BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn

Haha, BC has had its worst football recruiting year in practically forever and that brings it down to UConn's typical recruiting class.  Look at the rankings, they're about 4 places apart from each other this year.  The difference is  BC will be back, the sad thing is that UConn won't.

And then theres the matter of UConn basketball.  Not doing so hot, are we now fellas.  5-6 BE record, with 2 future games against Syracuse and 1 against Marquette.  The implosion continues and UConn settles down into irrelevance. 
    With Calhoun gone, UConn crumbles.  I wonder how many years it will be before UConn makes the tournament next year.  Recruits are already steering away from a rudderless UConn.

Can't wait to see Syracuse destroy UConn on Sat.  I predict a 30 point blow out. But don't worry fast food super stars, you'll always have your day jobs Wink

And Donnn, keep believing UConn is better than BC in academics, sports, and all things. You're priceless buddy. A true half glass full, fatally optimistic uconn fan.  You're going to need that attitude in the coming years...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn:
    [QUOTE]Haha, BC has had its worst football recruiting year in practically forever and that brings it down to UConn's typical recruiting class.  Look at the rankings, they're about 4 places apart from each other this year.  The difference is  BC will be back, the sad thing is that UConn won't. And then theres the matter of UConn basketball.  Not doing so hot, are we now fellas.  5-6 BE record, with 2 future games against Syracuse and 1 against Marquette.  The implosion continues and UConn settles down into irrelevance.  With Calhoun gone, UConn crumbles.  I wonder how many years it will be before UConn makes the tournament next year.  Recruits are already steering away from a rudderless UConn. Can't wait to see Syracuse destroy UConn on Sat.  I predict a 30 point blow out. But don't worry fast food super stars, you'll always have your day jobs And Donnn, keep believing UConn is better than BC in academics, sports, and all things. You're priceless buddy. A true half glass full, fatally optimistic uconn fan.  You're going to need that attitude in the coming years...
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool as yourself!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]Haha, BC has had its worst football recruiting year in practically forever and that brings it down to UConn's typical recruiting class.  Look at the rankings, they're about 4 places apart from each other this year.  The difference is  BC will be back, the sad thing is that UConn won't. And then theres the matter of UConn basketball.  Not doing so hot, are we now fellas.  5-6 BE record, with 2 future games against Syracuse and 1 against Marquette.  The implosion continues and UConn settles down into irrelevance.  With Calhoun gone, UConn crumbles.  I wonder how many years it will be before UConn makes the tournament next year.  Recruits are already steering away from a rudderless UConn. Can't wait to see Syracuse destroy UConn on Sat.  I predict a 30 point blow out. But don't worry fast food super stars, you'll always have your day jobs And Donnn, keep believing UConn is better than BC in academics, sports, and all things. You're priceless buddy. A true half glass full, fatally optimistic uconn fan.  You're going to need that attitude in the coming years...
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  I thought it would be impossible to trash talk a university that just won the national championship last year but well-done.  I guess we'll just have to take your word that their 7 Big East tournament championships, 10 regular season Big East titles, 9 Elite Eights, 4 Final Fours, and 3 national championships pales in comparison to whatever it is you believe that BC has ever accomplished.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

As time goes by and UConn sinks further this is going to be too easy.

So Donnn remember all that talk before about the academics part...you know...all those times when you said that UConn was a better academic school (chuckle) than BC.  Not lookin so good now is it now. Not that we needed the above article to establish UConn ain't the best school academically speaking.  But now recruits know that if they go to UConn they better hope they're getting into the NBA, because that diploma isn't worth the paper its written on.

bac, I'm just following Donnn's lead.  When another BC fan responded to him with a history of BC sports, he stated only the present time counts.  So disregard uconn's prior accolades in 1 sport.  I won't even address football because its no fun to pick on a I-AA team.  Regarding basketball, that means BC is on the rise and UConn is falling in disgrace.  Sure, BC is a young team and I think its totally fair that UConn stands a chance at beating BC presently.  But BC is a team on the rise, especially with 9 freshmen knocking off the 15th rank team in the country.  Any game with them is fun to watch because they're expected to lose, so if they win its a bonus.

