ACC vs. Big East Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball

Slim, you are so right.  I am actually mad at myself.  BUt I can't stand 'internet tough guys' who think they can control when people respond or write on a message board....

I'll leave it alone now though so we can actually talk BC sports.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : they will be fine... unlike the BC team
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I actually think that BC will be fine, too, in two years. Next year, they could be a .500 team, but I think that the following year, if they stay together, they'll be pretty good. I look at what Tom Crean did with Indiana. After Knight was fired in 2000, they had Mike Davis. Kelvin Sampson, Dan Dakich, then Crean. It's taken Crean 4 years (6-25, 10-21-12-20) to rebuild to where they are today. Skinner did it at BC when Jim O'Brien left after the dispute with admissions. Skinner went 15-16, 6-21, 11-19, 27-5 and a BE Championship. I  think it will happen again.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : I actually think that BC will be fine, too, in two years. Next year, they could be a .500 team, but I think that the following year, if they stay together, they'll be pretty good. I look at what Tom Crean did with Indiana. After Knight was fired in 2000, they had Mike Davis. Kelvin Sampson, Dan Dakich, then Crean. It's taken Crean 4 years (6-25, 10-21-12-20) to rebuild to where they are today. Skinner did it at BC when Jim O'Brien left after the dispute with admissions. Skinner went 15-16, 6-21, 11-19, 27-5 and a BE Championship. I  think it will happen again.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Still a difference in the type of student Indiana will let in v BC.  But I think you are right.  Steve D seems to know what he is doing.  BC can compete in hoops, it has for years.  Just takes time to rebuild.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Guess you got all the answers about a pathetic basketball team with no shot at an multiple NIT births. Perhapsin the near future too BC will be able to fill the Conte Gym, as the good ol'days of yester'year, and you will be able to have some meaning in your sad life other than BC basketball?
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, but I can't let this one go. "WITH NO SHOT AN MULTIPLE NIT BIRTHS." Is this crap even English? How many monkeys have you trained to type for you? Please try to add something to the discussion, or at least take a remedial English class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Still a difference in the type of student Indiana will let in v BC.  But I think you are right.  Steve D seems to know what he is doing.  BC can compete in hoops, it has for years.  Just takes time to rebuild.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

So the main disadvantage BC basketball has versus Indiana basketball in their comparative rebuilding processes is BC's higher academic standards for its athletes?  I would have thought the fact that Indiana has historically been one of the country's premier basketball programs and has won multiple national championships would be the most significant advantage for Indiana.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : So the main disadvantage BC basketball has versus Indiana basketball in their comparative rebuilding processes is BC's higher academic standards for its athletes?  I would have thought the fact that Indiana has historically been one of the country's premier basketball programs and has won multiple national championships would be the most significant advantage for Indiana.
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to downplay that.  However I think you over-estimate Indiania's hoops prowess.  They haven't been a national title contender for years, other than a random Final Four run, it's actually been decades.  No high school kid deciding where to play ball thinks of Indiana like they do UNC, Duke, Uconn, UCLA, etc.  As I have said before, Bob Knight is the most overrated coach of all time who ran mediocre programs for the last HALF of his career. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : So the main disadvantage BC basketball has versus Indiana basketball in their comparative rebuilding processes is BC's higher academic standards for its athletes?  I would have thought the fact that Indiana has historically been one of the country's premier basketball programs and has won multiple national championships would be the most significant advantage for Indiana.
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]
    I don't think BC ever recruits against Indiana directly. Because Indiana is THE state university, Crean only has to get the best players in the state to stay home (e.g. Cody Zeller). BC has never had much success recruiting in the Midwest, with the possible exception of Troy Bell from Minnesota.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : you really have no idea what you are saying, do you?  indiana if they even wanted a kid BC was recruiting would win that battle 100 times out of 100.  Don't give me the stupid "the academic rigor of BC blah blah blah" because BC lets in kids not involved in Mensa (sean williams and herron come to mind).  Problem is NOBODY thinks of BC as a bigtime school that cares about their sports.  Go to a football or hoops game and you will see. Now try watching the Kentucky Indiana game and tell me if that would EVER happen in BC.  not even close.  As much as you probably do realize BC in the mind of recruits is where you go if you have NO other options.  I love the BC colored glasses you nuts wear but newsflash, NO recruits care about BC hoops.  momort, why do you care? you already admitted to me you don't care about BC sports.  You looking to argue with anyone like the usual troll responses you have? Que the crazed poorly thought out response from momort in: 3...................2.......................1............................. soo predictable mo!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    You keep bringing up Williams and Herren. You don't, in fact, know anything about their academic qualifications, but only that they had trouble with substance abuse. (Never happens at UCONN). If you haven't seen it yet, watch ESPN's documentary "Unguarded" about Herren's struggles with drugs and alcohol, while attempting to hold his career and family together. You'll like it, they only mention BC for about 30 seconds.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : you really have no idea what you are saying, do you?  indiana if they even wanted a kid BC was recruiting would win that battle 100 times out of 100.  Don't give me the stupid "the academic rigor of BC blah blah blah" because BC lets in kids not involved in Mensa (sean williams and herron come to mind).  Problem is NOBODY thinks of BC as a bigtime school that cares about their sports.  Go to a football or hoops game and you will see. Now try watching the Kentucky Indiana game and tell me if that would EVER happen in BC.  not even close.  As much as you probably do realize BC in the mind of recruits is where you go if you have NO other options.  I love the BC colored glasses you nuts wear but newsflash, NO recruits care about BC hoops.  momort, why do you care? you already admitted to me you don't care about BC sports.  You looking to argue with anyone like the usual troll responses you have? Que the crazed poorly thought out response from momort in: 3...................2.......................1............................. soo predictable mo!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I know it's not cool to post consecutive replies to your last post, but here goes. You're right, the atmosphere at the Indiana-Kentucky game would never happen at BC (or at UCONN). It might happen at Duke-NC, though. As to your assertion that "NO recruits care about BC hoops." I don't know how far back you want to go but Scoonie Penn and Troy Bell were BE Tourney MVPs Craig Smith was all-BE first team then all-ACC first team. Jared Dudley was ACC MVP. Tyrese Rice and Reggie Jackson were all-ACC first team. Did someone twist their arms to go to BC or was that their choice? I could go on, but I'm getting ready to go to the game tonight. Stop by if you want to chat tonight or Sat. afternoon, Sec. A, Row 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : what do you know about uconn players academic qualifications?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Nothing. I never claimed I did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Indians, stop man, just stop.  You won't get anywhere.  They are angry, they are stupid and they hate BC.  It as simple as that...

