BC Drops UMass from schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

BC Drops UMass from schedule

Just as UMass is finally getting good again, BC decides they don't want to play us anymore. One more quality non-conference opponent gone from the schedule. I'd hate to have Northeastern as an annual fixture instead.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule

Oh not again, who ticked off GDF this time?  He had a couple more bourbons and tinkered with the schedule again?   Luckily, they're in the same hockey league so he can't cancel them so easily...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

BC's AD: Just plain gutless  .... who are they going to add in UM's place? Nichols or Anna Maria be looking for a good payday!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

This is stupid. BC should have kept UMass on the schedule and gotten rid of URI. MUCH rather see us play the minuteman instead of rhody. 

I think that a consistent BC-UMass rivalry would be a great thing in-state

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

Love BC Interruption, but a couple of the guys there are being kinda snobbish about this whole ordeal. i apologize on behalf of BC

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule:
    GDF is a petty guy and this speaks volumes where he thinks BC hoops will be going.  He has essentially eliminated any local team who will spank them and kept what should be easier games but who knows with these BC teams with very little talent.  GDF is an embarassment to BC and I expect nothing less from him now.  BC alumni need to step up and get this guy out of power.  BC (hockey aside) is a national joke and this only adds fuel to the fires.
    Posted by Donnnn

This time, for one of the few times, I agree with you Donnnn: UConn, UMASS and BC should be the class of New England. The AD's of all three schools should knock off this petty baloney and play each other every year, in evrey sport.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

This is stupid. BC should have kept UMass on the schedule and gotten rid of URI. MUCH rather see us play the minuteman instead of rhody.  I think that a consistent BC-UMass rivalry would be a great thing in-state
    Posted by chitown chicity

Agreed Chi - what sorta revenues StonyBrook going to bring in? IF UMass beats BC in football, will GDF find a way to weasel our of those committments too? You guys have a sad, sad state of affairs up there on Chestnut Hill!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Can we all agree how much BC sucks and is not worthy of our comments for a brief while all antagonists?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Just another in a long line of mistakes from BC's AD.  In the short term this doesn't hurt UMass at all. Quite the opposite as BC was the 4th worst team, RPI-wise, that the Minutemen played all year.  The game wasn't competitve this season, and next doesn't look any better for the Eagles.  So while us UMass fans will miss the game, I never got the impression that the Eagles gave two sheets about it.  Beyond the Duke and UNC games, they don't care much about basketball anyway. UMass needs a couple of true BCS teams on the schedule next year. So what if it means travel and possible or likely losses,  it's time to move past the all cupcake diet and this is as good a place as any to start.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

Then we could condider BC is nothing about nothing, and would crave to be in the National spot light as Kentucky which will never happen? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Can we all agree how much BC sucks and is not worthy of our comments for a brief while all antagonists?
    Posted by postingking

No quit - I think we all want to know in which direction BC is headed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

basketball + Football+ Baseball + Lacrosse = Zero Point Zero in $$$$ programs ... that means BC sucks! Certainly, no Stanford, #3 ranked in NCAA Swimming.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule : Then let me re-think my argument as you are not known for clear thought or rationale.  You still belong on Ignore though.  bye loth
    Posted by Donnnn

Guess it was misguided trying to agree with you .. keep me on ignore, please.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

LO can it be put to rest, all things considered that Northeast Football is irrelevant, and no team will ever see a BCS Chamiopship in your life time.

Think positive the PATS first round draft choice. From UCONN, and a beast at Defensive End!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

LO can it be put to rest, all things considered that Northeast Football is irrelevant, and no team will ever see a BCS Chamiopship in your life time.   Think positive the PATS first round draft choice. From UCONN, and a beast at Defensive End!
    Posted by cheeroh

Then why does anyone play? Must be something if UCon has moved up and UMASS is making the move or were UVM< BU & NU the smart ones for dropping it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CThuskies. Show CThuskies's posts

If BC wants to isolate themselves, UConn and UMass should let them.  In football, UConn, UMass and BC all suffer from underexposure.  If UConn and UMass resume the "U Game" on the gridiron instead of the hardwood, it helps both schools get the eye of potential recruits as well as overshadow BC in football in the northeast.  However, I can see why BC avoids UConn in football (nothing to gain and everything to lose).  If UConn and BC squared off in football this year, I would bet that UConn would win (and take the title of kings of New England football - which will happen for UConn at some point).  If UMass is ever in the Big East, though, they may take that title due to local recruiting (high school football talent is better in MA than CT).  Either way, I see a day where both UConn and UMass are better then BC in football.

