BC Football - 2011 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

BC Football - 2011 Season

Much reason for optimism here.  BC had their first spring scrimmage last week and the offense looked better than it has ever looked for a first spring scrimmage.  Chase Rettig was outstanding and Dave Shinskie was very solid.

Still early, of course.  However, if they can remain healthy, we could be looking at a very good year - with a return to the Top 25 and a shot at the ACC title possible.

That young and inexperienced team of last year is now an experienced team.  Perhaps the most optimistic news is how the players have taken to the new OC Kevin Rogers' offense.  The players say it is exciting and dynamic - both of which we sorely needed.

I am looking forward to exciting times at Alumni this year.

One thing to ponder - although I hope this doesn't come to pass! - what if the the NFL season is delayed and the Red Sox are not in the post-season conversation in September?  Both of these things seemed so unlikely not so long ago.  But now?  Who knows.  If these events were to happen, then BC would be the only major game in town at the start of the CFB season.  Could this be the "perfect storm" year??  We shall see.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Re: BC Football - 2011 Season

In Response to Re: BC Football - 2011 Season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BC Football - 2011 Season : All excited BC troll for another Toilet Bowl appearance? Class of 1978 should strart planning your mortality before BC does anything significant. Remember BC is perennial loser outside of Route 128 and we'll use 2010 BC Hockey, Basketball & Football as a basis! 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Wow....I post a simple message expressing my hope and optimism for the upcoming BC FB season and you choose to launch such a hateful invective as some sort of reply.  For what reason??  What business is it of yours what team I root for?  What's more, why do you even care? 

Forgetting for a minute that YOU are the troll in this message; forgetting for a minute the other idiotic things you babble about here (BC hockey a "perennial loser"???); why did you even feel the need to post such bile as a reply to my note? 

Really sad.  From your note, it is apparent you have some anger and possibly other issues at work here.  I hope for your sake - and those around you - that you are in some form of treatment.
    Judging from your note here, however, I fear that is not the case.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Minnesota Duluth tops Michigan in OT for 1st NCAA title! 
    Great display by an awsome collegiate hockey program by the Bulldogs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]  Minnesota Duluth tops Michigan in OT for 1st NCAA title!  Great display by an awsome collegiate hockey program by the Bulldogs.
    Posted by postingking[/QUOTE]

Great...But why are you posting that here?  It has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Let me help you...since reading comprehension does not appear to be one of your strong suits.  The title of this thread is BC Football - 2011 Season. 

If you have anything to contribute to THIS subject, that would be great.  If not, why not just start another thread?

For all the BC bashers, I have a modest proposal - why not just start one thread bashing all things BC. All of you - LP, WHR, UND King, et al can go there and bash away to your hearts content.  The rest of us - the majority of people here who actually use this board to discuss subjects in an adult manner - can use this service as intended.

What say you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

First of all, LPGAtrollWHR and his other four posting identities are all the same person emptying barrels of tissues in a basement corner.  2nd, LP (lil'putter) must be a paid poster, receiving some kind of monthly stipend from the Globe/Times, to load the post count in these threads.  Their behaviors are otherwise nonsensical.

Beyond that and regarding the spring game, I was unable to see it, but it's good to hear that Rettig played well.  I have to temper that excitement however, due to the report that Shinskie also played well.  Does it point to inexperience in the defense, or improvement in the offense?  I do hope for a strong upcoming season, but am concerned about the path of the program.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, LPGAtrollWHR and his other four posting identities are all the same person emptying barrels of tissues in a basement corner.  2nd, LP (lil'putter) must be a paid poster, receiving some kind of monthly stipend from the Globe/Times, to load the post count in these threads.  Their behaviors are otherwise nonsensical. Beyond that and regarding the spring game, I was unable to see it, but it's good to hear that Rettig played well.  I have to temper that excitement however, due to the report that Shinskie also played well.  Does it point to inexperience in the defense, or improvement in the offense?  I do hope for a strong upcoming season, but am concerned about the path of the program.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

trbow:  Spring game is next Saturday.  This was the first practice scrimmage.  The offense looked very good.  Yesterday was the secondproactice scrimmage and it was more balanced as the defense was much stouter than the first scrimmage.

I have a bit of a different take.  I think BC is well into the recovery from the Jags era where - IMO - Jags won with great talent that he inherited; but he had no appetite for recruiting.  BC paid the price for this lack or recruiting the past 2 years. The fact that we had winning seasons - and bowl appearances both years -  was a huge accomplishment.  At least with Spaz, recruiting has been significantly better.  I think we will begin to see the benefits of this recruiting beginning this year.  Time will tell.