UConn, on the other hand, is a team lead by 4 seniors which has lost 5 of its last 6 games (3 certain losses to come in the near future), probably wont make the tourney, won't be allowed to make the tourney in 2013, its team is under scrutiny for being an academic disgrace, and its coach is a cripple unable to lead the team. 

I would much rather be hopeful and root for the team on the rise, than watch the team losing and falling in disgrace.  As I've said from the beginning, UConn is on a downward spiral.  The sad thing is, Calhoun is a selfish old man and he will stay with UConn for the next couple of years, delaying the inevitable search for a new head coach, and firmly sinking the program.  Combine that with the fall of the big east and UConn has a sad future.

Question: does anyone truly think the BE is going to survive or the BE is better in basketball with Syracuse and Pitt gone? or that Calhoun has his best coaching years ahead of him.  The answer is no to both.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : CRM, volume posting doesn't mean worthwhile.  You do know Uconn was in a BCS football game recently, how about BC?  Academics?  I hope you didn't go to BC because you proved you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  This was a gem similar to a Slim or Eagle78 clueless quote.  You said when dreaming BC is a good hoops team your Uconn response was priceless in its stupidity " Uconn, on the other hand, is led by 4 Seniors".  Really please elaborate on which 4 seniors below?  This is their roster straight from ESPN.  Come on BC fans, is this idiot CRM the best you have?  making these kind of ridiculous statements clearly being WAY out of this league?  Seriously please know what you are talking about if you try to debate.  Makes you looks foolish and makes your college (BC) looks like it's producing guys like CRM. NAME CLASS DeAndre Daniels FR Brendan Allen FR Ryan Boatright FR Andre Drummond FR Michael Bradley FR Enosch Wolf SO Jeremy Lamb SO Niels Giffey SO Tyler Olander SO Shabazz Napier SO Roscoe Smith SO Alex Oriakhi JR P.J. Cochrane SR Kyle Bailey SR Benjamin Stewart SR Ethan Waite SR
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2011/10/syracuse_uconn_top_big_east_coaches_preseason_poll.html

Ok this is what I was talking about Donnn.  Try real hard to see the point.  The point is UConn is not a brand new team.  There are plenty of players returning from the previous year, with 3 returning STARTERS.  The EXPECTATION  was that UConn was going to do well this year.  That is why UConn was ranked so high in the beginning of the season.  It is now crazy to believe that UConn at one point received more 1st place votes for this season's rankings than Syracuse.  And UConn has completely FAILED expectations to even be a mediocre team. Yes, they are in a downward spiral.

And do you truly believe the fact that UConn got into a BCS game deserves any merit? UConn got in because of technicality.  Because of the failing big east. They were unranked nationally and ranked 52nd by the BCS. UConn was a national joke.  It is the prime example of why the BCS doesn't work.  They were predicted to lose to Oklahoma by 17 points and at least they beat those expectations with a 28 point loss.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2010/12/06/uconns-lucky-bcs-bowl-berth/

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Donnn, of course you don't address the point of the comment.  Ignorance is bliss.  And please continue to lower the esteem of UConn alums with your childish name calling. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC fans: Feel Bad for UConn : just walk away....  you got beat up and don't even know it.... You never mentioned the 4 senior leaders on the Uconn hoops team?  better yet, don't do it...  you look foolish enough and I'm actually feeling embarassed for you now. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Always have the last word now don't you? Seems calling someone a fool are simply checks which you have no account on your blank statements there moron ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]For those who prefer pictures, allow me.  Donnn (pictured here on the left) is opening up a can of whoop@ss on Sir Crm!
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Can Donnnnnn make a free throw?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]DUKE IS COMING TO THE GYM   TO OLAY THE BROCKTON JV "S
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    Judge Smails: WHR, I'm having a party this weekend. How would you like to come over and mow my lawn?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

With Duke University, and Austin Rivers’s upcoming pivotal game with a hapless underdog as BC, should we all hope this nationally broadcast pickup game for the Blue Devils will not be an embarrassment nor cast a shadow on the continuous saga of Collegiate losing this City of Boston?