ANOTHER Donahue First

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

ANOTHER Donahue First

Though hardly noticed here, the news that one month ago Dallas Elmore, the final remaining Coach Skinner recruit, left Behead Coaches Institute is just the latest indicator of the stupidity of The Gang of Two's decision to axe the most winning coach in Eagle hoop history.

Think of what this shows: i.e.  Stevie Wonder has been so effective that he has driven away or otherwise lost EVERY Skinner scholarship player who would have been here for next season.

To recap: 3 transfers to strong programs ( 2 of whom have recently been saluted by different ESPN hoops experts; the 3rd will be on one the top 5 teams in the nation next year); he lost Reggie Jackson to the NBA; and now Dallas Elmore has seen the demise of our program and he is gone.

WHAT A LEADER STEVIE WONDER IS!  Just look at the confidence he inspires in his players. 

Next thing we know, the folks who make the uniforms will quit.

Thanks, Dear Leader and Flippo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: ANOTHER Donahue First

It's funny how you can interpret the transfers anyway you choose.  I'll give the coach a chance to build his program.  I asked you how long is a reasonable time period, but you continued to joke about seven years.  I guess you somehow want to mockingly equate the coach's efforts at BC to his experiences at Cornell rather than state your honest opinion about how long any coach should be given to establish a D1 basketball program...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Looks like Ed Cooley has problems retaining scholarship athletes as well

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- It was announced on Thursday, May 19 that Providence College sophomore guard www.friars.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/mondy_duke00.html">Duke Mondy (Grand Rapids, Mich.) has been released from the men's basketball team. Mondy played in 28 games in 2010-11 and averaged 7.7 points and 3.3 rebounds.

and by the way Sanders would have played last year and would have exhausted his eligibilty so in fact could not have played this coming year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Now wouldn't Kuron Iverson be the answer to the BC's sad  program to compete with the mighty mights of the ACC. Tune in my friends and experience this 6"8"" phenom, and enjoy UCONN's quest to #4 and witness history in the making as another King James comes of age. 

http://articles.courant.com/2010-02-12/sports/hc-hshoopfeat0212.art0feb12_1_allen-iverson-iverson-s-last-fall-northwest-catholic

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/tag/_/name/kuran-iverson

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-JDqmv268">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-JDqmv268

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmjJJh3D2nM">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmjJJh3D2nM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDml9sVSjU&NR=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDml9sVSjU&NR=1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

So now it is Ed Cooley's turn:

http://www.projo.com/pc/content/PC_Friars_Duke_Mondy_05-20-11_EOO6N54_v2.31f8134.html

Excerpts below:

Mondy, who was recruited to Providence by Keno Davis, joins Lacy, Still and Jamine Peterson as players who were released from their scholarships by the school for disciplinary reasons. Russ Permenter and Kyle Wright left the program last spring on their own.

Cooley has said he’s weighing the status of some other current Friars, both academically and whether they fit his plans for the program’s future.

I am sure the kids still in the program are just full of confidence and love not knowing where they stand.  But that's OK Ed coached for Al so he is enveloped in a penumbra of love and good feelings.

But of course when SD does this he is jettisoning and chasing players out; when Ed Cooley does it, it is turning the program around.

This is fun

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Sorry with Duke and UNC in the ACC, consider BC by far a distant bridesmaid for the next 3-5 years with Austin Rivers, et al.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

when did BC get Austin Rivers???  What great news!!!  Are you sure he can't help???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Oh my goodness.  So Ed Cooley must be a bad bad man just like Steve D because, god forbid, players are leaving when a new coach comes in.  So let's here it old angry man, chastise Cooley for this.

Or, admit that it's a normal thing to happen and when a new coach comes in there is often great turnover. 

Or, start a new thread as you always do....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER Donahue First:
    [QUOTE]when did BC get Austin Rivers???  What great news!!!  Are you sure he can't help???
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

BC is the the perennial cellar dweller and whipping boy for UNC & Duke in the ACC ... 

Unfortunately, as reported recently in the New Haven Register my man Kuron Iverson has been tudored by his All American uncle AI and will not become a Husky. As acknowledged,  he is leaning towards becoming a Hoyas, or Wildcat, as slick Johnny has them coming one after another in that Refuse to Lose environment. Kudos and Dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas Johnny Calapari!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER Donahue First : BC is the the perennial cellar dweller and whipping boy for UNC & Duke in the ACC ...  Unfortunately, as reported recently in the New Haven Register my man Kuron Iverson has been tudored by his All American uncle AI and will not become a Husky. As acknowledged,  he is leaning towards becoming a Hoyas, or Wildcat, as slick Johnny has them coming one after another in that Refuse to Lose environment. Kudos and Dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas Johnny Calapari!  
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Whatever paint chip baby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER Donahue First : Whatever paint chip baby.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

time for Kelly's Roast Beef on Broadway ...mommy's calling from Everett Square to find a job morfart ... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Bow,

Why do YOU refuse to accept 7 years as the proper standard for Stevie Wonder?

