BC back to the Big East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimreilly43. Show jimreilly43's posts

BC back to the Big East?

It appears secret meetings have taken place about reunion of BC in the Big East  with ND as a football member with separate revenues. It is part of the NBC negotiations taking place for a new contract. ESPN is also vying for the television deal.
    Another point of view in Big East boards.
    There are only two conferences left that will expand in college football in the near future. One is the Big 10 and the other is the Big East. The Big 10 added Nebraska while the BE added TCU, both elite football schools. The Big 10 prefers large land-grant schools with deep football tradition and stadiums exceeding 80,000 capacity. The Big East wants to be a more elite conference than the ACC on the east coast. Nationally, they were the 5th and 6th rated football conferences out of 12 major conferences. The only school that makes any sense for the BE is Boston College but BC stabbed the BE in the back and has delusions of academic grandeur that, other than it's Law School, are vastly overrated. They have maintained their "elite" academic standing by being highly selective. That means very few minorities as far as BC is concerned. They think the ACC is a better academic fit but in fact they are just a catholic fish in southern Protestant waters. Let them stay in their imaginary southern state of mind! As far as a Big East shakeup, it should start at the administrative level. First, that incompetent commissioner needs to be fired. Second, move BE conference headquarters to NYC. Third, add only ONE additional football school that has basketball star power. Being from NYC, I could care less about college football and if I wanted to see a traditional college game I would drive up to Fordham before I cross the bridge to Rutgers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Re: BC back to the Big East?

In Response to BC back to the Big East?:
    It appears secret meetings have taken place about reunion of BC in the Big East  with ND as a football member with separate revenues. It is part of the NBC negotiations taking place for a new contract. ESPN is also vying for the television deal. Another point of view in Big East boards. There are only two conferences left that will expand in college football in the near future. One is the Big 10 and the other is the Big East. The Big 10 added Nebraska while the BE added TCU, both elite football schools. The Big 10 prefers large land-grant schools with deep football tradition and stadiums exceeding 80,000 capacity. The Big East wants to be a more elite conference than the ACC on the east coast. Nationally, they were the 5th and 6th rated football conferences out of 12 major conferences. The only school that makes any sense for the BE is Boston College but BC stabbed the BE in the back and has delusions of academic grandeur that, other than it's Law School, are vastly overrated. They have maintained their "elite" academic standing by being highly selective. That means very few minorities as far as BC is concerned. They think the ACC is a better academic fit but in fact they are just a catholic fish in southern Protestant waters. Let them stay in their imaginary southern state of mind! As far as a Big East shakeup, it should start at the administrative level. First, that incompetent commissioner needs to be fired. Second, move BE conference headquarters to NYC. Third, add only ONE additional football school that has basketball star power. Being from NYC, I could care less about college football and if I wanted to see a traditional college game I would drive up to Fordham before I cross the bridge to Rutgers.
    Posted by jimreilly43

Why do you make this stuff up?

BC is not going back to the BE and there are no secret talks. You have a grand total of 4 posts and you made the same comment about talks between NBC, UND and the BE in March. Please, please give us more details about how those secret talks are progressing.

The Big East boards? Seriously is that where you get your info?

Clearly you have not been paying attention to the stories all over the media about Texas A&M possibly moving to the SEC. So much for your point about the only conferences ready for expansion being the Big10 and BE.

Do some fact checking before you make allegations about lack of minorities. Here’s a comparison between BC and some of your favorite BE schools.

Per cent white students

BC 65

Uconn 63

Pitt 79

TCU 73 (your “elite” school)

Notre Dame 76

Louisville 79

West Virginia 87

BC does not have “delusions” of academic grandeur. They are in fact a top 40 school in both the Princeton Review and the US News and World rankings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Do you have sources for the BE activity, other than anonymous board postings?

That being said, I'm sure anything could happen over the next few years with so many conferences on unstable grounds.  You can hypothesize and fantasize all you want, but you need sources about any BC and ND secret meetings. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaygreg. Show fenwaygreg's posts

It appears secret meetings have taken place about reunion of BC in the Big East  with ND as a football member with separate revenues. It is part of the NBC negotiations taking place for a new contract. ESPN is also vying for the television deal. Another point of view in Big East boards. There are only two conferences left that will expand in college football in the near future. One is the Big 10 and the other is the Big East. The Big 10 added Nebraska while the BE added TCU, both elite football schools. The Big 10 prefers large land-grant schools with deep football tradition and stadiums exceeding 80,000 capacity. The Big East wants to be a more elite conference than the ACC on the east coast. Nationally, they were the 5th and 6th rated football conferences out of 12 major conferences. The only school that makes any sense for the BE is Boston College but BC stabbed the BE in the back and has delusions of academic grandeur that, other than it's Law School, are vastly overrated. They have maintained their "elite" academic standing by being highly selective. That means very few minorities as far as BC is concerned. They think the ACC is a better academic fit but in fact they are just a catholic fish in southern Protestant waters. Let them stay in their imaginary southern state of mind! As far as a Big East shakeup, it should start at the administrative level. First, that incompetent commissioner needs to be fired. Second, move BE conference headquarters to NYC. Third, add only ONE additional football school that has basketball star power. Being from NYC, I could care less about college football and if I wanted to see a traditional college game I would drive up to Fordham before I cross the bridge to Rutgers.
    Posted by jimreilly43

