ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics:
    [QUOTE]Sigh, I try to stay out of these things....
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Please try harder in the future.
    Your spelling and grammar is much better than all the other trolls but you really don't add anything new or different.
    Just another "BC sucks" poster 24/7

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics:[QUOTE]Sigh, I try to stay out of these things but the sense of false entitlement among some BC fans is too much.   I don't think your basketball team has ever won a conference championship, other than one Big East tournament.  Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

BC and Uconn were in the Big east together from 1979-2005. BC basketball won 5 regular season Big East championships (some of them were shared as were some of UConn's) and 2 Big East tournaments championships.

Could you cite were ACC fans and original members are writing or saying it was bad for expansion ? Do you have some links I'd like to read them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]..  You've never won a championship in men's soccer....
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Three Big East Tournament Titles
    One ACC Tournament Title
    One ACC regular season title

I love the bac10's the worlds. You can boil down their arguments to one of the following:

1. You should not be a fan of BC
    2. I am not a fan of BC, therefore you should not be a fan of BC
    3. BC has never won a national title, therefore you should not be a fan of BC

Most of the bac10's of the world aren't actually fans of any college program, which makes their petulant whining even more annoying.

Tell you what bac10, you go on being a fan of whatever program you follow. I would be glad to put BC up against in in all sports over the past 100 years or so. We will continue to be fans of BC.

I suspect that you aren't a fan of whatever school you went to  and it just annoys you that BC folks take pride in and enjoy BC athletics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : calling BC "average" is too kind....  Yes Eagle this is one year's worth of data but the most important one year is the CURRENT.  Again the talent is terrible and the future looks pretty dismal for BC besides the rare upset like FSU which has also lost to Princeton,Harvard and of course Uconn.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

So, have you already backed off of yet another idiotic statement where you claimed that all ACC teams look to BC as an automatic win?

Do you think the #15 FSU Men's BB team views BC as an automatic win??

You know, the BC Men's BB team has a long way to go in rebuilding itself. However, I will take this unheralded bunch of Freshmen overachievers on this CURRENT BC team over that overrated and underachieving group of so-called stars on the CURRENT Uconn Men's BB team.

At least the BC BB program has not become an embarrassment to the University.  Can you say the same for the Uconn Men's BB program?

I am sure the Uconn faculty, trustees, and alumni must love waking up to articles like this.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AoIdBt_RnDSoQw.vYNoyq1PevbYF?slug=pf-forde_uconn_ncaa_tourney_ban_calhoun_silent_020812

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]Careful there 78,  Junior might bite your leg. BDC's stupidest contributor ever is  "winning".   LOL!  He's a tremendous ambassador for the University of Connecticut.  Really, just stupendous.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

LOL, Slim.  He really is amusing, isn't he?

Funny, the meaning of my comments regarding the current BC BB team vs. the Uconn men's BB team went right over his head.

Neither the BC or the Uconn Men's BB team is likely to make the NCAA's this year, barring some sort of miracle run in their respective conference tourneys.  Given that fact, I would rather watch a bunch of overachieving Freshmen vs. an underachieving group of so-called stars. The underachievers continue to disappoint their fans. The overachievers give their fans a reason for hope in the future, last night's game being a prime example. (BTW, don't you just love the rationale of the bashers. If BC loses, just another example that they are bad. If BC wins, well then, the other team just looked beyond them. Either way, they have their talking points down pat.)

I am also not surprised that he didn't comment on the dismal academic performance or the NCAA violations of their Men's BB program the past few years as illustrated in the attached article (much easier to win national championships when you don't have to worry about those pesky academic requirements or the recruiting rules like all of the other schools).

As BC fans, we have not had to worry about our programs being considered "Exhibit A" in schools not getting their academic priorities straight. That fact went right over is head as well.

As I said, it is all so amusing.  LOL 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics :   You lost all credibility Eagle with that moronic statement so I didn't even read your epistle.  You are on par with Slim which is similar to a "dumbest of the dumb" group.  You two should really meet offline. As for academics, I have answered this on the Uconn forum.  If you need help reading it, let Slim know as he is verbose yet stupid but maybe he can help.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

LOL.....That's OK, Donnnn.  I wouldn't have expected you to read my response.  That's why I responded to Slim.  I certainly understand how the subject of academic balance in collegiate sports is beyond the reach of many Uconn fans. Understandable, given the track record of your Men's BB program.