I do.

MO,

Your debate prowess would improve were you to substitute SUBSTANCE for vitriol.

By the bye, did Ed Cooley lose EVERY returning player from his predecessor?

Not!

Peace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

How about Donahue's grade from DG?

of course Ed has at least 5 gone; neither did SD lose all his first year. Paris, Trapani, et al came back for their senior years.  Cooley has not even started a season yet

So Ed turns a program around losing at least 5 with only eight players on scholarship and may not be done yet. 

How about Jimmy's failing APR?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Bow, Why do YOU refuse to accept 7 years as the proper standard for Stevie Wonder? I do. MO, Your debate prowess would improve were you to substitute SUBSTANCE for vitriol. By the bye, did Ed Cooley lose EVERY returning player from his predecessor? Not! Peace
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

LP, there is no need to come at you with an substance as you simply ignore it or start another thread.  But thanks for the advice, you hold such a high standing with me I'll be sure to follow-it.

What do you mean lost every player?  some left on their own, 1 went to the nba, and the rest graduated.  At some point in college every coach loses every player.  As it's pretty obvious you don't know a whole lot about sports, in college you are only allowed to play 4 seasons with 1 redshirt season.  It's a big reason for the massive turnover at all colleges.

Glad I could help you out with that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Nice unresponsive answer.

Earth to Mo: Stevie Wonder was so impressive to his squad that ALL scholarship players who could have returned next year have bailed on the program.

What does THAT tell you, my man?

Peace

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Mo , Nice unresponsive answer. Earth to Mo : Stevie Wonder was so impressive to his squad that ALL scholarship players who could have returned next year have bailed on the program. What does THAT tell you, my man? Peace

Do you think you are clever?  do you think by making grand statements that no one will do the work to look into what you are saying?  Come on dude, stop being such a child and actually engage in some normal debate. 

You say ALL like it's some huge #.  The reality is, if no one transfered it would have been 4 players able to play next year from Skinner's program.  Ravenel, that PG who went to Baylor, Ellmore and Reggie.

So please, go stand next to the morons who said the world was ending this weekend as they are the only type of people who may (and I stress may) buy a word you say.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

All is all. Here, the cadre of 4 is a potent one.

AND I did not mention the two top recruits who decided to go elsewhere when Coach Skinner was fired.

Invective gets you nowhere, my friend.

FACTS win the day. Unfortunately for you and your ilk, the FACTS are not on your side.

Peace

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Mo, All is all. Here, the cadre of 4 is a potent one. AND I did not mention the two top recruits who decided to go elsewhere when Coach Skinner was fired. Invective gets you nowhere, my friend. FACTS win the day. Unfortunately for you and your ilk, the FACTS are not on your side. Peace

Yes, no facts on our side.  Well, other than the increase in attendence and wins YOY.  But you know, those two just get in the way your agrument, so we can ignore them if you'd like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

WHAT do last year's attendance and record have to do with the core of this debate (i.e. that Stevie Wonder lost EVERY scholarship player eligible to play next season, as well as the two top recruits who went elsewhere when Coach Skinner was fired)?

Explain, please.

Peace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Is that a serious question?  The debate is whether Steve D is a good coach or not.  You keep trying to make different arguments on how he is not and I am simply looking at the only results we have thus far.  Wins and attendance. 

You can keep trying to claim that Skinner's players leaving is an X mark on him, but anyone who isn't as close minded knows its a normal thing to happen during a coaching change,especially when the style of play is so different.  This isn't even debateable, it just is what happens.  But if you want to have your party of 1 that thinks this makes him a bad coach, have at it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Name ONE coach in the nation who lost his ENTIRE cadre of incumbent scholarship players after just one year.

I do ask hard questions, don't I?

And for your planning: the next insulting email from you will be the last I read before putting you on ignore.

If you wish to continue the debate civilly, fine.

Otherwise, it's later for you, Jack.

Peace

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

Reggie and Dallas?  Yhey were the only ones left after the first year. Of course your questions about the coaching turnover were served back to ypu faster than a Djokovic serve but soldier on

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

Cheerio wrote:

"Unfortunately, as reported recently in the New Haven Register my man Kuron Iverson has been tudored by his All American uncle AI and will not become a Husky."

Gee, all this time I thought he was a Plantaganet and not a tudor.