BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

I can't help but notice all the hate from UConn fans aimed toward Boston College.  First let me say, I've always liked UConn.  Especially when BC used to play them in football every year.  It was always nice to get that one "gimme" win where BC would pound UConn to the tune of about 40 to 7 year in and year out.  Its sad that UConn had to sue BC, and now BC doesnt get to have their way with UConn on the field.  But it still begs the question, why are UConn fans so bitter at BC?  You can see it in every abnoxious, repetitive, thoughtless, posting.  UConn grads are clearly not hard work at their entry level fast food management jobs.  They are spending their time on the BC blogs.  You all know those few usernames I am talking about, the ones you read for a couple of weeks before hitting ignore. Well, the inner turmoil distracting these fast food superstars, is that they know their programs are going nowhere. Especially now that the ACC snubbed them.
    With the flight from the BE, to stay would be a death sentence. Which explains why UConn's programs, even basketball, are doomed. They may have a couple of years of national relevance in basketball. But watch as they decline over the next five years. What recruit will want to go to UConn when the top teams have left. With the departure of Syracuse and Pitt, UConn's program will sadly fade. This has no impact on their football program which has never truly made it to division one status. I wish it had, but lets be honest here.   A doormat they've been in football, and a doormat they will continue to be.  UConn's choices are to somehow get into the ACC, which is unlikely, to join another conference half way across the country, or to stay in BE and slowly decline. The angst of these UConn posters is based on the fact that they have already seen the best their programs will ever have to offer. Let them be upset in their postings. They've earned it.  The next decade is going to be a rough time for them as they watch the Big East implode and the better recruits choose the safe bet and head to more stable conferences.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

Donn, I wouldn't go overboard about UConn football if I were you. They were 5-7 this year, and that included wins over powerhouses Fordham (1-10) and Buffalo (3-9) as well as non-conference losses to Vandy (6-6) and Iowa State (6-6). As far as finishing "usually middle of the pack" in the Big East, they were third from the bottom of that pack, beating out South Florida and Syracuse.
    Also, there are over 60 NCAA Div. 1 hockey teams, including UConn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOCT. Show KOCT's posts

Lighten up dudes.  New England college sports will always be small beer. 
    That's not such a bad thing.  Enjoy what you have, when you have it and be glad your Universities produce more than some NBA and NFL players.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Great thread so far.

But don't worry Uconn fans, you should make more BCS bowls as you only have to beat the likes of Navy to get there. 

2015 Sugar Bowl, a 6-6 Uconn team losses 66-3 to a 11-1 Oklahoma team.  And Uconn fans around the country brag that "at least we made a BCS bowl..."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Aug. 23, 2011

Storrs, Conn. - In February 2011, the University of Connecticut men’s basketball program was penalized for infractions of NCAA regulations. The violations in our case related to improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, unethical conduct, and some secondary violations. The University self-imposed some penalties and the NCAA Committee on Infractions added others.

The penalties currently being served by the Men’s Basketball program include the suspension of the head coach for three conference games during the 2011-12 season, scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years’ probation (until February 21, 2014). The University of Connecticut values the principles of the NCAA and is fully committed to running a program of impeccable integrity and excellence in all aspects of its athletics program.

Note: The loss of 3 scholarships this year was no problem for the Huskies, since they contrived a way to admit Andre Drummond as a "walk-on." What a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn:
    [QUOTE]Aug. 23, 2011 Storrs, Conn. - In February 2011, the University of Connecticut men’s basketball program was penalized for infractions of NCAA regulations. The violations in our case related to improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, unethical conduct, and some secondary violations. The University self-imposed some penalties and the NCAA Committee on Infractions added others. The penalties currently being served by the Men’s Basketball program include the suspension of the head coach for three conference games during the 2011-12 season, scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years’ probation (until February 21, 2014). The University of Connecticut values the principles of the NCAA and is fully committed to running a program of impeccable integrity and excellence in all aspects of its athletics program. Note: The loss of 3 scholarships this year was no problem for the Huskies, since they contrived a way to admit Andre Drummond as a "walk-on." What a joke.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