Enjoy the game!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Indians, stop man, just stop.  You won't get anywhere.  They are angry, they are stupid and they hate BC.  It as simple as that... Enjoy the game!
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

MORFART the voice of wisdom here preaching to a choir boy, who has never aspired to be anything  but deliver stupid commentary and assessment beyond a trier of fact!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : I didn't mean to downplay that.  However I think you over-estimate Indiania's hoops prowess.  They haven't been a national title contender for years, other than a random Final Four run, it's actually been decades.  No high school kid deciding where to play ball thinks of Indiana like they do UNC, Duke, Uconn, UCLA, etc.  As I have said before, Bob Knight is the most overrated coach of all time who ran mediocre programs for the last HALF of his career. 
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

They certainly are not a national power anymore but even being down in the past two decades, they make the NCAAs almost every year (15 out of the last 20 by a quick count).  They've been pretty bad the past decade though, which I would blame on the Mike Davis era more than anything.  You really have to get it right replacing a legendary coach and when you get it wrong you need to respond quickly, as UNC did with Matt Doherty after consecutive bad seasons.

I would probably point to recruiting as Indiana's primary advantage--not based on low academic standards but available local talent.  Also, even being down they had enough of an elite image to hire Crean away from Marquette, where he had been pretty successful.     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : They certainly are not a national power anymore but even being down in the past two decades, they make the NCAAs almost every year (15 out of the last 20 by a quick count).  They've been pretty bad the past decade though, which I would blame on the Mike Davis era more than anything.  You really have to get it right replacing a legendary coach and when you get it wrong you need to respond quickly, as UNC did with Matt Doherty after consecutive bad seasons. I would probably point to recruiting as Indiana's primary advantage--not based on low academic standards but available local talent.  Also, even being down they had enough of an elite image to hire Crean away from Marquette, where he had been pretty successful.     
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is everyone Marquette fan I know (all 5 of them) hated Crean and where happy to see him go.  I guess he's not a very good guy and is shady as they come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : MORFART the voice of wisdom here preaching to a choir boy, who has never aspired to be anything  but deliver stupid commentary and assessment beyond a trier of fact!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    I think I'm on to your Cheeroh. The "trier of fact" comment indicates that you're probably familiar with the legal system, most likely in prison or out on parole. What about all of these upsets though, if we can talk about basketball for a minute? BC over Clemson, Duke almost losing to UVA at home, Villanova and Pitt slipping badly, St. Mary's routing Gonzaga. This is exciting stuff. What do you and the other inmates think?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

My do all idiots up there post as bad as the above, no wonder a loser up there in Yankee heaven is not accoustomed to success!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Indians1948, dont bother to address that guy, just like I'm going to try my best to ignore the fake, wannabe, "I'm compensating for something," spotlight ranger above me.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Got ahold of mom's sherry bottle again?  so early in the morning?

Sections
Shortcuts