Curry            21 - 7  (fourth year)

Irving           23 - 6  (second year)

Lilliard          19 - 6  (rookie)

Parker          20 - 8

Paul             18 - 10

Rondo          13 - 12 

Westbrook   22 - 9

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: You're starting a Team. Who is your PG?

In response to Eldunker's comment:

PPG  APG  (rounded up)

Parker          20 - 8

Paul             18 - 10

Rondo          13 - 12 

Westbrook   22 - 9

ABR= anybody but rondo

go through that list you have- other than rondo, how many of them can't / more importantly WON'T shoot ANYTHING from the outside to become a consistent threat and hence a true triple threat (i know, horribly arcane fundamentals here- SHOOT, pass, dribble) player that is the best for their team?  the answer will be NOBODY but rondo can't shoot on that list

second question- who on that list shoots free throws in the 50% for their careers?  60%?  even LOW 70%'s?  try 75% and up being the standard for point guard FT accuracy.  rondo has to improve his accuracy TWENTY FIVE PERCENT, or more, before he is in line to be an elite guard in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

parker 82.9% FT  NOT a 3PT shooter but 41.2% this year & NOT a liabiltiy from 15-17 feet

curry 89.5% FT  45.6% 3PT

Irving 82.0% FT    40.4% 3PT

Paul 89.3% FT   32.1% 3 PT   (35.8% career 3PT)

Lillard 84.4% FT   35.9% 3 PT

Westbrook 79.0%  36.7% 3 PT

=============================

Precious Rajon  62.9% FT, 61.9% CAREER FT%, 27.3% 3 PT, 24.1% CAREER 3PT why bother with those at those %ages

Let's play that old sesame street game = which one of these things is not like the other?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Aciemvp, some people think Curry is the best shooter in the NBA now.  What do you or anyone else think?

Also, most people know his dad was the shooting great: Dell Curry.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

Aciemvp, some people think Curry is the best shooter in the NBA now.  What do you or anyone else think?

i really have not seen much of curry- i don't get to see a lot of west coast ball.  i do know from looking at the stats, that it surely looks like golden state decided to keep the RIGHT MAN when they decided to move monta ellis who is stinking it up in milwaukee.

i hope that curry stays healthy so we can really see a contiguous dossier of work from him.  he seems to have explosive potential.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

PPG  APG  (rounded up)

Parker          20 - 8

Paul             18 - 10

Rondo          13 - 12 

Westbrook   22 - 9

Aren't you going to consider jersey sales, AS ballot returns and locker room intangibles?

If so.... I got to go with R9R... by a mile!

And he's only going to get better.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I may go with Irving myself.  I know he has done nothing yet but he is a stud.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Derrick Rose when he gets healthy, Paul, Irving, Parker, Westbrook, Lillard, Curry!!  Rondo somewhere in the next group, with Holiday and Lawson Kidd and Nash!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

i really have not seen much of curry- i don't get to see a lot of west coast ball.  i do know from looking at the stats, that it surely looks like golden state decided to keep the RIGHT MAN when they decided to move monta ellis who is stinking it up in milwaukee.

i hope that curry stays healthy so we can really see a contiguous dossier of work from him.  he seems to have explosive potential.

Check out Acie, not only bringing the stats but plopping the big dictionary on the table w/ a heavy thud! Da man...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Derrick Rose when he gets healthy, Paul, Irving, Parker, Westbrook, Lillard, Curry!!  Rondo somewhere in the next group, with Holiday and Lawson Kidd and Nash!!

C'mon you know he is your first group, be real here. Not saying he is the best but in the first group. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

C'mon you know he is your first group, be real here. Not saying he is the best but in the first group. 

He may be in your first group, but he's not in mine!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

He may be in your first group, but he's not in mine!!

Agreed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Irving --> Westbrook --> Rondo 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

You're starting a Team. Who is your PG?

i've already got a team and a pg. but thanks.

this is what happens when posters who don't really know are subjected to endless blowhard rants by certain windbags and a few idiots on a board that is not moderated and leaves the inmates to run the asylum. i don't really know either, but there are glimmers here and there that keep me hopeful the rondo celtics will be fine by springtime. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

this is what happens when posters who don't really know are subjected to endless blowhard rants by certain windbags and a few idiots on a board that is not moderated and leaves the inmates to run the asylum. i don't know either, but there are glimmers here and there that keep me hopeful the rondo celtics will be fine. 

Oh. I'm sooo sorry for not starting a thread that proclaims Rondo the BEST OF ALL TIME and anybody who doesn't believe that is stupid.  You are just demonstrating your ignorance and intolerance.  Get a grip. This is just a poll, without expressing any opinion other than facilitating a discussion of PG preferences of the leading players in the league.  You are the equivilent of a suppressive internal TROLL.  Just say you love Rondo and STFU.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

nate archibald....in his prime.

