BC Bowl Better Than UCONN's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Re: BC Bowl Better Than UCONN's

In Response to Re: BC Bowl Better Than UCONN's:
    once again, I have to repeat the obvious.  Go to a great school in a world class city, or, go to a great school in a sh*t town, in the middle of a corn field. ummm, no brainer!
    Posted by southernfriedeagle

"Great School" is a brain washed Jesse James comment. Numerous schools in Boston far superior to Blovite College.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajcvt64. Show ajcvt64's posts

Sun Bowl:  convicts vs. cover ups

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

UConn is a joke, they have only sold 4500 of their 17500 mandated ticket allotment. UCon is a national embarrassment and thier making the Big East look horrible.
    Posted by Daisycutter

2000 more than Bumbling College

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

@screennamegoes: needs a reality check ... a sit down session with Mike Felger on BC being a non entity Nationally, especially down in Dixie!   
    Posted by 82ndAB

But Fleger is just another jealous pundit who's  bitter because BU dropped football and baseball.   C'mon, though I enjoy following BC sports, additionally I love all local university athletic programs, no need to belittle one for the benefit of another. 
    While on the subject, though it's difficult to understand why anyone really cares which bowl is better, Fiesta is a superior assignment.  This year however, both bowls are unimportant on the grand scale of NCAA sports.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

First, I am surprised Longputter hasn't come into this thread and ruined it with his bombast. JBQ I disagree with your assessment that BC is regressing under Frank Spaziani. Had Joe Boisture not decommited after JAGS was fired, BC might actually have been 10-2 being run by a 4 star phenom, instead BC did back into a bowl and Boisture will languish behind upperclassmen at MSU for the foreseeable future. However BC did have a decent Defensive season with a sophomore All American that was recruited by Spas, and a run D that was #2 in the country. This past recruiting season was probably BC's best in my memory. BC's future for the next couple of years looks good. Finding a more imaginative offense would help.
    82ndAB, thank you for everything, but I wonder if you aren't a little extra biased due to the Other Division. That said, you are generally correct, BC is a Non-entity, Nationally, in football but that is true of 100 other FBS schools. Other than a handful of perennial powers, no-one else has a shot at the BCS Championship and therefore ever becoming relevant. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

A free food bowl better than a BCS Bowl? Get off whatever you're taking and get your head out of where the sun doesn't shine

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

BC football is in really good shape.  They has something like 24 freshman and sophmores on the team this year, many of whom played and played well.  In today's news they signed a top 10 dback who was gonig to Miami but changed his mind and chose BC instead.  Penn State was also in the running.  We have a solid D and a QB who looks every bit the part.  Its going to be a fun next 3-4 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJT65. Show CJT65's posts

Let's not kid ourselves. 

1.  Rettig is better than Boisture.

2.  Rettig came in a semester early and was as ready as any true freshman could have been. 

3.  If your argument is about QBs not helping BC get to 10-2 then the problems were Spaz playing Shinskie for the first few games and screwing everyone and Spaz screwing up the OLine, which got Rettig injured early vs. ND, which was winnable.  It took Spaz weeks to figure out he should put his line back the way it should have been and to play the best QB and not Shinskie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Agreed on numbers 2 & 3 and especially about Shinskie who seemed talented but did struggle.  Unsure of #1 because we have little to judge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

I fully agree on the coaching staff starting Shinskie, he was barely able to set up under center and still screwed that up once. As far as Boisture and Rettig, We will probably never know, because Rettig will be the BC QB for the next 3 years while Boisture may never make it on to the field at MSU. However, I think Boisture might have been given the nod early on because of 4 star perception, and would have been better than Shinskie, even with only a month in the program. He would have been responsible for less turnovers and that would have put BC in the VT and ND games and won both the FSU and MD games. NC ST was just too imposing with Wilson at QB for any BC QB to have made a difference, though the score would have far less lopsided.
    I seriously doubt that Spaz made he O-line and QB decisions. He is a Defense coach and knows it. Those decisions were all Tranquil. Now that the Fridge is out at Maryland, I wonder if he might be available for Offensive coordinator, as his offenses were always good, and he turned some mediocre QB's into weapons.
    As I stated in I think BC has a very strong future with it's young squad this year and it's outstanding (for BC) recruiting year. With three strong backs,(Kimble will be special I think) outstanding ends, strong O line and improved WRs (especially with Larmond back next year) and Rettig not only a year more experienced but pushed by another good QB from this crop, I see a strong offense complimenting an Outstanding D to give BC s strong shot at a BCS bowl next year and winning it. 
    BC will be a top 10 team the next few seasons but like TCU, will be blocked from a shot at a National Championship because the SEC will still get a virtually automatic bid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

BC football is in really good shape.  They has something like 24 freshman and sophmores on the team this year, many of whom played and played well.  In today's news they signed a top 10 dback who was gonig to Miami but changed his mind and chose BC instead.  Penn State was also in the running.  We have a solid D and a QB who looks every bit the part.  Its going to be a fun next 3-4 years.
    Posted by momort