Come to think of it (paraphrasing a well-known saying), my talking to you about the importance of academics, or the joy in rooting for an unheralded underdog, is like trying to teach physics to my yellow lab.  It would be a fruitless exercise and it would only end up annoying my lab.

Cheers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Well spoken Eagle 78.  Its useless "communicating" with Donnn.  A conversation with a human being of average intelligence results in points made and acknowledgement of counter points made by your debating opponent, when they are valid.  Donnn is not physically capable of that. With Donnn, each one of his posts is made in a vacuum without an understanding of another person's thoughts, or the hypocrisy and overall incoherence of his "points" when taken together. 

If I had to wager a guess, I would believe his irrational hatred of BC is due to a thin envelope he received years ago.  Probably based on the lack of his work effort combined with his low intelligence.  He posts so many irrational posts during all hours, he is either 1. unemployed, or 2. shaming at work when he should be flipping burgers.  I'm sure Donnn will respond and tell me how dumb I am lol.

But I enjoy listening to Donnn, it reminds of me of why I am proud of BC and BC alumni, and why there is such a different with some UConn alums (Note to other UConn alums who read this:  I am not attacking UConn as a whole, I have a strong respect for some UConn alums, just not this one).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : LOL.....That's OK, Donnnn.  I wouldn't have expected you to read my response.  That's why I responded to Slim.  I certainly understand how the subject of academic balance in collegiate sports is beyond the reach of many Uconn fans. Understandable, given the track record of your Men's BB program. Come to think of it (paraphrasing a well-known saying), my talking to you about the importance of academics, or the joy in rooting for an unheralded underdog, is like trying to teach physics to my yellow lab.  It would be a fruitless exercise and it would only end up annoying my lab. Cheers.
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

Easy "use" 1948 & 1978 Townies' boys are getting mighty ballszie with all this academics hoop la la talk after the FSU river dance ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Donnn never reads further than one sentence deep in any post, and nuance is completely wasted on him.  I haven't figured out why he's so angry all the time, but I guess it's better to let him vent here than out in the real world.   If you guys would stop quoting him those of us who have him on ignore would be thrilled.  There's really nothing behind the hot air.  If you've seen one of his rants you've seen them all.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Funny I was thinking your rants probably ditto 78, as you don't need to attend every argument your invited to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]Well spoken Eagle 78.  Its useless "communicating" with Donnn.  A conversation with a human being of average intelligence results in points made and acknowledgement of counter points made by your debating opponent, when they are valid.  Donnn is not physically capable of that. With Donnn, each one of his posts is made in a vacuum without an understanding of another person's thoughts, or the hypocrisy and overall incoherence of his "points" when taken together.  If I had to wager a guess, I would believe his irrational hatred of BC is due to a thin envelope he received years ago.  Probably based on the lack of his work effort combined with his low intelligence.  He posts so many irrational posts during all hours, he is either 1. unemployed, or 2. shaming at work when he should be flipping burgers.  I'm sure Donnn will respond and tell me how dumb I am lol. But I enjoy listening to Donnn, it reminds of me of why I am proud of BC and BC alumni, and why there is such a different with some UConn alums (Note to other UConn alums who read this:  I am not attacking UConn as a whole, I have a strong respect for some UConn alums, just not this one).
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

crm/slim:

Thanks for the posts.  I think you both have pretty much nailed it.  I am likewise struck by the anger in his posts as well as his irrationality and his complete inability to exchange in a give-and-take by discussing/debating facts.  Like his other BC-obsessed brethren, he rants and responds to reasonable debate by branding others as "stupid" (with all the irony of his comments going completely over his head).

crm, I agree with your comments about some Uconn fans. They seem to have a split.  Many Uconn fans are decent folks who support their teams and like to discuss college sports. I have a couple of good friends who are Uconn alums and we have a good time, with our "back and forth" banter.  IMO, however, there is another, smaller segment of their fanbase that at times sports a sense of entitlement, paranoia, and delusion.  Those of us who journeyed to their FB stadium in 2003 to see BC play Uconn saw these tendencies on full display. You can also, IMO, see some of this here in their posts.