[QUOTE]Aug. 23, 2011 Storrs, Conn. - In February 2011, the University of Connecticut men’s basketball program was penalized for infractions of NCAA regulations. The violations in our case related to improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, unethical conduct, and some secondary violations. The University self-imposed some penalties and the NCAA Committee on Infractions added others. The penalties currently being served by the Men’s Basketball program include the suspension of the head coach for three conference games during the 2011-12 season, scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years’ probation (until February 21, 2014). The University of Connecticut values the principles of the NCAA and is fully committed to running a program of impeccable integrity and excellence in all aspects of its athletics program. Note: The loss of 3 scholarships this year was no problem for the Huskies, since they contrived a way to admit Andre Drummond as a "walk-on." What a joke.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]
    It's a UConn press release saying we're sorry for being bad, but mostly for getting caught. Is that simple enough for you? Were there too many big words in the press release?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : It's a UConn press release saying we're sorry for being bad, but mostly for getting caught. Is that simple enough for you? Were there too many big words in the press release?

Good work indians1944 and stay with us for a while!

Pointing out the stupidity of the BC haters on this message board can be a good time waster.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : maybe so but I can guarantee it will be better than BC being a constant doormat in an ACC league that is just as poor as the Big East.   So please enjoy your BC 2015 football season W-  BC beats school of the blind 17-10 W-  BC beats Kent State 7-0 W-  BC beats Norhwestern Michigan 3-0 W-  BC beats Upper Creek Falls 14-7 L-   BC loses to Vtech 60-3 L-   BC loses to Miami 45-3 L-   BC loses to Maryland 21-0 etc.... The cherry on the cake is BC loses in the Anna's Taqueria/Sullivan Tire Bowl to Northeastern 28-7
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

You mean that same Miami team BC spanked this season.  Funny how a "constant doormat" was a team that recently went to two ACC champ games.  And one of the reasons the bowls they go to are so bad is because they get passed over.  So instead of the 2nd ACC bowl they get the 4th or 5th because they don't travel.  It's the crappiness of the bowl system and not the quality of the team that gets them there....but you would be too glib to see that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Hey all!  Just checking in.  Wow!  What a fervor!  You have that one guy Donnn who is quite incensed but also believes that UConn football is going to beat Alabama in the title game next year as well as believing that UConn academics is surpassing BC.  No response obviously needed, but interesting to see those rose colored lenses.  Then you have that Cheeroh guy.  I think he’s a young one who hasn’t quite learned to read or put together sentences yet, but he’s getting there he can at least put together the words UConn and moron.  Then you have WHR, he is clearly the bitter old man in the group who graduated from UConn but pretends he doesn’t care about either school.  Lastly, you have this 82ndAB guy who doesn’t add much of anything to any debate on any thread.  These are just some of those postings that I was referring to when I started this thread.  I’m glad I could rely on those “super stars” to prove me right and add their intelligent responses. 

Now, here is my take on UConn.  I’m going to specifically address the “we think we’re really good and someday we’ll be better than you argument.”  UConn is a state school with marginal academics, a marginal football program, and a very good basketball program.  The students who attend mostly hail from the great state of Connecticut.  Connecticut is one of the wealthiest states per capita in the country.  Bottom line, what are UConn grads?  For the most part they are the whiny, spoiled whelp of wealthy parents (probably educated in Boston) who couldn’t do well enough themselves to get into a better school.  They have an inferiority complex toward BC in both academics and sports, though not specifically in basketball.  In basketball, they have done exceedingly well which has tipped their perspective and given them unrealistic hopes for the future.  That fragile hope was threatened this year, UConn football played terribly, its basketball program was punished, and the BE has realigned with one last death gasp in a preposterous attempt at self-preservation.  UConn fans are feeling scared and jealous of BC.  I think its fairly common knowledge among BC fans and UConn fans alike that BC will have a much better year in football, and UConn, well, they will be the same UConn (if they’re lucky and don’t decline). 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : Typical BC guy who is projecting his inadequacies in going to BC and not a better school onto Uconn.  Where did I say Uconn football would play in a national title football game?  Hoops?  yes, this is a common occurrence as uconn has won 3 times in 12 years.  As for football, Pasq is a wasted hire but BC is a sinking ship in all things sports related so I'd rather be associated with uconn than BC.   As for you judging most of the Uconn grads, I would definitely say your weak categorization is more a reflection of the BC student body than Uconn.  Take a walk through BC and you see the khaki shorts, pink shirts with popped collar and penny loafers.  You won't find that silly look at Uconn.   have you even been to a uconn game?  you'd know how offbase you are if you actually went to a uconn game but you may have trouble getting a ticket because uconn is a solid sports program so go click on the upper right to pay $5 for a BC ticket... CRM, look at your posting and tell me who is afraid of the big bad wolf to the south of west and south of Mass?  You sound scared and you also know Uconn will be a better school academically soon enough and sports wise, Uconn surpassed BC LONG ago......
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Donn, most of what you said may be right, or not far off base.  But to compare BC academics to Unconn is a joke.  Not even close.  BC, private school that only take cream of the crop students.  Uconn state school that anyone can get into.

