like a statue, so he can get the ball back again.  you see, if he does it like that, then he can avoid becoming teats on a boar and having to "hiding in the corner"....

but he dominates the rock and our offense is so stagnant.  none of this is necessary really.  rondo's FTA's this year are lower than ever.  he simply does not want to draw contact on drives.  and so he doesn't.  your good point guards mix up passing with driving with shooting.  so far, rondo only has one of those three things that he does consistently in SEVEN YEARS in the league

Sections
Shortcuts