Attention ND Klown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gspBison. Show gspBison's posts

Attention ND Klown

No need to flame over a disappointing BB loss or taking 4th place in your hockey play-offs.
    What many BC fans sense is the quality of entitlement that permeates the Domer scene. The "storied program" that sets them apart is getting a bit stale.
    We exist in a meritocracy where hard work & perseverence bring about true rewards. Listening to Paul Hornung (who never graduated from ND) opine about these "ND rejects" as he comments on a loss to BC. The remarks that those Kelly green jerseys made it difficult to hold onto the ball. A great tribute to BC
    that they yanked them out of storage to give their team a little "edge."
    Any BC fan had to shake his head as Lou Holtz continued to pad the score when that contest was out of hand. I was there the following year w/ a woman's knees firmly planted in my back; no sense of fair-play would remove those bony protuberances. What a relief when Gordon's kick wobbled thru & I could stand, cheer & smile at the Witch of the West!
    Years later I was chatting w/ Lou Holtz @ The Football Hall of Fame dinner as he inquired if my maroon & gold tie represented SoCal. When I replied that it was BC, he stated that the game was the lowest point of his life. I could have mentioned that Karma exists, but I gathered he knew that.
    I believe that BC fans collectively have great respect for Our Lady, its well-earned reputation & its play on & off the field. It's unfortunate that pretenders like NDKlown have to despoil that rep as they attempt to discredit another esteemed institution. He couldn't possibly be a grad or an alum, just another faceless "subway" type that true Domer fans have to endure.
    '

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Re: Attention ND Klown

I believe that BC fans collectively have great respect for Our Lady, its well-earned reputation & its play on & off the field. It's unfortunate that pretenders like NDKlown have to despoil that rep as they attempt to discredit another esteemed institution. He couldn't possibly be a grad or an alum, just another faceless "subway" type that true Domer fans have to endure.

Bison, thanks for this post.  I loved your account of talking with Holtz at the FHOF dinner!

Your quote above certainly sums up my view of ND and most of its fans.  As obnoxious as the "king" has been, I'm inclined to cut him just a bit of slack since I think he's a kid (his post that practically guaranteed a final four appearance seemed particularly juvenile in its exuberance).   If I'm wrong, and he is a adult and/or ND alum, he is no credit to that university.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Another night, another opponent, and for the University of Connecticut Huskies, another victory.

History is in the making the University of Connecticut quest for the dual NCAA National Championship is upon us New England!

There might not be a UConn player who has had a greater total package of gifts than Walker, whose belief is leading this team as much as his skill. He was named one of four finalists for the Naismith national player of the year award Sunday, joining Jared Sullinger of Ohio State, Nolan SmithDuke atnd Jimmer Fredette of
    BYU. When Saturday's game was in doubt, as it was several times, Walker urged teammates to focus on defense, demanded freshmen pay attention to detail, and took over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

KIMBA WALKER is much better than Ray Allen!

from the best of the best ... He's starting to edge up on the list of UConn greats on what his impact is on his teammates,during the timeout when finally caught us and went ahead, he's really going after the young kids. I'd be a fool not to allow the guy they respect so much to really get on them about winning this basketball game. … And all of the sudden we just pull away. When you've won five, six, seven games and played really good teams, that happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

As folks might have surmised from the presence of complete sentences, etc., cheeroh's post (12:41) about Walker was plagiarized from the Hartford Courant (link below).

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-0321-20110320,0,7888301.story

Ditto for the 2nd post.

Sections
Shortcuts