IMO, they need to be reminded we are talking about college sports here; that is all.  A bit less anger and vitriol from them would certainly be appreciated. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : crm/slim: Thanks for the posts.  I think you both have pretty much nailed it.  I am likewise struck by the anger in his posts as well as his irrationality and his complete inability to exchange in a give-and-take by discussing/debating facts.  Like his other BC-obsessed brethren, he rants and responds to reasonable debate by branding others as "stupid" (with all the irony of his comments going completely over his head). crm, I agree with your comments about some Uconn fans. They seem to have a split.  Many Uconn fans are decent folks who support their teams and like to discuss college sports. I have a couple of good friends who are Uconn alums and we have a good time, with our "back and forth" banter.  IMO, however, there is another, smaller segment of their fanbase that at times sports a sense of entitlement, paranoia, and delusion.  Those of us who journeyed to their FB stadium in 2003 to see BC play Uconn saw these tendencies on full display. You can also, IMO, see some of this here in their posts. IMO, they need to be reminded we are talking about college sports here; that is all.  A bit less anger and vitriol from them would certainly be appreciated. 
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]
    It's actually considered a badge of honor to be labeled stupid or dumb by Donnnn. We've all been there. You can't convince him with facts, because his mind's already made up, and he has no respect for anyone else's opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In response to "Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : It's actually considered a badge of honor to be labeled stupid or dumb by Donnnn. We've all been there. You can't convince him with facts, because his mind's already made up, and he has no respect for anyone else's opinion. Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE] You are 100% correct Indians1948. Just like a circus clown, however, he has provided me with a lot of laughs these last couple of days. The funniest thing is that he doesn't seem to understand that the joke is on him. I especially like his claim that he doesn't bother to read my "epistles" (his word), yet he responds to every one of my posts to folks other than him. Too funny. Thanks Donnnn. You have played the role of a clown to perfection and you have given me many chuckles these past couple of days!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : Please try harder in the future. Your spelling and grammar is much better than all the other trolls but you really don't add anything new or different. Just another "BC sucks" poster 24/7
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate your close attention to spelling and grammar.  By the way, it's "your spelling and grammar are much better"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : Three Big East Tournament Titles One ACC Tournament Title One ACC regular season title I love the bac10's the worlds. You can boil down their arguments to one of the following: 1. You should not be a fan of BC 2. I am not a fan of BC, therefore you should not be a fan of BC 3. BC has never won a national title, therefore you should not be a fan of BC Most of the bac10's of the world aren't actually fans of any college program, which makes their petulant whining even more annoying. Tell you what bac10, you go on being a fan of whatever program you follow. I would be glad to put BC up against in in all sports over the past 100 years or so. We will continue to be fans of BC. I suspect that you aren't a fan of whatever school you went to  and it just annoys you that BC folks take pride in and enjoy BC athletics.
    Posted by LongPotter[/QUOTE]

I could care less about BC, except once every couple weeks some BC backslapper goes overboard and I'm forced to offer a reality check.  It's quite clear from my posts that I'm a UConn alumni and a UConn fan.  Feel free to put BC up against UConn in collegiate athletics, let's start with UConn's 15 national championships.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : BC and Uconn were in the Big east together from 1979-2005. BC basketball won 5 regular season Big East championships (some of them were shared as were some of UConn's) and 2 Big East tournaments championships. Could you cite were ACC fans and original members are writing or saying it was bad for expansion ? Do you have some links I'd like to read them.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog, this column from John Feinstein generated a lot of commentary on the issue of ACC expansion:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : SanDog, this column from John Feinstein generated a lot of commentary on the issue of ACC expansion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/since-expansion-the-acc-has-been-merely-another-common-conference-in-basketball/2012/01/06/gIQAx68ohP_story.html
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]
    bac10: Here's another article on the subject of ACC expansion titled "ACC Expansion: Coack K Supports New Additions."
    http://dc.sbnation.com/maryland-terrapins/2011/9/18/2433748/acc-expansion-mike-krzyzewski-coach-k

Sections
Shortcuts