High school D Backs a dime a dozen. Good college D Backs are good high school wide receivers who can't catch the faster ball in college. He probably didn't academics for Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Let's not kid ourselves.  1.  Rettig is better than Boisture. 2.  Rettig came in a semester early and was as ready as any true freshman could have been.  3.  If your argument is about QBs not helping BC get to 10-2 then the problems were Spaz playing Shinskie for the first few games and screwing everyone and Spaz screwing up the OLine, which got Rettig injured early vs. ND, which was winnable.  It took Spaz weeks to figure out he should put his line back the way it should have been and to play the best QB and not Shinskie.
    Posted by CJT65

UConn the far superior team in New England.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJT65. Show CJT65's posts

"However, I think Boisture might have been given the nod early on because of 4 star perception"

Are you serious with this?  Come on.  Seriously, the talk about stars is ridiculous.  Boisture was #18 and Rettig #21 on the rivals charts.  5.7 vs. 5.8, the difference between the highest three-star (Rettig) and the lowest 4-star (Boisture).  Both were All-Americans. 

And seriously, you think the staff is playing guys based on recruiting stars handed out by pedofreaks from rivals and scout?  Sorry, but that's ridiculous.  I won't go into the myriad of 3-star guys that play more than 4-star guys (Will Thompson for one).  Rettig was STILL higher rated by rivals than Shinskie but that wasn't good enough because he was a few spots away from another star?  Seriously...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJT65. Show CJT65's posts

Sorry, I know having a serious conversation about sports is not fun for you and your broad brush generalization MO. 

Get working on that resolution list for 2011, bagelboy.  If you want to do something other than play WOW and work at Wendy's, you're going to have to work for it.  Remember what Dean Wormer said to Dorfman? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

googleboy, are you giving him grief because he's talking about BC on a BC blog?  Really?  If you don't like BC and don't want to discuss them, THEN LEAVE!  Go read something else you nitwit.  Your post was pointless and juvenile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

Was it just me or did anyone else get a feeling of Deja Vu watching Dominique Davis cough up a couple of interceptions in a bowl? After Dunbar's late hit on Ryan, how awkward is that class reunion going to be?

I concede the point that stars is almost meaningless, see Ryan, but Boisture being in the BC fold would have made starting Shinskie far less urgent and might very well have allowed the staff to lift the red shirt much earlier on one of the Frosh. All things being equal, the 4 star perception would have been Boisture's self image and that swagger probably would have been the difference. 

In any event, Rettig is the man now and I am comfortable with him under center not only going into next season but also on the 9th against Nevada. I am happy to see several RB's available to take some of the load off of Harris, and I hope they rest him for the game. He and Williams should make an awesome tandum next year, if Tranquil can use some immagination and make use of them properly. I can see BC averaging 200 YPG on the ground with both threats on the field, with significant outlet action for the passing game. This single RB stupidity is what got Harris hurt and cost the Eagles 50-100 YPG and put too much pressure on young QBs in any event. An old T style backfield with frequent shifts would at least give Rettig better looks at the D. But, even though Tranquil has been hamstrung in his ability to run more complicated packages, I wonder just how immaginative he really is. The O looked like there was little thought given to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

Nevada-34....BC-17

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJT65. Show CJT65's posts

"All things being equal, the 4 star perception would have been Boisture's self image and that swagger probably would have been the difference."

HA.  OKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.  Rettig doesn't have that swagger and self image because he was ranked 3 spots down from Boisture and that is why Spaz would have started Boisture instead of Shinskie but wouldn't do it with Rettig.  Hahahaha.  Some of you folks live in an alternate reality.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Big East making ACC look like Pop Warner teams in Bowl Games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

"The only stat that counts

Kraft Bowl payout: $750,000
    Fiesta Bowl payout: $17,000,000"

A sad commentary on priorities. . . . .  what guides your life?  Nuff said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

"CJT65.... please get on with your life and have some of that meatloaf for lunch!  Be concerned about your future, as no matter who BC recruits, BC will always be bridesmaids! Enjoy the New Year in that spruced up basement apartment!"

Words of wisdom from another student turned down at the gates of BC at admissions time.  Don't worry, i'm sure that ITT Tech degree will pay big rewards in the future.  Did your old man ever really confide in you how disappointed he was in you? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boobryan. Show boobryan's posts

No Bowl can be " better " when your team can't score an offensive touchdown for 3 quarters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stookey57. Show stookey57's posts

are you drunk, i would much rather play in the tostidos fiesta bowl on new years night. there is no team in the acc who can play with texas christian and its not texas catholic lol.
    how did VT do against stanford lol, uconn  was much more competitive in their game at least they made it interesting.
     i think both teams lost by 28..
    a former bc fan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Long-putter. Show Long-putter's posts

uconn fans are getting desparate, the rest of us are now drunks.

your team got beat so bad that everyone is leaving - time to head back to 1-AA

Sections
Shortcuts