Statistics leaders

CategoryPlayerTeamStat Points per game Nate Archibald Kansas City-Omaha Kings 34.0 Rebounds per game Wilt Chamberlain Los Angeles Lakers 18.6 Assists per game Nate Archibald Kansas City-Omaha Kings 11.4 FG% Wilt Chamberlain Los Angeles Lakers .727 FT% Rick Barry Golden State Warriors .902

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I have a soft spot for Curry, very nice game if only he could stay healthy. Fingers crossed.

But to start a franchise with you have to go with CP3. Parker is next in line. He's as good as they come just like Duncan but they always seem to get ignored in polls.

I've said it before, Rondo is a very, very good player but he can't carry a team. I don't know what would happen to Golden State if we replaced Curry (the healthy one) with Rondo, somehow I believe they wouldn't be top 5 in the wild wild west. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yeah agree. We could really use a PG with an outside shot that could consistently get us 20+PPG like the other elite PGs listed.

Rondo is also leading all PGs in turnovers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think Irving is who Id build around... Remember its to start a team...so Id look first to the young guys...  lots of talent there but I see Irving like a Magic Johnson in many ways.. hes also clutch for the Cavs...even tho his teams stinks

He can shoot, drive, pass n defend and seems so much more mature than his age and a real leader.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Yeah agree. We could really use a PG with an outside shot that could consistently get us 20+PPG like the other elite PGs listed. Rondo is also leading all PGs in turnovers.

he's also got a better assist/turnover ratio than all but paul and parker. he also rebounds better than any of these players except westbrook. he shoots better from 16-23 ft than all of these players excepting irving, who he's tied with. 

elDunker, if you didn't care for my earlier post you can know you weren't supposed to. it's not that i think rondo's the greatest of all time or that i love him, it's more that he's the pg for my favorite team and i'm pleased with that. i deal in reality as opposed to fantasy trades and polls. i think rondo deserves much better than he gets from this board. you and some others here go to exagerated lengths (see italics) to zhyte on the guy at every opportunity and i think that's fugged up.

i'm no troll but, yeah, i do see plenty of crap in this forum i'd like to suppress. next time it gets piled too high for my liking, i'll have some more to say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Yeah agree. We could really use a PG with an outside shot that could consistently get us 20+PPG like the other elite PGs listed. Rondo is also leading all PGs in turnovers.

he's also got a better assist/turnover ratio than all but paul and parker. he also rebounds better than any of these players except westbrook. he shoots better from 16-23 ft than all of these players excepting irving, who he's tied with. 

elDunker, if you didn't care for my earlier post you can know you weren't supposed to. it's not that i think rondo's the greatest of all time or that i love him, it's more that he's the pg for my favorite team and i'm pleased with that. i deal in reality as opposed to fantasy trades and polls. i think rondo deserves much better than he gets from this board. you and some others here go to exagerated lengths (see italics) to zhyte on the guy at every opportunity and i think that's fugged up.

i'm no troll but, yeah, i do see plenty of crap in this forum i'd like to suppress. next time it gets piled too high for my liking, i'll have some more to say.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

i'm no troll but, yeah, i do see plenty of crap in this forum i'd like to suppress. next time it gets piled too high for my liking, i'll have some more to say.

It amazes me how quick many are to dump on Rondo.  No one on that list balls better than Rondo in the playoffs.  Westbrook gives and then he takes away.  What did Paul do for his team last year? Parker's team got steamrolled by OKC.  

Only rondo, once again, stood on the same court as Lebron and was the best player on the floor for as many games in that series as Lebon or anyone else was. If the reffs call Wades chop to Rondos head a foul in game two, that series would have been done after 5 games, and Rondo once again would have outplayed Lebron in a head to head series, as he has done in the past.  Give me Rondo.  The grass isn't as green as others seem to think it is elsewhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

It amazes me how quick many are to dump on Rondo.  No one on that list balls better than Rondo in the playoffs.  Westbrook gives and then he takes away.  What did Paul do for his team last year? Parker's team got steamrolled by OKC.  

Only rondo, once again, stood on the same court as Lebron and was the best player on the floor for as many games in that series as Lebon or anyone else was. If the reffs call Wades chop to Rondos head a foul in game two, that series would have been done after 5 games, and Rondo once again would have outplayed Lebron in a head to head series, as he has done in the past.  Give me Rondo.  The grass isn't as green as others seem to think it is elsewhere.

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

For as bad a shooter everyone says Rondo is .498 is pretty damn good and is second on that list.  Some of you guys are foolish.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this is what happens when posters who don't really know are subjected to endless blowhard rants by certain windbags and a few idiots on a board that is not moderated and leaves the inmates to run the asylum. i don't really know either, but there are glimmers here and there that keep me hopeful the rondo celtics will be fine by springtime. 

i see you're not a fan of free speech.  you fit in with the times!  we need a stimulus package of moderator interventions here!

Sections
Shortcuts