That said, I can see how UConn would still not want to play UMass annually in basketball (as UConn doesn't need additional exposure since they already have an enormous media following and storied history).  In UConn's case in hoop, there really is nothing to gain and something to lose (the same cannot be said of BC, as BC hoop doesn't get much exposure or have a winning history).  BC should be playing UMass in hoop.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkelly1984. Show mkelly1984's posts

BC is a joke. Just when UMass starts getting good, BC makes up some lame excuse to stop playing them. Same thing that UConn did when we embarassed them a few years back. I hate the politics in the NCAA. UConn, UMass and BC should be playing each other every year in every sport regardless of who wins and who losses. (Trust me as a UMass fan I've seen my share of loses and I think its time for Umass to get some of the glory and attention that comes with winning).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Notre Dame is among future UMass foes in football! Great article about UMASS and  big time football coming to Foxboro ... say good bye rust belt pioneers to Alumni Statium (UMAINE, Stony Brook) and feast your eyes on Michigan, Kansas State, and Bill Petersen, Colorado, Wisconsin. Now you can put BC in the back burner where it belongs in athletics. While BC plays Rosary Bead State, UMASS will be in the Big House and that's all that matters $$$$$$!!!!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Love BC Interruption, but a couple of the guys there are being kinda snobbish about this whole ordeal. i apologize on behalf of BC
    Posted by chitown chicity

No need to apologize Cardinal Shaun O'Malley has already apologized for the past sins over there at the Hill, and beyond!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

BC is a joke. Just when UMass starts getting good, BC makes up some lame excuse to stop playing them. Same thing that UConn did when we embarassed them a few years back. I hate the politics in the NCAA. UConn, UMass and BC should be playing each other every year in every sport regardless of who wins and who losses. (Trust me as a UMass fan I've seen my share of loses and I think its time for Umass to get some of the glory and attention that comes with winning).
    Posted by mkelly1984

Mkelly:

Did you see the FB schedule that Umass just released.  It confirms BC/Umass FB games for 2014, 2016, and 2018.  This continues the scheduling of BC/Umass FB games - I think they have played twice in the past 4 or 5 years.

I disagree with BC putting the Umass BB games on hold for the the near-term, however, I think it is only for the near-term and will be back on the schedule eventually. 

To the Uconn fans who have criticized BC in this thread, I simply ask why Uconn has not regularly scheduled Umass in either hoops or FB - especially when this game would be a more natural pairing than Umass/BC (both flagship state universities with both campuses closer to each other than either to BC). I  believe Umass and Uconn will play each other in FB this year for the first time since Uconn moved up to FBS.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no follow up game scheduled.

Frankly, for Uconn fans to criticize BC for this is a bit hypocritical, no?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule : Mkelly: Did you see the FB schedule that Umass just released.  It confirms BC/Umass FB games for 2014, 2016, and 2018.  This continues the scheduling of BC/Umass FB games - I think they have played twice in the past 4 or 5 years. I disagree with BC putting the Umass BB games on hold for the the near-term, however, I think it is only for the near-term and will be back on the schedule eventually.  To the Uconn fans who have criticized BC in this thread, I simply ask why Uconn has not regularly scheduled Umass in either hoops or FB - especially when this game would be a more natural pairing than Umass/BC (both flagship state universities with both campuses closer to each other than either to BC). I  believe Umass and Uconn will play each other in FB this year for the first time since Uconn moved up to FBS.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no follow up game scheduled. Frankly, for Uconn fans to criticize BC for this is a bit hypocritical, no?
    Posted by Eagle78

Keep playing UMAINE and Stony Brook big guy in that sand box there off of Reservoir ... you'll get far in the FBS!

UND renewed their committment with the University of Texas .. anywhere anyplace!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In response to "Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule":
    In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule : Keep playing UMAINE and Stony Brook big guy in that sand box there off of Reservoir ... you'll get far in the FBS ! UND renewed their committment with the University of Texas .. anywhere anyplace ! Posted by UofNDKing
    OK, now that you've finished your usual anti-BC rant, tell me what part of my post is inaccurate?. I won't hold my beath waiting for you to answer this question.

Sections
Shortcuts