We have a more difficult schedule this year than most realize.  Not a lot of easy wins.  However, I like this team and think it will be a typical BC squad that far surpasses expectations.  I also wouldn't discount the "perfect storm" scenario where a strong BC team starts the season with the NFL season delayed and the Red Sox well out of contention.  (I DO hope I am wrong about the NFL and Red Sox - but the signs are there.)  If our beloved BC Eagles are somehow able to capitalize on these events, then I am OK with that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football - 2011 Season : trbow:  Spring game is next Saturday.  This was the first practice scrimmage.  The offense looked very good.  Yesterday was the secondproactice scrimmage and it was more balanced as the defense was much stouter than the first scrimmage. I have a bit of a different take.  I think BC is well into the recovery from the Jags era where - IMO - Jags won with great talent that he inherited; but he had no appetite for recruiting.  BC paid the price for this lack or recruiting the past 2 years. The fact that we had winning seasons - and bowl appearances both years -  was a huge accomplishment.  At least with Spaz, recruiting has been significantly better.  I think we will begin to see the benefits of this recruiting beginning this year.  Time will tell. We have a more difficult schedule this year than most realize.  Not a lot of easy wins.  However, I like this team and think it will be a typical BC squad that far surpasses expectations.  I also wouldn't discount the "perfect storm" scenario where a strong BC team starts the season with the NFL season delayed and the Red Sox well out of contention.  (I DO hope I am wrong about the NFL and Red Sox - but the signs are there.)  If our beloved BC Eagles are somehow able to capitalize on these events, then I am OK with that!
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

Dream on;  Beloved BC Eagles? Long way to go ... heck the Red Sox are in order, and as their losing continues with all in Cowtown USA;  BC Spring ball might be all the villagers' have to look forward to with Mr. Medicore Spazzy at the helm. Might start with a preparatory game with Stony Brook U out there  off the LIE, Exit#6, for some cow poke entertainment and pretend BC is big time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, LPGAtrollWHR and his other four posting identities are all the same person emptying barrels of tissues in a basement corner.  2nd, LP (lil'putter) must be a paid poster, receiving some kind of monthly stipend from the Globe/Times, to load the post count in these threads.  Their behaviors are otherwise nonsensical. Beyond that and regarding the spring game, I was unable to see it, but it's good to hear that Rettig played well.  I have to temper that excitement however, due to the report that Shinskie also played well.  Does it point to inexperience in the defense, or improvement in the offense?  I do hope for a strong upcoming season, but am concerned about the path of the program.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

Excitement ... got quit a life there junior getting all excited about another Spring Football Season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Eagle,  thanks for the clarification on the spring game.  I hope your optimism proves correct.  I'm still wary until we get more sustained looks at the recruits.

undkingoftwat, thanks for your valued flamer input.  which fake identity are you tonight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I have been saying this for a while now, that we played so many freshman and sophs last season that it can only help up.  If Rettig can make a decent jump we are in good shape.  The next couple of years should be great.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Two points:

1. Eagle 78: If you think that we have to "recover" from the Coach Jags era - where we went 20-8 over two years, rose to second in the country and went to bowls both years - then we differ. We should only be so lucky to have such a record again.

2. To those who attack all who question things about Behead Coaches Institute:
    Are you THAT insecure that you cannot countenance any dissenting voices? Why do you think that all must sing the Leahy song?

Sad.

Peace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Two points: 1. Eagle 78 : If you think that we have to "recover" from the Coach Jags era - where we went 20-8 over two years, rose to second in the country and went to bowls both years - then we differ. We should only be so lucky to have such a record again. 2. To those who attack all who question things about Behead Coaches Institute: Are you THAT insecure that you cannot countenance any dissenting voices? Why do you think that all must sing the Leahy song? Sad. Peace
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Once again LP, you are full of crap and everyone knows it.  We are all open to both sides of the discussion.  All of us at one time or another have said both good and bad about BC.  that is except you.  For you to accuse others of being closed minded to another side is, well.....whats that saying the pot calling....

you really are a joke....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Your insecurity radiates via your hostility.

Sorry.

EverTo Excel,

To allege that The Institute "has a better program" than ND is foolish. 

