ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics:
    In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : It's actually considered a badge of honor to be labeled stupid or dumb by Donnnn. We've all been there. You can't convince him with facts, because his mind's already made up, and he has no respect for anyone else's opinion.
    Posted by indians1948

Nice English limited in you letter count this isn't Twetter moron ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to "Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics": You are 100% correct Indians1948. Just like a circus clown, however, he has provided me with a lot of laughs these last couple of days. The funniest thing is that he doesn't seem to understand that the joke is on him. I especially like his claim that he doesn't bother to read my "epistles" (his word), yet he responds to every one of my posts to folks other than him. Too funny. Thanks Donnnn. You have played the role of a clown to perfection and you have given me many chuckles these past couple of days!
    Posted by Eagle78

Hey Man "youse analysis is funny for a BC subway grad flipp'en those hamburgers  off of 'Galvin', ... 'Youse' 'wicked' funny with your opinions Man 'wicked funny' way out there as Tim Thomas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : I'm sorry if I rip your stupid comments apart but I have to.  I can label the 3 dumbest lines I have heard and I called you both out so of course you take offense but you guys were the idiots who said this.  So by labeling me the "idiot" is much easier instead of looking at the facts and realing YOU are the idiots. Dumbest Uconn quotes of all time (in order) #1-  Slim  "Uconn avoid playing local teams because they are too tough".  yes, of course Uconn avoids powerhouse local programs in lieu of lightweights like kentucky and mich state (2 Top 5 teams last year) at Maui #2- Eagle78-  "I'd rather have this current BC hoops team over Uconn's hoops team".  Yeah sure you would.  I'd rather drive a beat up Pinto over driving a Ferrari.  Eagle, I feel sorry for you and your stupidity.  How is that tuition rebate from the BC president going after this moronic comment? #3- CRM-  "BC is in good shape for the future and Uconn starts 4 Seniors".  This idiot CRM was talking about this year!!  uconn hasn't started 1 senior yet this year much less 4!  Below is their current roster. So BC fans wonder why I get on BC.  Read the above moronic quotes and how could you take any of these 3 idiots serious is beyond me.  If you even think of deabting them, please read above again.  They all tend to write a lot but as you can see, nobody thinks before they write.  So above is the intellectual firepower BC is producing?  BC as an academic "powerhouse" failed you all!! NAME CLASS DeAndre Daniels FR Brendan Allen FR Ryan Boatright FR Andre Drummond FR Michael Bradley FR Enosch Wolf SO Jeremy Lamb SO Niels Giffey SO Tyler Olander SO Shabazz Napier SO Roscoe Smith SO Alex Oriakhi JR P.J. Cochrane SR Kyle Bailey SR Benjamin Stewart SR Ethan Waite SR
    Posted by Donnnn

What a misquote Donnn. I never said they have senior starters.  But I guess your that desperate.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Yup, in addition to all his other charming attributes, it seems donnn can add liar to the list.  Nice.  I'd correct the bogus statement he attributes to me, but what's the point.  Consider the source.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

We will refer to you as the great know it all, hanging out all day and surfing the WWW! Keep plucking away on that gee'tar!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Donnnnnnnn, my friend, you sound pretty upset.  I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with UConn taking a nose dive.  Don't worry it'll be better after Saturdays game I'm sure.

Regarding the senior comment, they do have 4 seniors on the team.  Never said they were starters.  Did say they were leaders, seniors usually are.  Doesn't mean they have to score the most points.  But you're still missing the point of that post.  You refuse to address it and harp on the one detail that you feel you can attack the most. 

That doesn't affect the validity of the post.  The point is UConn is not a brand new team.  There are plenty of players returning from the previous year, with 3 returning STARTERS.  And yes 4 SENIORS.  The EXPECTATION  was that UConn was going to do well this year.  That is why UConn was ranked so high in the beginning of the season.  And UConn has completely FAILED expectations to even be a mediocre team. Yes, they are in a downward spiral.

I'm sorry if that truth hurts, but come on, grow up buddy and quit with the childish name calling and antics.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Donnnnnnnn, my friend, you sound pretty upset.  I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with UConn taking a nose dive.  Don't worry it'll be better after Saturdays game I'm sure. Regarding the senior comment, they do have 4 seniors on the team.  Never said they were starters.  Did say they were leaders, seniors usually are.  Doesn't mean they have to score the most points.  But you're still missing the point of that post.  You refuse to address it and harp on the one detail that you feel you can attack the most.  That doesn't affect the validity of the post.  The point is UConn is not a brand new team.  There are plenty of players returning from the previous year, with 3 returning STARTERS.  And yes 4 SENIORS.  The EXPECTATION  was that UConn was going to do well this year.  That is why UConn was ranked so high in the beginning of the season.  And UConn has completely FAILED expectations to even be a mediocre team. Yes, they are in a downward spiral. I'm sorry if that truth hurts, but come on, grow up buddy and quit with the childish name calling and antics.
    Posted by crm222

Good post, crm.

