BB Rule Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

BB Rule Changes

After watching far too many college games over too many years, here are five rule changes I'd like to see:
    1. Reduce the number of timeouts per team. Or reduce the number of "media" timeouts. They're just killing the flow of the game.
    2. Reduce the shot clock from 35 to 30.
    3. Eliminate the 5 second closely guarded rule. Why even have it in the first place?
    4. When a team takes the ball out of bounds in its own frontcourt, don't allow it to throw the ball into the backcourt. It punishes the defense.
    5. When a team in danger of a 10 second violation bringing the ball across half court calls a timeout, don't give them a new 10 seconds. They should only have whatever is left of the 10 seconds to get it across half court. Again, it punishes what was a good defensive effort.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: BB Rule Changes

The weak Atlantic Coast Conference's leading scorer kept his impressive season going as Terrell Stoglin poured in 24 points to lead the Maryland Terrapins over the Boston College Eagles, 81-65, in a conference matchup at the Comcast Center.

James Padgett netted 15 and Nick Faust added 14 for Maryland (15-10, 5-6 ACC) which had lost three of its previous four. Sean Mosely also chipped in 13 points for the Terrapins.

BC 1 star recruit  Ryan Anderson posted a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds for Boston College (8-18, 3-9). Lonnie Jackson put in 19 and Dennis Clifford added 11 for the Eagles who have lost eight of their last nine.

Maryland broke out to a 41-27 lead at halftime by shooting a solid 51.6 percent from the floor including 8-of-13 from three point range. Stoglin was particularly impressive scoring 19 of his game-high total in the opening period.

The Terrapins cooled off and shot just 48.0 percent from the floor and missed all three attempts from beyond the arc but Boston College, a miserable team in the ACC at 8-18   failed to capitalize by converting on only 28.1 percent of its field goal attempts in the closing period.

Maryland blocked eight shots in the game and outscored the Eagles 38-27 on points in the paint while holding a 39-31 edge on the glass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Maryland no rest stop on Eagles’ rough road ... Do we hear 20 losses with Duke Sunday?????

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to BB Rule Changes:
    After watching far too many college games over too many years, here are five rule changes I'd like to see: 1. Reduce the number of timeouts per team. Or reduce the number of "media" timeouts. They're just killing the flow of the game. 2. Reduce the shot clock from 35 to 30. 3. Eliminate the 5 second closely guarded rule. Why even have it in the first place? 4. When a team takes the ball out of bounds in its own frontcourt, don't allow it to throw the ball into the backcourt. It punishes the defense. 5. When a team in danger of a 10 second violation bringing the ball across half court calls a timeout, don't give them a new 10 seconds. They should only have whatever is left of the 10 seconds to get it across half court. Again, it punishes what was a good defensive effort.
    Posted by indians1948

OK COACH DONAHUE HA HA! FORGOT THE MD GAME FILM?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes:
    In Response to BB Rule Changes : OK COACH DONAHUE HA HA ! FORGOT THE MD GAME FILM ?
    Posted by UofNDKing

Gipper, did you neglect to read the headline for this discussion? It's about basketball RULES. Take your trolling somewhere else. Oh, and did you forget Maryland 78 - U of South Bend 71?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I've been wishing for fewer timeouts for a long time.  I think the last 5 mintues or even 2 mintues, no matter what you get 2 TOs.  One full and one 30 second.  And as bad as the college game seems, its no where near as bad as the NBA....

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : Are you too dumb to even see I am doing EXACTLY what you are doing?  At least I'm getting a kick out of this as it is messing with you, however, what is your excuse?  You are a sick man Slim.  I'm playing you into doing this and you are too blind to even see.
    Posted by Donnnn

Sad .... sadder ..... saddest

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : Sad .... sadder ..... saddest
    Posted by LOTHAR43

When you annotate comparative and superlative adjectives in this case, are you refering to BC athletic accomplshments?  Which is better described as, deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, and sorry! Please correct the Oxford English in the future!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

I've been wishing for fewer timeouts for a long time.  I think the last 5 mintues or even 2 mintues, no matter what you get 2 TOs.  One full and one 30 second.  And as bad as the college game seems, its no where near as bad as the NBA....
    Posted by momort

Perhaps you have not taken into account the NY Knickerbockers' phenom Mr. Lin for the past two weeks, or are you looking into your mondane life rehashing BC anecdotes with your depressing rebuttals?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : Perhaps you have not taken into account the NY Knickerbockers' phenom Mr. Lin for the past two weeks, or are you looking into your mondane life rehashing BC anecdotes with your depressing rebuttals?  
    Posted by postingking

Your comment makes no sense and has zero relevance to the conversation at hand.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : Perhaps you have not taken into account the NY Knickerbockers' phenom Mr. Lin for the past two weeks, or are you looking into your mondane life rehashing BC anecdotes with your depressing rebuttals?  
    Posted by postingking

Princess Kate: What does this inane comment about Jeremy Lin have to do with anything? (See the headline: BB Rule Changes.) Do you have any thoughts about the topic at hand, or is it too much for your feeble brain to comprehend? Don't get me wrong, I saw Lin play twice in college and thought he had a chance to be a good pro. I wish him success, except against the Celts.
    Please define "MONDANE."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : Your comment makes no sense and has zero relevance to the conversation at hand.
    Posted by momort

momort: It's the whr/cheeroh/uofndking/postingking creature rearing its ugly head again. It doesn't or can't understand three syllable words so the word relevance is beyond its comprehension. And what do all of these IDs all have in common? Cutesy little icons. Go figure.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: BB Rule Changes : says it all troll!
    Posted by whr

Judge Smails: WHR, I'm having a party this weekend. How would you like to come over and mow my lawn?

Sections
Shortcuts