Yes, we have a recent advantage. BUT:
    •       Who plays a NATIONAL schedule?
    •       Who sells out (with FAR more than 44K seats) every place they go?
    •       Who has its own TV contract?
    •       Whose name is worth more in marketing?
    •       Whose program has a more storied history?
    This from someone who is not an ND fan - just a realist.

Peace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]I am hoping that BC has a good season, and there is reason for optimism - but there is also some depth issues that have me thinking it will be tough to head back to the ACC championship game for the third time in five years. I think Rettig will be improved and the sophomore receivers appear to be a special group in the making. The linebacking corps is still very good and Luke Kuechly is arguably the best returning defensive player in the entire country. It is crucial that Montel Harris is fully recovered this fall from his knee injury, and can return to his 1,200 + rushing production. The schedule is tougher and the marquee ACC games are on the "road" cycle for this year. Northwestern is a tough season-openning game, UCF has improved from when we wiped them out at Alumni a few years ago. The O-line has got to play better than last year (that was the single biggest disappointment from last year besides Shinskie's complete lack of improvement). As far as the BC bashers go......what can we say? BC has a better program than Notre Dame having gone 6-2 in the last 8 meetings, and UConn plays in a terrible Big East and were exposed and laid a complete egg last year on a big stage against a quality opponent. UConn has never defeated BC in football ever....so we have that going for us.....which is nice. Road games at Clemson, Va. Tech, and Miami will show us where the Eagles are in terms of recruting, coaching and of course ability to win.   My nephew is the punter at Florida State and for what it is worth, he says that BC is consistantly the toughest physical opponent they face, and play with the best sportsmanship of any team in the league. The Eagles have won two of the last three at Tallahassee and 3 of 4 overall, they think the game at BC on Nov. 3rd will be the key to the ACC Division title. I was expecting a better record last year and think a 7-5 or 8-4 record is the most-likely expectation. With luck and tremendous improvement they could be even better. The spring game is Saturday and it should be a great day to see how the young Eagles are progressing. Go BC! 
    Posted by EverToExcell[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... kind of like Alabama and Auburn, real tough beasts of the lilly pond. No wonder whr has fun with you idiots you just keep coming up with more crap for another toilet bowl appearance ... Welcome to Stony Brook U & UMASS ... my nephew , my grandfather, and my cousin says whose a friend of a friends best friend. Any more relatives dorky you can pass on a good fish story?  Unbelievable, and to think this guy really believes in Tomorrow Land.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

I started this post to simply get a discussion going about the BC football team's prospects for next season.  I follow them closely and am optimistic about our prospects for next year.

I was hoping to engage in a good FOOTBALL discussion. A straight "x's and o's conversation, if you will.  But no, that simply was not acceptable to the BC bashers that pollute these threads.  Instead, THEY immediately responded to my post with  the usual bashing of BC, with added personal insults to me for following BC.

IMO, here is the difference between BC fans and the BC bashers - who are mostly disgruntled BE fans upset that BC managed to extricate itself from the BEC.  (Something it appears many BE fans would love their respective schools to do themselves.)  BC fans have moved on.  Go read the Hartford Courant, or any newspapers in BE cities.  You don't find BC alums/fans in those areas slamming the local schools in the equivalent blogs/forums.  Indeed, BC fans have moved on.  Not so for many BE fans - and this forum is a case in point.  They are like the proverbial loony ex-spouse who for years after the divorce is obsessed with their other half who has happily moved on.  That's really what happening here.

To the BC bashers here - BC is a proud ACC school (and that really makes your blood boil, doesn't it?).  Ridicule us all you want; but we BC fans know deep down you envy us 'cause we know how much you guys would like to be out of the BEC and in the ACC.  (All you need do is look at today's embarrassment for the BE where - after a seven month process -  they will need "more time" to do more "due diligence" to determine whether or not to invite an FCS football program who would be playing their home games in a whopping 18,000 seat soccer stadium!  How do you guys feel about that??  LOL).

I will leave you folks with the question I always ask - and you never answer.  If you think BC is such an unimportant program; if you thing BC is such a joke, then why do you obsess so much about BC?  Whys do you feel the need to constantly monitor this forum and spend so much of your time - on a daily basis - bashing the BC program?  Most importantly, what does this say about the collective you?  I won't expect any of you to answer these questions because none of you can honestly answer them, and you know it.

For me, I am eagerly looking forward to the spring game this Saturday.  I only wish some of us grown-ups could discuss it without all the BC bashing trolls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Eagle 78, nice post, but I don't think logic and reason and civility are things that these pathetic souls appreciate.  I have all of them "ignored", and reading the threads without their comments is a much more positive experience.  Even though it's child's play to shoot them down, I hated being sucked into their dark, small, miserable worlds. They desperately seek our attention and they are getting it every time someone responds. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

It appears all need much going up to do especially the BC eagle beagles whose display of the little frat boy in the sand box attitude are not accustomed to the LPs, whr's, cheriho arguments. Pehaps, a lesson in civility on a public medium would educate those to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it. Consequentially our BC stallwarts are always made out the fools' which they richly deserve.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Eagle78,

1. I did not insult you or anyone or anything else with my factual reply to your untenable contention that The Institute "has a better program" than ND does.

2.  Why do I post here? Because I am an alum who rues the anything-goes style of ethics and the tyranny that have befallen this place since 1996. And I'll keep contributing, in the hope that truth and decency eventually will out, with a new team in place to restore the honor that I knew the school (when it was Boston College) to consistently have before the current regime arrived on this campus.

Peace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

The only time that BC played at UCONN in the last 50 years, BC fans had bags of urine and human feces thrown at them. Almost everyone I know who went to the game reported the same stories. Every encouter with UCONN fans was hostile with the threat of imminent potential violence. Return to the Big East? Play UCONN again? No thanks. Anyone who has been to Florida State or Clemson would laugh at such a suggestion.

As to BC football, I want to be excited, but I can't be. After last season it is clear that Coach Spaz sufffers from Tom O'Brien disease and by that I mean he fundamentally doesn't believe a program like BC can actually win the ACC. If the coach doesn't believe, then the players won't perform. Tom O'Brien's mantra was "at BC you can only expect to win 8 or 9 games a year" and the performance on the field refelected that. Everytime we were poised to take a step forward, we took a step back. Examples 1A and 1B are Pitt and Syracuse in 2005.

So with such a coach, what can we hope for?

The irony is that as much as LP cries about turnover, Coach Spaz was specifically picked because coming so close to Coach O'Brien leaving, Fr. Leah and Gene wanted a sense of continunity.  Hopefully Coach Spaz will retire in the next few years and we can bring in a young ambitious program-building coach who knows that if he can bring BC to the promised land, he can write his own ticket.

A few good things to look forward to is that it does seem that recruiting has turned around somewhat over the last two years after a bit of a letdown during the Jags era, so maybe there is hope. Putting Coach Tranquil out to pasture is also a good move so hopefully we can see some real turnaround in the offense.

LP - don't bother quoting this or commenting on it as I have you on ignore, you bitter old troll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

So now Master Gatzie has turned on Spaz.

What a surprise.

No wonder BCI "fans" are seen through for what they are.

And to EvertoExcel:

There is no such word as "hollier."

Do you excel in everything but spelling?

Peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

LP...not sure what you talking about.  I never mentioned ND in any of my posts.  You seem confused...

Ever-to-Excel and James Gatz:  Great posts!  Even though all of your facts will go completely over the heads of the BC bashers, there are lots of others that read these posts and they will get it.

Eaglebeagle1:  I appreciate your point.  I am selective as to when and how I respond to these dolts.  But sometimes it is helpful to expose their hypocrisy and obsessive behavior.  Lot's of people read these posts and these bashers are the best advertisement for the hatred and envy that resides in the hearts of all too many BE fans towards BC.  To the many people who read these threads without any dog in the hunt, these tools do more to validate BC's decision to move to the ACC than any of us could.  The irony is, of course, that they are so blinded by their hatred that they make all of our points for us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Eagle 78, nice post, but I don't think logic and reason and civility are things that these pathetic souls appreciate.  I have all of them "ignored", and reading the threads without their comments is a much more positive experience.  Even though it's child's play to shoot them down, I hated being sucked into their dark, small, miserable worlds. They desperately seek our attention and they are getting it every time someone responds. 
    Posted by eaglebeagle1[/QUOTE]

You have been in a dark ditch your whole life, and it's about time you stopped digging and represent yourself more carefully rather than the ambivilance you exert in your moronic posts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: BC Football - 2011 Season:=[QUOTE]So now Master Gatzie has turned on Spaz. What a surprise. No wonder BCI "fans" are seen through for what they are. And to EvertoExcel : There is no such word as "hollier." Do you excel in everything but spelling? Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

More confirmation you didn't go to BC nor are you a fan of the program. Then true to a failed poster when in doubt and nothing else to add spell check the poster that disagrees with you.

Fail LP Fail!

Sections
Shortcuts