I think even the most delusional Uconn Men's BB fan would have to concede that this season to date had been a colossal disappointment.  They were highly ranked preseason and most of their fans were boasting of another NC run.  To date, however, they are unranked, in the lower part of the BE standings, and with a losing conference record. Barring a miracle late season run and in the BET, they don't appear likely to make the Dance.

What I said in an earlier post, and what Donnnn is apparently incapable of comprehending, is that both the BC and Uconn Men's teams have not performed well this season and are unlikely to go to the Dance. 

In Boston College's case, however, they are playing nine freshmen and no one expected them to be good this year.  What they have done, though, is show more and more as the season goes on that they have the potential to be really good in the coming years; and they are coached by a really good coach.  Despite the poor season, BC fans are by and large optimistic about the future.

In the case of the Uconn team, they have had one disappointment after another:  the NCAA recruiting violations and the loss of scholarships; as well as the APR fiasco and subsequent loss of scholarships; and the real possibility of not being eligible for the Dance in 2013.  Add to this a miserable season to date, given all the preseason hype.  To further add to this, one only needs to look at the PR hit the Men's Program has taken in the press recently, even in their home state of CT.

If Donahue stays at BC for the foreseeable future, it will be interesting to follow the trajectories of both programs in the coming years. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : SanDog, this column from John Feinstein generated a lot of commentary on the issue of ACC expansion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/since-expansion-the-acc-has-been-merely-another-common-conference-in-basketball/2012/01/06/gIQAx68ohP_story.html Posted by bac10

I think Feinstein is a good writer, don't always agree with him but real good. Now if a writer whom really liked College Football you might get a different article.

I respect Roy Williams allot and I really liked Gary Williams when he was the Eagles coach but it's narrow minded for them to say the conference should just be a basketball conference.

One thing is for sure Gene D and the board of the ACC are motivated by $$$ but who isn't in those positions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : now YOU are trying to change what you already wrote also?  What is with this forum that is brought you 3 knuckleheads who say one thing and then when confronted try to change it up?    You can keep your BC team and I will keep this Uconn team as the talent level comparison is not even close.  Uconn may miss the tourney next year but they still have a solid recruiting class.  BC can't say that.  They still have guys like Lonnie Jackson playing but the saving grace for BC is they play in an extremely top heavy league in the ACC.
    Posted by Donnnn

LOL, Donnnnnnnnn.  Gee, you Uconn posters are an angry lot. Why? 

Glad to see you are reading my "epistles", contrary to what you said earlier.  BTW, you never did explain your comment that BC was a "doormat", which is the reason I jumped onto this thread to begin with.

The "top heavy" ACC?  Isn't that the Conference that your school has been pleading to get into?  How is that working out? 

I will say it again, it will be interesting to follow the trajectories of both programs in the coming years.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : the one smart thing you've done today is try to debate the future and not the past.  I have better things to do than speculate on where BC will be going but looking at this terrible team, I don't think the ceiling is that high.  This team doesn't have 1 player than has even a REMOTE chance in playing in the NBA.  BC is a doormat in football and hoops but luckily the ACC has a bunch of doormats this year (Gtech,clemson, wake forest and BC).  You do understand when 2 bad teams play, one HAS to win?  Back to the Uconn not in the ACC angle, AGAIN (ad nauseam) the ACC wanted Uconn over Pitt and GDF whined and cried and they backed off.  I see a similarity in all you BC guys (whining and crying).  Same old Same old from the BC faithful....  excuses, let's debate the future, and let's act like the ACC wants us more than Uconn.... The ACC would gladly get rid of BC if they could do it over again?  Adding BC has been an ACC failure as they haven't added anything to the ACC, only detracted especially from a Sports viewpoint.
    Posted by Donnnn

Ahhh..the true delusions of a Uconn poster. Where do I begin?

In one sentence you say that BC brings nothing the ACC.  In another sentence you claim that BC was so powerful that they were able to pull some kind of tantrum that somehow "forced" all of the other ACC members to back off Uconn. 

Are you not able to see the inconsistency of your argument?

Yes, it is true that BC didn't want Uconn in the ACC.  That has been well publicized.  However, apparently neither did others as well since BC cannot block a team by itself. It takes at least 4 schools to do that.

This notion that the ACC wanted Uconn and not Pitt is a fiction that only exists among Uconn fans in order to reconcile with the fact that they were not selected by the ACC.  Instead, they portray BC as some sort of powerful villain that single handily derailed Uconn.  Never mind that these same Uconn fans have continued to mock BC as a toothless tiger with no clout in the ACC. 

The ACC wanted Pitt and SU.  Not Uconn.  Deal with it.  Your rationalization leaves you arguing against yourself.

Oh, BTW, the ACC is very happy with BC and they have said so repeatedly, from the ACC Commissioner on down.  Your comments on this are just more crap that you cannot back up and are intended to allow you to rationalize why BC is in the ACC and Uconn is not.

