BC Basketball

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: BC Basketball

Right now there are no good teams in uconn to duck.  however, we all still remember when he refused to play Umass and Callepari because he was too chicken to lose.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball:
    You don't have to be good, you just have to be good enough to be difficult, for Calhoun to duck you. The UMass thing is pretty old now.   More recently he refused to play Holy Cross  in one of the more spineless moves ever. Keep in mind as you read it that Ralph Willard was supposed to be a friend of Calhouns.  With friends like that... : http://www.telegram.com/article/20070927/NEWS/709270573/1009/SPORTS And he dumped Quinnipiac after many years of scheduling them, because they upgraded their program.  When he dropped UMass the last time around, after Lappas was fired (and coincidently right after UMass beat UConn) he said it would free up the schedule so he could play Rhode Island again.   UConn has played URI over 150 times, they are each others most played rivaly.  So it sounded like a valid move.  Only problem was the words came out of a guy who is a liar.  Houston we have a problem,  URI is  not a pushover either, so that rivalry has not been resumed. It will not happen, not while Calhoun is in charge and RI is semi-decent. Saying one thing and doing another is a UConn tradition, apparently. I give you the Bozo ju Jour as evidence, although in Bozo's defense he may just not have much going on upstairs. That wouldn't be his fault. Calhoun is a winner, but he is not an honorable man.  Little wonder that the college coaching fraternity can't stand him, nor does anyone else outside of Storrs.  In that respect he does resemble John Calipari quite a bit.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

Do not understand your rants? Comparing UCONN & Kentucky and then puting BC in the same sentence?  We are delusional! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Right now there are no good teams in uconn to duck.  however, we all still remember when he refused to play Umass and Callepari because he was too chicken to lose.
    Posted by momort

Learn how to spell Calapari right before you critique his brand of success there Aldolph Rupp!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

It will take time with this team, but remember that the Curley, Huckaby, Eisley, Abram team was 11-19 as freshmen and made it to the final 8 by the time they were seniors, with the key addition of freshman Danya Abrams. Also, BC lost 2 transfers when Skinner was let go. Evan Ravenal, who would be a senior, is coming off the bench for Ohio State, and Brady Heslip, who would be a junior, is starting for Baylor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeb330. Show mikeb330's posts

I think it's gonna be a long, long year. How long does Coach D get to turn sh*t into champagne?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcb4doug. Show bcb4doug's posts

I attended the BC-HC game at the DCU on Friday. The German kid was the only thing I had read about the team and he didn't play. It was embarassing. I know there are 9 freshmen, but except for the tiny point guard, and maybe the 7 footer, I didn't see any legit D1 talent, never mind ACC quality athletes. You can't coach up inferior talent to compete in the ACC. This team is going to take some serious poundings.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Learn how to spell Calapari right before you critique his brand of success there Aldolph Rupp!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Priceless!!!
    I swear some of the stupid **** that gets posted here makes me believe this whole board is a bad joke perpetrated by boston.com.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Do not understand your rants? Comparing UCONN & Kentucky and then puting BC in the same sentence?  We are delusional! 
    Posted by UofNDKing

I didn't see BC in that sentence; if you did please enlighten the non-paranoid in the crowd

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think it's gonna be a long, long year. How long does Coach D get to turn sh*t into champagne?
    Posted by mikeb330

I think any college coach should get at least four years before they're fired for a win loss record. it's not really their team until then. BC having this heavy of a turnover so quickly might actually help coach D out since it'll be his guys playing together as a unit. Obviously it'll take time, and they'll get spanked most of the year, but you aren't bringing in those Calipari type freshman at BC either...at least not yet. Who knows down the line, but i don't see it happening. BC doesn't want to be a 1 and done school, which can really hurt a basketball program.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball : If they don't I'll be worried.   And after watching them go stone cold for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half their last game I'm no longer as confident about a big win.  But yes, a win.   Seems odd, with UMass coming off a 20 point win and BC off a 20 loss, but the Minutemen looked as bad as ever during that scoring drought and BC is only getting better the more games they get under their belts. 
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

SLIM, yeh, what I meant was UMass would beat them by 15 in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half...yes, that's it, that's what I meant. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Learn how to spell Calapari right before you critique his brand of success there Aldolph Rupp!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Oh, I'm sorry dear post board leader UND King.  I will feel bad that a chicken sh*t who refuses to engage in a conversation about ND football being the joke of the country each season giving me grief because I misspelled a name in a internet post I typed in 15 seconds....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts