BC Football - 2011 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: BC Football - 2011 Season

LP

You constantly criticize and refer to us as the "uber alles" crowd which is incredibly insensitive and offensive but when someone does criticize you accuse them of disloyalty and returning to form.  Gotta get back on the meds pal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

It is amazing how lowlife LP can derail a thread that is supposed to be about BC football.  Not if BC is evil or if the gang of 2 should be publically hung for firing a coach.

That said, I do think that BC football will have a solid year.  They got rid of their 98 year old OC and as some have said you can already see a difference in spring practice.  Rettig will be a year older and while it was tough on him, playing last year will prove to be huge.  And we have a ton of young players that got experience last season. 

Oh and to save them the trouble:
    Cheeroh: "oh say you, uconn in the forrest is amaze, bc in the toilet, you all see blind to the real powers."

LP: "BC is evil, they should all be perished from this earth, they are to blame for teh Japan crisis, they started the financial crisis and worst of all, I had no friends when I went there...."

UNDKING: "I am a huge p*ssy who won't engage anyone nor speak about the national joke that ND football is but I will really try to tell everyone who will listen that BC sucks...."

That about sum it up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: BC Football - 2011 Season:
    Eagle78, 1. I did not insult you or anyone or anything else with my factual reply to your untenable contention that The Institute "has a better program" than ND does. 2.  Why do I post here? Because I am an alum who rues the anything-goes style of ethics and the tyranny that have befallen this place since 1996. And I'll keep contributing, in the hope that truth and decency eventually will out, with a new team in place to restore the honor that I knew the school (when it was Boston College) to consistently have before the current regime arrived on this campus. Peace
    Posted by Longputter

Hey moron, you do realize we are all on here to talk about SPORTS and really could care less about anything you just said, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

I am hoping that BC has a good season, and there is reason for optimism - but there is also some depth issues that have me thinking it will be tough to head back to the ACC championship game for the third time in five years. I think Rettig will be improved and the sophomore receivers appear to be a special group in the making. The linebacking corps is still very good and Luke Kuechly is arguably the best returning defensive player in the entire country. It is crucial that Montel Harris is fully recovered this fall from his knee injury, and can return to his 1,200 + rushing production. The schedule is tougher and the marquee ACC games are on the "road" cycle for this year. Northwestern is a tough season-openning game, UCF has improved from when we wiped them out at Alumni a few years ago. The O-line has got to play better than last year (that was the single biggest disappointment from last year besides Shinskie's complete lack of improvement). As far as the BC bashers go......what can we say? BC has a better program than Notre Dame having gone 6-2 in the last 8 meetings, and UConn plays in a terrible Big East and were exposed and laid a complete egg last year on a big stage against a quality opponent. UConn has never defeated BC in football ever....so we have that going for us.....which is nice. Road games at Clemson, Va. Tech, and Miami will show us where the Eagles are in terms of recruting, coaching and of course ability to win.   My nephew is the punter at Florida State and for what it is worth, he says that BC is consistantly the toughest physical opponent they face, and play with the best sportsmanship of any team in the league. The Eagles have won two of the last three at Tallahassee and 3 of 4 overall, they think the game at BC on Nov. 3rd will be the key to the ACC Division title. I was expecting a better record last year and think a 7-5 or 8-4 record is the most-likely expectation. With luck and tremendous improvement they could be even better. The spring game is Saturday and it should be a great day to see how the young Eagles are progressing. Go BC! 
    Posted by EverToExcell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Watch out for UMASS - we're gonna getch this year!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Funny thing is, this is a pretty good discussion thread for boston.com. Yes, a little diaper rash from doggie-style husky and his alternate forum identities, and of course the repetitive and skipping 78speed LP, but despite that, a good discussion.  Posters can disagree, make a playful jab w/umass, carry on a conversation...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I didn't know we were showing foreign films without subtitles in this forum now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Folks, face it.

Our hoops program is in free fall.

And our football prospects are dicey at best, though I like Spaz and ardently hope that he succeeds.

But a major power we are not.

THAT is reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

right a 21-13 record with 6 more wins than the prior year will do that to you

and we have never been a major power in anything but hockey

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    How about the turnover figures?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I never said BC was a major power lp.  That makes no sense.  I disagree with the "freefall" statement, transition, yes, freefall, no.  Glad to read that you like Spaz, a positive comment is good every once in awhile.

And as always, thank you lpga flaming master-troll for your meaningless rant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

how is a hoops team that was firmly on the bubble to make the ncaa tourney in a "free fall"??  While he has me on ignore, which is for the better for all of us, once again the sad man is showing his supreme use of logic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Well now, some progress from the idolatry crowd.

Both Pro and bow now concede the obvious:  Behead Coaches Institute is not a major power.

Trouble is, thanks to The Gang of Two, we're not even a minor power anymore.

Peace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

and when were we ever considered a major power in any sport besides hockey in the last 30 years?

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I should have known better as an alumn and big fan of the team to post an intelligent opinion on BC football without seeing the BC haters go "off the deep end." To other college football fans and BC fans who want to discuss the team it's past present and future...hang in there. For LP - let me clarify (hopefully not using your "Hollier than Thou" tone and always critical eye). I meant to say that in my opinion BC has had a better team on the field than ND over the past 10 years or so. six straight wins and a 6-2 record over the past 8 meetings are FACTS and we know how you like to search for facts to help you navigate your way through intelligent discussion while quenching your intense thirst for college football knowledge. Notre Dame CLEARLY has a much more storied tradition and past than BC; only a fool would argue this in any detail. Notre Dame has far more fans and is still the biggest draw on the road in College Football. I do think BC's schedule is every bit as "national" as ND's and they have been softening their schedule quite a bit over the past 6-8 years as they simply have not been a true national power or unable to win their toughest games on a national stage for quite some time. They have consistantly been over-rated in media & pre-season polls and awarded bowl slots based on their tv ratings and fan support....everyone understands that and no one can argue their appeal, but that does not mean they are a good team or deserve these poll votes and bowl slots. Let's look at the might Irish over recent history - Now take a deep breath LP....these are FACTS!!! 2010 - won the Sun Bowl vs. Miami (an ACC opponent BC will play this year in Miami). 2009 - No bowl due to 6-6 record 2008 - beat a 7-6 Hawaii team in Hawaii bowl 2007 - no bowl due to dismal 3-9 record 2006 - blowout loss 41-14 to LSU in Sugar Bowl 2005 - bad loss 34-20 to Ohio State in Fiesta Bowl 2004 - bad loss to Oregon State 38-21 in Insight.com bowl 2003 - no bowl due to 5-7 record 2002 - blowout loss 28-6 to NC State (ACC opponent that BC plays every year) 2001 - no bowl  due to 5-6 record 2000 - blowout 41-9 loss to Oregon State 1999 - no bowl due to 5-7 record So LP granted ND has played in four major bowls (zero for BC over the same time period) they have been destroyed in all 4 and in fact have won just two bowl games in the past 12 years, and have missed bowls in nearly half of those seasons. I think this year BC plays a tougher schedule top-to-bottom than ND but that is what debate is all about. ND plays seven games in the state of Indiana, one in Michigan, one in Western PA, a "neutral" game in D.C. and has one tough trip to Stanford. To save you the time LP....ND hosts USF (BC similar opponent is @ UCF), Michigan (BC similar opponent @ Clemson) Mich St. (BC has FSU), Pitt (BC is @ Miami) Purdue (UMass), Air Force (Duke), Southern Cal (@ Va Tech), Navy (Northwestern), Wake (same), Maryland (same), BC (@Notre Dame), Stanford (NC State). So peace my happy chum on the schedule "discussion" As far as Cheeroh or whatever that silly Husky dog is....UConn football is still a JOKE to BC and BC fans. they have NEVER defeated BC EVER, they play in a weak conference, and if BC was still in the Big East (thank GOD we are not), we probably would have won the watered down league every year since the ACC promotion of Miami, Va. Tech & BC. That display against Oklahoma was a fiasco that most ture college football fans saw a mile away. The classless way Randy Edsall bolted the program that same night! at the first chance (to join an ACC program that has lost to BC in 4 of the last five years) shows that Husky football with it's trash-mouth fans and over inflated false attendance numbers is on the road to nowhere. BC still gets the best players it wants out of Connecticut and the Husky fans have to make up excuses and fantasize about beating BC someday....well rock on...we have much bigger fish to fry. You can visit us when Southern Cal comes to town in a few years and get a taste of what a big game feels like when a major visiting program comes to New England. By the way...whatever happened to that "huge series" with ND that Yukon was crowing about...the one where they get zero home games at YUKON???? that kinda fizzled out didn't it...but no worries you can always catch ND when they play BC in a home-and-home series at BC. Peace lads! Let's hope for a healthy spring game, continued improvement at QB, the secondary and O-line, Keuchly will be the preseason favorite to win the Butkis Award and maybe even be National Defensive player of the year. Anthony Costanzo will be yet another first round draft pick from BC and let's hope the Eagles continue to compete for ACC championships and who knows what more is on the horizon for this young and very talented team of student athletes. Go Eagles
    Posted by EverToExcell

