Zero Rebounds for JON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Zero Rebounds for JON

How can a guy 6-11 and 255 lbs get zero rebounds in twenty minutes of action against the Bulls? What a collosal bust!!! Oh Danny boy, what were you thinking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Zero Rebounds for JON

Take away his 12 pts and the Celtics would have lost.

There is no perfect game in basketball. A win is a win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Rasheed wasn't a good rebounder either.  But I do agree that he definitely should be a good rebounder considering his height. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

You also have to consider what kind of defensive sets the Celts were in.  Jermaine did not spend a lot of time near the basket.  As P34 noted, he had twelve points (on five of six shooting).  He also had an assist and a blocked shot.  I'll gladly take that line in nineteen and a half minutes of play.  Obviously, O'Neal's knee is still hurting.  Did you notice he didn't even jump at the opening tip?  IMO he's making great strides, and if he can get healthy, he will be making big contributions toward an eighteenth banner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

IMO Jermaine has been playing fairly well since his return about 3 games ago. He didn't rebound tonight, but he was scoring. He rebounded in some of the other games pretty well.
        He's far from a bust. I think he will continue to improve as the season progresses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

He's a stiff. Arrrggghhh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Zero Rebounds for JON:
    [QUOTE] How can a guy 6-11 and 255 lbs get zero rebounds in twenty minutes of action against the Bulls? What a collosal bust!!! Oh Danny boy, what were you thinking?
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

dude....it's a testimony to his .....uh...."unselfishness"...on the glass.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtool. Show oldtool's posts

In Response to Re: Zero Rebounds for JON:
    [QUOTE]He's a stiff. Arrrggghhh!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Theo Ratcliff, I agree

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

JON is nursing a number of injuries and isn't in 100% playing condition. He also hasn't fully learned the offensive and defensive plays of the team. Otherwise, Doc Rivers would be giving him major minutes each game. Give him some time to heal and learn before concluding that he's a total bust. Remember that the team could not pursue marquee free agents because of salary cap limitations. Was there a better big man (Shaq excluded) who agreed to play for the Celtics for the same money? I didn't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I watched most of the game; he played a good game on both ends of the floor, I was very encouraged he took his shot and made it, played good man defense, blocked a shot, in all of 19 minutes... I'm a huge believer in rebounding but he only played 19 minutes. Baby only had 3 boards in almost 40 minutes, does that mean he also had a bad game? I will say this, Noah and his 12 boards, 26 points, strange shot, energy and smarts has become a really good NBA player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Noah was impressive.  The ugliest shot I've ever seen though.  No one could have taught him that shooting form.  He must have driven some coaches crazy.  But it works for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think Jon has been getting better each game.  Just not in top shape yet and not getting any calls.  BTW the great Chris Bosh the great Power forward for the Heat garnered a whole ONE rebound last night.  JON will be fine as long as he doesn't get injured.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON is improving and contributing when he gets healthy he should be even more of a factor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Noah was impressive.  The ugliest shot I've ever seen though.  No one could have taught him that shooting form.  He must have driven some coaches crazy.  But it works for him.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

He is a very good player.  One of the best rebounders in the league. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i hope JON is just injured and will actually get healthy and  improve, but I remember also his poor performance against Celtics in last seasons playoff with Miami.  a player with a one time injury that heals is one thing; chronically injured bust is another. JON really concerns me. I wish Danny had drafted Blair from Pittsburgh instead of wasting the first round pick on Lester Hudson. No boards, no rings. Rebounding is what killed the Celtics in the finals last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]JON is improving and contributing when he gets healthy he should be even more of a factor.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Jermaine O'Neal is made of glass. And you paid this bum $6 million.yr! LMAO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

JON has done more in the early part of the season than Rasheed did.  And I really doubt the C's were looking for him to do anything other than play 20 mins.  a game.  He's blocked some shots, hit some shots and plyed some pretty good D for a guy new to the system.  I don't get how anybody can complain about having him on the roster.  The guy looks like he will be a big help to me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Time to grow up. If JON was a featured guy that would be bad, but he's just a piece in the puzzle and he has contributed to some wins, blocking shots and doing some good things. This is not fantasy basketball, this is your 2010 Celtics and JON is not a bad guy to have coming off the bench which is what his role will be when it matters. Stressing out over some guy that Ainge neglected to sign when your team is clearly one of the best in the East? Save your vitriol for a year or two when our vets can't play anymore....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE] i hope JON is just injured and will actually get healthy and  improve, but I remember also his poor performance against Celtics in last seasons playoff with Miami.  a player with a one time injury that heals is one thing; chronically injured bust is another. JON really concerns me. I wish Danny had drafted Blair from Pittsburgh instead of wasting the first round pick on Lester Hudson. No boards, no rings. Rebounding is what killed the Celtics in the finals last year.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I thought Hudson was a late 2nd rounder?  And to be fair to JON, that Miami team had bigger problems than him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JO's overall play seems to be getting more lively and his shot is coming around. At least its some improvement even though he pulled zero rebs last night. 

Hopefully he puts it together as time goes by, we're gonna need him with Shaq likely to be in/out all season/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Give the man a break! Geez!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nine rebounds, two blocks and a steal in nine and a half minutes tonight, bramrok.  Where's the love?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Nine rebounds, two blocks and a steal in nine and a half minutes tonight, bramrock.  Where's the love?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Careful, he might get back at you and tell you that tonight Zero Turnovers for JON.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Zero Rebounds for JON : Careful, he might get back at you and tell you that tonight Zero Turnovers for JON.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Wink

Sections
Shortcuts