Come on man, don't say such stupid things.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : Typical BC guy who is projecting his inadequacies in going to BC and not a better school onto Uconn.  Where did I say Uconn football would play in a national title football game?  Hoops?  yes, this is a common occurrence as uconn has won 3 times in 12 years.  As for football, Pasq is a wasted hire but BC is a sinking ship in all things sports related so I'd rather be associated with uconn than BC.   As for you judging most of the Uconn grads, I would definitely say your weak categorization is more a reflection of the BC student body than Uconn.  Take a walk through BC and you see the khaki shorts, pink shirts with popped collar and penny loafers.  You won't find that silly look at Uconn.   have you even been to a uconn game?  you'd know how offbase you are if you actually went to a uconn game but you may have trouble getting a ticket because uconn is a solid sports program so go click on the upper right to pay $5 for a BC ticket... CRM, look at your posting and tell me who is afraid of the big bad wolf to the south of west and south of Mass?  You sound scared and you also know Uconn will be a better school academically soon enough and sports wise, Uconn surpassed BC LONG ago......
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I've driven down I-84 many times between Sturbridge and Hartford, to the south and west of Mass as you describe it, and I've seen signs for the University of Connecticut and Storrs. The problem is that THERE'S NOTHING THERE. Where is it? What do you do for excitement except wait for the next Huskies home game?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Donnnn, college kids dress like college kids.  Yes, that may be silly, but its surely not limited to BC kids.  UConn has 30,000 kids, I bet I could find quite a few dressed as you describe, but thats not the point.  The point is, over the past few months you and your fellow ilk have trolled the BC blogs tossing back-handed insults.  Your ilk even appear on blogs congratulating Luke Keuchly.  Really? Why? What's the point?  Whats the obsession with BC? No one is afraid of the big bad wolf to the South.  To be honest, no one cares.  We're in different conferences, we don't play each other, and we seek diferent recruits from different regions of the country. Personally, I am fed up with constant comments by BC hater coming from UConn.  It sounds like you are saying, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm really important and relevant!"  It sounds like the little guy, puffing up his chest, trying to be in the conversation.  In reality, UConn is just not that important.  You don't threaten us in anyway.  Remember, you didn't get into the ACC.  For the record, no you're not getting better academically lol, no you're not getting better in football, and no you're just not that important.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]indians, do you know that storrs is nor right off 84?  you prove my point even more then, if BC is so attractive and Uconn so ugly, why is the ugly girl getting all the guys and all the national championships?  think before you speak.... crm, only reason Uconn is not in the ACC is because of BC whining...  that's it.  Sound like you are the one holdout who doesn't realize Uconn is bigger and better than BC.  merry fistmas and season beatings then to you!

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas donnnnnnnnn.

Why don't you just say thank you to all the BC grads in CT -- the taxpayers who paid for your education. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas, New England Basketball fans.  Pizza from Pinky's Famous of Medford all around, tell them to put it on my tab!   I highly recommend the El Amin (extra oregano) for ours friends South of the MA Border. It's a Pinky speciality.

Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Isn't El Amin the uconn guy who fathered multiple children out of wedlock and arrested a number of times for drug offenses?

Sections
Shortcuts