Funny post that may have had a shred of possibility two days ago, but, with what's about to happen in the SEC and the dominoes that will fall with the POac 10, Big 10 and SEC go 14 teams, the Big East will be crippled as a football conference.  If the big three conferences go 16, the ACC will become what the ACC was, a power bsketball conference with a couple of upstart football programs.  Remember, it's not about geography or has a better team on the field, but money, and money, most of the time, means adding TV sets.  The following is what I think will happen (assumes Texas will become independent to protect the Long Horn Network rather than join the Pac 10 and that BYU and Notre Dame will reamin independents):

14 Teams
    SEC adds Texas A&M and Missouri (Florida St. will get too much blowback from regional revalries).
    Big Ten adds Georgia Tech and Maryland
    Pac 10 adds Oklahoma and Texas Tech or OKlahoma St.
    ACC (down 2) adds Syracuse and Rutgers - I think they stay at 12 rather than dilute their pie more by adding UCONN and Pittsburgh which won't make up for what they give away.  ACC really won't want to add UCONN after leading the lawsuit, but probably will in a 16 team alignment.
    Big East football (7 remaining) adds Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Baylor, Texas Tech or Oklahoma St. (whoever Pac 10 leaves behind) - putting them at 12 for football and a championship game.  The 10 basketball-only programs break off.

16 Teams - would be crazy
    SEC adds Texas A&M, Missouri, Florida St. and Clemson
    Big 10 adds Maryland, Georgia Tech, Rutgers and Syracuse
    Pac 10 adds Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Texas Tech and TCU
    Crippled ACC adds Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, UCONN and (gulp) West Virginia to make 12.  If the ACC wants to go to 16 they would look at something like Kansas, Kansas St. Iowa and Baylor but I don't think it makes any sense and letting commuter schools like Cincinnati and Louisville in would be too much.
    Big East basketball only schools (and Cincinnati and Louisville?) form a basketball only conference.

BTW... when BC was with the Big East, they market their three premier academic instituation as Notre Dame, Georgetown and BC... so they thought that BC was a cut above Syracuse, Villanova, et al.  The college rating magazaine tend to think so, too.

Greg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This subject has me more than a little curious because it was mentioned that Florida State is said to be speaking too the SEC. If this were too happen the ACC would be weakened. Not saying that Gene D would jump (I'm sure there is still bitterness with the Big Least) but he would have to be concerned.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=florida+state+sec&qpvt=florida+state+sec&FORM=EWRE

Where there is smoke there usually is fire then followed with denial...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In Response to Re: BC back to the Big East?:
    This subject has me more than a little curious because it was mentioned that Florida State is said to be speaking too the SEC. If this were too happen the ACC would be weakened. Not saying that Gene D would jump (I'm sure there is still bitterness with the Big Least) but he would have to be concerned. http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=florida+state+sec&qpvt=florida+state+sec&FORM=EWRE Where there is smoke there usually is fire then followed with denial...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

FSU will go deep this year in a very weak ACC with Virginia, BC, Wake, Duke, UNC, and NCS. FSU will challange VT for the Orange Bowl. Makes since to have the the two big boys FSU & Florida in a dominating SEC Conference!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

add in the Texas  A&M rumor now that's a smoking Conference!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

add in the Texas  A&M rumor now that's a smoking Conference! Posted by postingking

If the SEC gets Clemson, FSU and Missouri (new to the rumor) to an already smoking conference yah that would cripple the ACC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

The future is coming and  Texas A+M is just the first tile.
    The will be  5  super conferences of 16 teams each   ..
    Pac - Mt. West - Midwest - Southern (Southeast) and Eastern.

Along with A+M (Houston Austin Dallas and San Antonio markets) the SEC is looking at TV markets -- Clemson and Florida State bring them little they don't already have ... A strong rumor here in Georgia is Virginia Tech jumping and a Florida school (FSU-Central (Orlando) or South (Tampa).  There are many possibilities for the 16th team.

Missouri  is not a good fit hisorically or geographically wth the SEC and will end up in a 16 team  Midwest  or Mountain West.. 

Texas- OU and Oklahoma State  will end up in the old Pac 10.

Where this leaves the Big East and BC (ACC) will be some sort of union..

The Super conferences will have post season championship games and will get some sort of automatic entry into the initial National Football Championship playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaygreg. Show fenwaygreg's posts

I don't think the PAC 10 will allow Texas to keep its Longhorn Network, which I imagine they are contractually obligated to at this point, UNLESS the picking are so slim among other candidates (i.e. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State decide to stay with Texas and they are looking at teams like Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas).

What if the Big East went to Notre Dame, BYU and Texas, allowed them to keep their individual deals and maybe let Oklahomao the same and built a16 team conference of mis-fits around them just to keep their relevance for the basketball franchise (i.e. the next likely move is that these 5 16 team superconference break away from the NCAA, that has always been the end game).