Long way to go ... good to see BC baseball is following the BC tridition in the ACC that of LOSING!  Making it a successfull 2011 ... Will the ACC break its long streak of no national titles in 2011?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbrown. Show dbrown's posts

Every time I see IGNORED posts from certain bags of d o u che (you know who you are) it's like a little kid that's really trying to annoy you but just can get your attention.  How refreshing to read the actual fan comments and ignore the drooling inbreds. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Still waiting for Mark Herzlich in the 16th+++  round; more days without a team, more days without a team ... Reality sets in more Hail Mary's, More Hail Mary's for the NFL! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

you are poking fun at Herzlich? you should be ashamed of yourself, you dirtbag. He was a sure fire first round draft pick until the unthinkable happened to him and here you are making fun of him. God help you, but i'd bet even He wants nothing to do with you

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

It is what it is!

BC had no value added in the 2011 NFL Draft .... As for Herzlich, good walk on scribe and characterized by all Boston Globe hype. It is what it is, thank you Bill Billichick in establishing the grounds rules for no (BC) value!   

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Apparently we sould of all consulted with John Meterperel, "Herzlich a diffinite NFL second rounder" thanks Mel Kiper, and John Gruden's for being objective on this one! 

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Cheeroh,

Boston Globe hype?  What in the world are you talking about.  There were a great many media outlets reporting on the Mark Herzlich story.  It is a great human interest story regardless of whether he got drafted of not.

I guess that you, like your friend UofNDKing would prefer to throw rocks.  That is your choice.  But your lack of objectivity discredits any point you are trying to make.  Not sure what that is . . .

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Good to see the trolls from the Behead Coaches Institute are taking some time off enjoying  their amazing varsity Spring baseball team. Each year the 6-14 Beheads in the ACC try challanging for the cellar putting forth an consistant showing, and fail miserably.  Placement would be too much to expect in an NCAA Division 1 Sport, such as Baseball, along with the other athletic programs offered at the Institute. With big bad Virginia coming to town this weekend our Beheads, or pee wee's of the ACC, need to access Flippo's guidance at the helm in order to resurrect a winning streak to end culminate 2011 for fund raising.
    Posted by whr

ummmm...WHR...since I was the one who started this thread about the upcoming BC football season; and you and your cohorts hijacked it; YOU and your fellow BC bashers are the trolls here - what part of this don't you understand??

What's more, you just don't get it, do you?  Whatever BC's record is in any given sport, BC has left the Big East.  No more beer bottles thrown at BC fans in East Hartford.  No more scary fan experiences at Morgantown.  Just as importantly, our Alumni Stadium will never have to deal with Big East fans (other than SU fans - who we like) EVER AGAIN.

You and your fellow travelers on these boards do serve a continuing service to BC fans as you constantly validate BC's decision to move to the ACC.  The level of hate and vitriol expressed by you folks here is a constant reminder of what we left.

I have said this before, but it bears repeating.  You and your friends on these boards are like the crazy ex-spouse that constantly badgers the other happy ex-spouse who has moved on.  We have been divorced for almost 7 years now.  BC fans have happily moved on.  The fact that you and your fellow BE posters here have not is rather sad and pathetic. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In Response to Re: BC Football - 2011 Season : ummmm...WHR...since I was the one who started this thread about the upcoming BC football season; and you and your cohorts hijacked it; YOU and your fellow BC bashers are the trolls here - what part of this don't you understand?? What's more, you just don't get it, do you?  Whatever BC's record is in any given sport, BC has left the Big East.  No more beer bottles thrown at BC fans in East Hartford.  No more scary fan experiences at Morgantown.  Just as importantly, our Alumni Stadium will never have to deal with Big East fans (other than SU fans - who we like) EVER AGAIN. You and your fellow travelers on these boards do serve a continuing service to BC fans as you constantly validate BC's decision to move to the ACC.  The level of hate and vitriol expressed by you folks here is a constant reminder of what we left. I have said this before, but it bears repeating.  You and your friends on these boards are like the crazy ex-spouse that constantly badgers the other happy ex-spouse who has moved on.  We have been divorced for almost 7 years now.  BC fans have happily moved on.  The fact that you and your fellow BE posters here have not is rather sad and pathetic. 
    Posted by Eagle78

I guess you are his troll reading Dilbert all day in the Sunday Comics for BC cartoons so we will name you Sir Lancelot coming to BC chivalrous rescue.  Keep up the bill board advice POPS, as always we look forward to your rebuttals that constantly make your sad life his little troll. It also appears whr's artificial intelligence is no match for your natural stupidity.

Sections
Shortcuts