BC Drops UMass from schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule

In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule": OK, now that you've finished your usual anti-BC rant, tell me what part of my post is inaccurate?. I won't hold my beath waiting for you to answer this question.
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

While I agree that UCONN fans should take care of their own issues not giving UMASS a place on a schedule, I (as a BC fan) am somewhat mystified by the BC move to drop UMASS. Things at BC are going to improve; Coach Donahue is a good man and given time he is going to do a great job at BC. In the meantime let's play UMASS, PC, Holy Cross, Fairfield, BU, Harvard....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule : Keep playing UMAINE and Stony Brook big guy in that sand box there off of Reservoir ... you'll get far in the FBS ! UND renewed their committment with the University of Texas .. anywhere anyplace !
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Gipper, let me remind you that in the last 17 meetings between UofND and BC, the Eagles are 9-8. Also, the Eagles are 3-2 in the last 5 meetings with Touchdown Jesus overseeing the festivities in South Bend. The South Benders are not scheduled to face Texas until 2015 in South Bend. Anywhere, anyplace, as long as it's your place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkelly1984. Show mkelly1984's posts

Eagle 78, my post was regarding BC basketball dropping Umass basketball from its schedule. Of course BC is going to schedule UMass for football. Umass football is in a rebuilding process and wont be good for some a while. I think that BC basketball showed they were cowards when they didnt schedule UMass but that is typical for BC athletics. All smoke and mirrors

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

[QUOTE]Notre Dame is among future UMass foes in football! Great article about UMASS and  big time football coming to Foxboro ... say good bye rust belt pioneers to Alumni Statium (UMAINE, Stony Brook) and feast your eyes on Michigan, Kansas State, and Bill Petersen, Colorado, Wisconsin. Now you can put BC in the back burner where it belongs in athletics. While BC plays Rosary Bead State, UMASS will be in the Big House and that's all that matters $$$$$$!!!!!!  
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Games at Notre Dame, Florida, Penn State, Michigan, Vandy, and Colorado. Didn't some UMass fans want to saty at the FCS level and play such National Powers as Central Connecticut and Towson? Charlie Molnar is doing a damn good job at scheduling, something Derek Kellogg can learn from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Drops UMass from schedule : Games at Notre Dame, Florida, Penn State, Michigan, Vandy, and Colorado. Didn't some UMass fans want to saty at the FCS level and play such National Powers as Central Connecticut and Towson? Charlie Molnar is doing a damn good job at scheduling, something Derek Kellogg can learn from.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

I just hope Charlie can find the money to power this engine -- I wonder what the volume of new ticket sales for UMass/Foxboro is. How much of it is going to come from being the dumped chumps at ND, PSU and the like ... Towson and CCu are powers, just at a different level and belittleing them serves no purpose whatsoever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

[QUOTE]I think Umass fans can almost thank BC for dropping them as pummeling a hapless BC team would not do anything for their RPI except maybe hurt it.  I would see this is a sign from GDF that he has NO faith in this team and coach. it is odd that the only time BC sells out the place is when they play a good local team yet GDF is running away from doing that.  Very sad what is going on at The Heights. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

the only time BBall has sold out the past few years is for Duke or North Carolina save for the one this year vs Harvard. Its just been the two big ACC teams that draw crowds normally

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UMass to visit Penn State in 2014!

KUDOS UMASS! AND, YES BC IS A JOKE... STONY BROOK OR PSU?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Don

I agree with you on the football; teams that do this mainly do it for the money.  for all intents and purposes they are a D1AA team for the next few years so teams like ND and PS don't have much to fear

As a taxpayer, this is the educational equivalent of the Big Dig.  There are few enough programs in D1 that are self-supporting in football and without a major contract the MAC won't have a lot to dish out.  The MA taxpayer will be called upon to subsidize all the costs to upgrade, including the increased coaching salaries.  Also, how many students will make the 90 mile trip to root on UMASS for the next few years.  how about the upgrade at McGuirk?  Will the program cover the costs to increase and improve that facilities as well as those needed to attract d1 players.  The only sugar daddy who can do this is the citizenry of the Commonwealth.

Unlike BC, John Harrington ain't walking through that door any time soon

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Did anyone else think that the season ticket count at McGuirk Stadium would have been a lot more then 2,200?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone else think that the season ticket count at McGuirk Stadium would have been a lot more then 2,200?
    Posted by cp77[/QUOTE]

No suprised by that number at all - in fact it's higher than I thought. My season tix at UMASS were in the premium section, but bunches of what I call corporate seats around me were mosty empty - part of the "priority point" scheme to get better seats for BB. Started with the Cal & Camby days and is being continued to Gilette. It's a great deal if your corporate and can use it as a  tax write-off, but as a former (1969-2011) season ticket holder, I just can't compete - money gets better seats, loyalty and longevity gets you squat!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone else think that the season ticket count at McGuirk Stadium would have been a lot more then 2,200?
    Posted by cp77[/QUOTE]

Will also be interested to se if the UMASS AD divulges seat counts for the Gilette move and/or how many season ticket holders didn't make the move. For the sake of the university, I hope lots of grads in the Metro area pick up what I've dropped.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

BC is to be compared to the Red Sox losers in all things considered important. BC programs in athletics in the ACC is joke ... take a hard look at their women's program, another athletic joke of female ineptness in the ACC!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

UMASS season ticket sales well do well, thank you Bob Kraft!