Greg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Big time football coming our way 'Cuse and Rutgers headed to the Big Ten with UCONN! Will make Foxboro a little more enjoyable with the PATS.

Breaking NCAA news: IOWA/UCONN are talking...  Kurt Ferentz is a Southern Connecticut boy and the Black & Gold Hawkeye Express Train is headed to CT! 

UCONN ROCKS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Beginning of the end for Flippo his worst nightmare ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Posted by jimreilly43

Does BC have an Engineering School, No; Does BC have a Medical School, No; Does BC have a quality Buniness School, No... Is BC delusional YES!

It appears UCONN and the 'Cuse are taking all the right measurers in selecting the Big Ten which appears eminent.  Hopefully, you all in the Northeast will have more than a Band Box to see big time College football. I will be at the UND/Michigan game on 9/10 with 110,000 super fans from all over the mid-west as it's all about tradition and storied football programs which UND plays win or lose. BTW: UND/UCONN SOLD OUT and it's in 2013!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gspBison. Show gspBison's posts

In Response to BC back to the Big East? : Does BC have an Engineering School, No; Does BC have a Medical School, No; Does BC have a quality Buniness School, No... Is BC delusional YES! It appears UCONN and the 'Cuse are taking all the right measurers in selecting the Big Ten which appears eminent.  Hopefully, you all in the Northeast will have more than a Band Box to see big time College football . I will be at the UND/Michigan game on 9/10 with 110,000 super fans from all over the mid-west as it's all about tradition and storied football programs which UND plays win or lose. BTW: UND /UCONN SOLD OUT and it's in 2013!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Does Our Lady have a medical school? No. Do they have a "quality Buniness School?" Yes, but who wants to study rabbits? "Delusional Fans? Our Lady has a lock on that; ask any Domer.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Where is confrmation of anything concerning      Rutgers-Syracuse and UConn going to big 10 ?

It would make sense for big 10    giving them  part of New England NY/NJ and upstate NY tv mmarkets. 

Pittsburg make more sense than UConn though ..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Where is confrmation of anything concerning      Rutgers-Syracuse and UConn going to big 10 ? It would make sense for big 10    giving them  part of New England NY/NJ and upstate NY tv mmarkets.  Pittsburg make more sense than UConn though ..
    Posted by jackyldo

UCONN man is dreaming ... It's PITT & 'Cuse to the Big Ten ... Sports Hub is reporting the SEC Commissioner has refrained and reserved options on any more team entries. However, what goes on behind closed doors is another matter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-satisfied-current-alignment-extend-invite-texas-am

Well believe what you want...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Does BC have a quality Buniness School, No... Posted by UofNDKing

BC Business School (Carroll) ranking = 34

ND Business School (Mendoza) ranking = 37

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings/page+2

Once again, this person is not a ND fan. This person is not a ND graduate. He seems to know nothing about Notre Dame.

This is someone who has never attended college and has a massive resentment against Boston College for some reason. So he has created multiple identities and rags on BC all the time.

None of his identities ever creates a new thread. He is not interested in talking about ND, he is only interesting in ripping on BC. Does that sound like any ND fan you know?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Who cares about all of the above? This year it's all about ANDREW LUCK the hype has already begun! Ride the train ESPN loves him, and he'll be the Heisman winner at the Downtown Athletic Club come December, not to mention an NFL first round selection. BB with two first round picks "use" got to take him!
    Posted by whr

Once again you prove that you are the least intelligent poster on this board. Your postings literally make no sense and relfect an intellectual level of a 12 year old. Yet you have been posting on these boards for around five years. What does that say? It says you have some kind of mental disablity.

Who the Heisman trophy winner will be (or the current front runner) is certainly an interesting topic. So, why don't you create a new thread on it? Oh, that's right. You don't understand how to create a new thread.

However, your assertion about Andrew Luck is a complete non sequitor.  Who will be the Heisman trophy winner has nothing to do with the future of conference expansion, which is the subject of this topic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

If the "NDKing" actually went there, he apparently received a very poor education.  "Bunniness" school?  "Eminent"?  Of course college football is big in South Bend - there is nothing else to do there, or in Storrs or Hartford,  contrastd with all the options people have in the Boston area

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HopVet. Show HopVet's posts

Actually "The King" may have some facts correct - the spelling errors are common to many here. Your USNews rankings are correct for the Graduate Schools (Carroll and Mendoza). Perhaps, he was looking at US News undergraduate (#14) or the BusinessWeek ranking. As far as the medical school, ND is affiliated with a branch of IU School of Medicine in South Bend. That is all in US. What any of this has to do with rejoining the Big East? Nothing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Back from steamy ATL and some great PGA watching to realize the ACC is no more. Yes skeptics who never leave the village of Boston the Atlanta media is welcoming FSU to the SEC with open arms! Jimbo Fisher wants it to happen. Obviously, we have not heard from the Longputter in all of this however, it appears BC is the odd boy out on the pig farm. Don't mess with Dixie crackers especially SEC Football!  As for the Big Time Football ... well UCONN/UND says it all before 70,000 in Foxboro. A kudo for the Kraft Group.
    Posted by whr

Did you enjoy retrieving range balls for the pros at the PGA?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts