All-Time Greatest College Basketball Players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

All-Time Greatest College Basketball Players

I came across an article by someone named Ken Siegel (not sure who he is but he's a college basketball fan) and I thought it would be a good time for a discussion of his all-time greatest with March Madness on the horizon. Here's his list:
    10. Larry Bird
    9.   Patrick Ewing
    8.   Ralph Sampson
    7.   Jerry West
    6.   Wilt
    5.   Bill Walton
    4.   Bill Russell
    3.   Oscar Robertson
    2.   Pete Maravich
    1.   Lew Alcindor (Kareem)
    Not a bad list. No Dr. J, no Michael, no Magic. One addition I would have, as a Buckeye fan, is Jerry Lucas (1 championship, 3 finals in 4 years. I might take out LB (good stats but no championships) or Wilt (only played 2 years).  Consider Marvin Brnes, Ernie D., Jimmy Walker (maybe the best I've seen in person), Bob Lanier, the list goes on. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: All-Time Greatest College Basketball Players

In response to indians1948's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I came across an article by someone named Ken Siegel (not sure who he is but he's a college basketball fan) and I thought it would be a good time for a discussion of his all-time greatest with March Madness on the horizon. Here's his list:
    10. Larry Bird
    9.   Patrick Ewing
    8.   Ralph Sampson
    7.   Jerry West
    6.   Wilt
    5.   Bill Walton
    4.   Bill Russell
    3.   Oscar Robertson
    2.   Pete Maravich
    Not a bad list. No Dr. J, no Michael, no Magic. One addition I would have, as a Buckeye fan, is Jerry Lucas (1 championship, 3 finals in 4 years. I might take out LB (good stats but no championships) or Wilt (only played 2 years).  Consider Marvin Brnes, Ernie D., Jimmy Walker (maybe the best I've seen in person), Bob Lanier, the list goes on. What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

NC State beats Boston College 78-68

I came across this article Chief 1948 and it shows you are out of touch in Wig Wam Nation!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Worst Year in Boston College Basketball History Congrats Boston College @ 8-23.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

I thought of several others worthy of consideration: Bill Bradley, Cazzie Russell, David Thompson, Elvin Hayes, Darrell Griffith, and Wes Unseld. I think you could come up with a 2nd 10 that could beat the top 10.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10. Larry Bird
    9.   Patrick Ewing
    8.   Ralph Sampson
    7.   Jerry West
    6.   Wilt
    5.   Bill Walton
    4.   Bill Russell
    3.   Oscar Robertson
    2.   Pete Maravich

[/QUOTE]

All time losers in the ACC:

BAWSTON COLLEGE

BAWSTON COLLEGE

BAWSTON COLLEGE

Should we continue their sad saga in Dixie QUEENIE?

Sections
Shortcuts