Your comment that BC has not contributed anything to the ACC "from a sports standpoint" is absurd.  Since coming to the ACC, they have won more FB games than any other ACC team not named VT, they have made the ACCCG twice, they are in the top half of the ACC in Men's BB  for games won, made the NCAA's numerous times, and played in the ACC Men's BB championship game.  They have won the ACC Soccer Title and the Women's Soccer team has had great success.

Finally, your comment that you have "better things to do than speculate on where BC will be going" is laughable. You are obsessed with BC and post about BC all day long.  As they say: "you are know by your deeds".

I follow BC sports because I enjoy them.  Most importantly, my enjoyment of a team is not limited to its W-L records.  For you to name-call someone "dumb" who has different values and priorities than you shows, IMO, just what an imbecile you are.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : read this to see how the ACC thinks they are doing with the new additions.  I knew you were in trouble before but now quoting women's soccer to bolster how BC is a good addition to the ACC makes you look desperate.   you're reaching now.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/since-expansion-the-acc-has-been-merely-another-common-conference-in-basketball/2012/01/06/gIQAx68ohP_story.html "For you to name-call someone "dumb" who has different values and priorities than you shows, IMO, just what an imbecile you are."   The irony in your own statement probably went unrealized by you but I got a good laugh....  let me guess, "I took it out of context"!   Next excuse?  Surely someone from BC has to smarter than these Dolts (CRM/Slim/Eagle).  Take your verbal beatdown and move on.....  or do what you BC guys do best, try to deflect the topic and somehow claim victory in something completely irrelevant while looking foolish the entire time.
    Posted by Donnnn

Wow...that's the best you can do?

You said that the ACC would gladly get rid of BC and for your "proof" you post an article which is an opinion piece written by a columnist that criticized the whole expansion from a BB standpoint. It does not speak for the ACC, nor does the article even singularly criticize BC.

To support your point, show me one article that comes from an ACC official or an ACC school AD that is critical of BC.

The fact is you cannot.  Enough said.

Oh, BTW, if BC is so disrespected in the ACC, remind me again just how they had the clout to block Uconn from getting into the ACC.  I noticed you didn't answer that in my post above, did you?  Not surprised you took a pass on that.  Tough to argue against yourself.

And yes, I used Women's Soccer in my argument, as the 4th example...after talking about the FB, Men'BB, and the Men's Soccer teams.  So, what's your point, beyond your apparent sexist view of Women's sports?

Did you not read my post?  Forget about math, do they not teach reading comprehension at Uconn?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

All this childhood bully stuff Donnnnnnn. I'll never forget your christmas message.  What was it "Season's Beatings and Merry Fistmas." And then you told me earlier today that I got beat up. And now you tell Eagle 78 to take his verbal beatdown.  I think you have some anger issues buddy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Are you sure your not taking about yourself by responding? Need to look at all your uninvited last words, which you seem to always interject, now that's an anger issue bro!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

All this childhood bully stuff Donnnnnnn. I'll never forget your christmas message.  What was it "Season's Beatings and Merry Fistmas." And then you told me earlier today that I got beat up. And now you tell Eagle 78 to take his verbal beatdown.  I think you have some anger issues buddy.
    Posted by crm222

Good point, crm.  In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned the delusional nature of some in the Uconn fanbase.  I guess I might have to add anger issues as well.  Donnnnnnn's posts do seem to contain anger, vitriol and not to subtle reference to violence ("beat downs" etc.)  Not unlike what I witnessed the one time the BC FB team traveled to their stadium, unfortunately.

In some ways, I feel sorry for Donnnnn.  He appears unable to just enjoy his teams.  Instead, like a few other sad cases, he toils on other teams threads to bash them.  He appears to have a massive inferiority complex about BC, that's for sure. You and I probably could care less what Uconn fans say about BC on their boards. On the other hand, he appears to care deeply about what we have to say, which is why he feels the need to respond to every post on a BC thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Donnnn knows that it wasn't just BC that held UConn out of the ACC.  And in his heart of hearts he'll admit that UConn basketball is sliding and BC is rising.  He also knows that UConn football is not going to do so hot next year, nor is their basketball program. 

He just can't admit it.  Which is why he calls so many people foolish, dumb, and irrelevant, and suffering from his "verbal beatdowns." 

Thats what you do when you can't admit you're wrong and don't have the facts to prove you're right.  And when you don't want to give up.

It just hurts to admit that not everybody thinks UConn is a top notch program and ought to be in the ACC.

-Donnnn: Here's a bit of advice (trust me and take it!)  Your best argument is that maybe the BE won't implode but will continue to strengthen with the new additions.  Or that the BCS system is dying anyway and there will be a football playoff in a few years. And that UConn has had enough on the court recent success to breed a basketball pedigree that won't die out with the coach and the sanctions.  And that UConn will be back soon and that this is only a little bump in the road!  You can say that without any anger and with complete sincerity and most of us would probably applaud your point!  Just don't go bashing BC, our alma mater, with little to no facts, and just your bitter anger.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts