BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

Donn, you put two people for 1 job.  only difference is one is a bc grad the other is a uconn grad.  bc grad gets the job 100% of the time.

sorry, just the way it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

once again Donnnnnn,

if UConn is so great why did they get left out of the ACC not once but twice???  And you can debate all you want about US News rankings but the stats that shed light on the quality of the student body are - acceptance rate, SAT scores and % in 10% of high school class.  Now go look at those three metrics and please report back on how BC and UConn compare.  And please do not do what you always do and not answer the question and go off on a tangent in some attempt to create a diversion.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from orlo00. Show orlo00's posts

You guys are funny, bragging/contending about who's smarter than whom, with a lot of misspellings and typos galore.  What is your SAT or GRE scores?  This kind cof foolish contention is usually initiated by the least qualified member, in my considerable experience.  What a waste!  Might you please try to reach for a higher level by entertaining each other, or engaging in polite, witty debate.
    I am a BC guy with astronomical GRE scores who also likes football.  My sister is married to a UC Berkeley guy who thinks his sh1t doesn't stink.  Celebrate the glories of Dan Orlovsky, Luke Kuechly and Calhoun/Blaney.

Best of luck and please get on the happy wagon.  Let's see some entertaining creative writing folks.  "Ever to excel."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn:
    [QUOTE]You guys are funny, bragging/contending about who's smarter than whom, with a lot of misspellings and typos galore.  What is your SAT or GRE scores?  This kind cof foolish contention is usually initiated by the least qualified member, in my considerable experience.  What a waste!  Might you please try to reach for a higher level by entertaining each other, or engaging in polite, witty debate. I am a BC guy with astronomical GRE scores who also likes football.  My sister is married to a UC Berkeley guy who thinks his sh1t doesn't stink.  Celebrate the glories of Dan Orlovsky, Luke Kuechly and Calhoun/Blaney. Best of luck and please get on the happy wagon.  Let's see some entertaining creative writing folks.  "Ever to excel."
    Posted by orlo00[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for intelligence, wit and creativity you've come to the wrong place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orlo00. Show orlo00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : If you're looking for intelligence, wit and creativity you've come to the wrong place.
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]
    Well, it does seem so...  Just looking for news about BC sports, and encounter all this drivel.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KeithCBS. Show KeithCBS's posts

Want to know why UConn fans hate BC?  Because take one look at the BC athletic program - they have NO BUSINESS being in a major Division I athletic conference while they have the nerve to keep UConn out of the ACC!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]weird, I easily beat a BC grad for my job.  BC02eagle, how many times can I say the same thing before you get it.  Uconn didn't get into the ACC because BC's constant whining and being scared of Uconn in the same conference. Save this post so you can remind yourself why when you ask the same stupid question over and over. Either way. another banner year for BC sports?  huh?  lot to be thankful for?  haha  I'll celebrate another Uconn men's championship while you celebrate what?  oh yeah, some wishful thinking that BC is an Ivy league light type school when everyone know they are not even close.  another year of Merry Fistmas and season's beatings for BC
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Donnnnnnnie girl you are solid gold.  It's amazing that a small private school has so much clout that it can block the efforts of an almighty taxpayer supported land grant university. If whining had any benefits you and the rest of the welfare huskies would be running the world.

"Merry Fistmas and saeason's beatings"?  Are you for real?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

Well, my New Year's resolution should be to stop responding to idiotic BC versus UConn threads but what the heck it's only December 29th so:

1 -- Both teams had bad years in football, why belabor the point.

2 -- UConn is the defending national champion and BC has lost to UMass, Holy Cross, Harvard, and Boston University by a combined 91 points, being a member of the ACC does not change that fact but feel free to cheer for Duke come tournament time. 

3 -- Hiring officials don't chose applicants based solely on whether they went to Boston College, stop acting like a bad parody of a Harvard grad.

4 -- Public higher education has been a hallmark of this country since its founding, learn American history and read Thomas Jefferson before taking brainless cheap shots at public universities.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarbosFro. Show CarbosFro's posts

uconn looks so pathetic in its desperate attempts to somehow get itself into the acc.  like a guy who gets dumped but sadly continues to call and send flowers.  Get over it uconn - its not gonna happen - move on and enjoy the BE. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]uconn looks so pathetic in its desperate attempts to somehow get itself into the acc.  like a guy who gets dumped but sadly continues to call and send flowers.  Get over it uconn - its not gonna happen - move on and enjoy the BE. 
    Posted by CarbosFro[/QUOTE]

Rutgers' win over tenth-ranked Florida was pretty enjoyable.  I'm also enjoying how the Big East has six teams in the Top 25.

In the past few days, Georgia Tech lost to Fordham, Florida State to Princeton, and Boston College to Harvard.  Thankfully, Wake Forest, NC State, and Virginia's tight home victories over Yale (1 point), Campbell (who? 6 points), and winless Towson State (7 points) restored the pride of the ACC.  

Duke or North Carolina have won 14 of the past 15 ACC tourney championships and won or shared 13 of the past 15 regular season championships.  There has been no major conference dominated by two teams in the same way that the ACC has been over that time period.  This is not a strong basketball league outside those two teams.  Taking Pitt and Syracuse at some point in the future might help but Pitt has been heavily reliant on NYC talent and that's no guarantee after joining the ACC.        

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

STORRS, Conn. — Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun and the men's basketball program he took from obscurity to national titles have been accused of eight major NCAA infractions, with investigators citing hundreds of improper calls and texts from UConn staff to recruits.

The school released a notice from the NCAA on Friday that lays out the allegations against the Hall-of-Fame coach, his staff and the school. Besides the calls and texts, the accusations include giving recruits improper benefits and improperly distributing free tickets to high school coaches and others. Calhoun is cited for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

he allegations come at the end of a 15-month investigation into the recruiting of former player Nate Miles, who was expelled from UConn in October 2008 without ever playing a game for the Huskies. He was charged with violating a restraining order in a case involving a woman who claimed he assaulted her.

160 impermissible telephone calls and at least 191 impermissible text messages between recruits and coaches, including assistants Beau Archibald, Patrick Sellers, Andre LeFler, associate head coach George Blaney, and then-assistant Tom Moore, who is now the head coach at Quinnipiac. Moore did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

The biggest blemish on the program until now came in 1996, when UConn was stripped of its NCAA Tournament run to the regional semifinals and ordered to return $90,970 in tournament revenue because two players accepted plane tickets from a sports agent."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : Well, it does seem so...  Just looking for news about BC sports, and encounter all this drivel.
    Posted by orlo00[/QUOTE]

stick to philly.com and all you polish lads from Jersey might get a ltttle education?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

With Duke taking a hit in the RPI against Temple, I see no more than 3 teams from the sagging 'use to be' ACC moving to Dancing with the Stars come March!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

I dont think he's going to remain at UConn for long.  Rumour has it he'll be leaving in a year.  Without Calhoun and with the future disintegration of the BE, UConn BB will sink to the level of its football program. Who knows maybe Pasqualoni will coach the basketball team instead football.  I bet he does a better job than he does at football.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

appears our neighborly New Years' resolutions didn't get very far this year?

As for BC, their bitterness continues into 2012, and their prominence will not restored by the rants we read?