BC Football Recruiting Results

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: BC Football Recruiting Results

In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : are you saying you're the 11 year old who posts about a basketball team that has never achieved anything in a lack luster existence other than an Elite Eight 10 years ago! Be smart and look in the mirror, and reflect back on BC basketball's memorable history, Gambling scandals permeate its existence not NCAA Final Four moron!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    No, I'm saying you're a sorry, flaming, uneducated forum troll who enjoys blowing up legitmate discussions.  Is that clear enough, even for you?

And speaking of posting about a basketball team, you seem to do it a lot for someone who ridicules the program..nice obsesison you have.  Looking forward to your next post after you finish the fruit loops mom left out for you today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Gambling scandals permeate its existence not NCAA Final Four moron!
    Cheeroh, a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Have one of the other 6th graders explain that to you. Here's a partial litany of violations.
    Jim Calhoun was suspended by the NCAA for three games next season for recruiting violations committed under his watch, though the program dodged a major sanction when it was spared a postseason ban. Calhoun was cited by the NCAA on Tuesday for failing to create an atmosphere of compliance within his program and was suspended for the first three Big East games during the 2011-12 season. The NCAA also hit UConn with scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years' probation.
    UConn sophomore forward Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was arrested on drug charges Thursday night during Spring Weekend festivities on the Storrs.
    Famed University of Connecticut basketball star Tate George has been arrested on a criminal charge in connection with a Ponzi scheme, officials said.
    (Nate Miles) said he went to six high schools in five years before heading to Connecticut. At one point in high school, he said, he got $250 every three days from an N.B.A. agent that he said a former UConn assistant coach introduced him to. He said he received improper help on at least two of the standardized tests he took to qualify academically to play in college.
    It goes on and on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Now that FSU has proven what a farce the ACC is by beating UNC ... is there any doubt that the ACC is getting like the BC hockey program  living on it's past where it can't get by State University UML & Amherest?  Pretty sad winter, as BC hockey program is going down the tubes, and well BC basketball a JUCO program coached by a non entity! UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
    Yet when mighty UCONN falls to Seton Hall and Rutgers, you call it balance in a league with great depth. Go figure!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

BC is all spazoo'ed out.

MALAISE.

4 years of nothin.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

RedB I have to disagree.  We don't have the talent that we had under Tom OB.  I know they are young and will get better, but I just don't see it.  Our team speed is as bad as it's been in a long time and that's not experience. 

Spaz will bring this football team to nothing better than average.  While he's head coach we will never play in another ACC champ game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

No need to worry! The Orange Bowl has become no better than the Compass Bowl & Go Daddy Dot Com Bowl! With the ACC, nobody gives a S*** any more about the Orange Bowl with their deplorable ratings. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Gunner Kiel ends saga, adds new
    dimension to ND!

#2 in the Nation, Great Signing IRISH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

BC's best recruit in the 2012 class NY running back Akeel Lynch has reportedly decommitted.  Two other recruits are also reportedly now on the bubble for decommitting.  Now down to 13 recruits for 2012.  That grossly premature contract extension was given to Spaz according to DeFilippo in order to shore up recruiting.  A total mess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Rk. School Commits Conf. Points
    1 Alabama 27 SEC 4685
    2 Texas 24 Big 12 4548
    3 Michigan 24 Big Ten 4166
    4 Ohio State 22 Big Ten 3854
    5 Florida 18 SEC 3468
    6 Texas A&M 23 Big 12 3434
    7 Miami (Fl) 31 ACC 3325
    8Notre Dame17Indep3214
    9 South Carolina 24 SEC 3130
    10 UCLA 27 Pac-12 2971

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

And that's the way it is! BC & Flippo can't attact *** star recruits!

Congrats Irish ..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]BC's best recruit in the 2012 class NY running back Akeel Lynch has reportedly decommitted.  Two other recruits are also reportedly now on the bubble for decommitting.  Now down to 13 recruits for 2012.  That grossly premature contract extension was given to Spaz according to DeFilippo in order to shore up recruiting.  A total mess.
    Posted by Fukowi[/QUOTE]
    What's your source for this recruiting info? I'm not doubting you, but I just want to follow this more closely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Rk. School Commits Conf. Points 1 Alabama 27 SEC 4685 2 Texas 24 Big 12 4548 3 Michigan 24 Big Ten 4166 4 Ohio State 22 Big Ten 3854 5 Florida 18 SEC 3468 6 Texas A&M 23 Big 12 3434 7 Miami (Fl) 31 ACC 3325 8 Notre Dame 17 Indep 3214 9 South Carolina 24 SEC 3130 10 UCLA 27 Pac-12 2971
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure where this is coming from, since you don't identify your source. Rivals.com had ND # 15 for 2012, #10 for 2011, and #14 for 2010, and #21 for 2009. All that great recruiting and they're still mediorcre.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

and what has BC done in the soft ACC lately?  At 4-8 this year, looks like 3-9 in 2012, with UMAINE being a challange! Clemson was the ACC best a 70 point posting by WVU!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]and what has BC done in the soft ACC lately?  At 4-8 this year, looks like 3-9 in 2012, with UMAINE being a challange! Clemson was the ACC best a 70 point posting by WVU!

Looking forward again to that intense rivalry game with Buffalo in 2012?
    What about Fordham? That would be a great rematch after that thriller last year.
    I hear Towson, Fairfield, and Central Connecticut are also coming up on the schedule
    The future is bright for uconn football! I predict another 5 win season in 2012

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : What's your source for this recruiting info? I'm not doubting you, but I just want to follow this more closely.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/1/18/2714966/boston-college-football-recruiting-update-akeel-lynch-oklahoma-penn-state

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In taking a look at BC 2012 recruiting class on National signing day, it appears the BC unfortunates have a long way to go to attract scout.com five star athletes. Could it be Spazzoo is unattractive as a recruiter, or the College does not have the venues, or pizzaz?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Vote on the bigger/better recent football accomplishment:

1. Unconn getting to a BCS game.
    2. BC being ranked #2 in the country 10 weeks into the season.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Vote on the bigger/better recent football accomplishment: 1. Unconn getting to a BCS game. 2. BC being ranked #2 in the country 10 weeks into the season.
    Posted by momort

Interesting question, momort. In 2010, the year that UConn got into the BCS, it was 8-5 (and was trounced by Oklahoma 48-20 in the 2011 Fiesta Bowl). In the six computer rankings averaged by the BCS ranking formula, the Huskies finished an average of 52nd, according to the Wall Street Journal. There are 120 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Not a great accomplishment.
    The year BC rose to #2 (2007) in both the Coaches' Poll and BCS rankings after beating Va Tech, they lost to the same team in the ACC championship game. BC finished the year 11-3 after beating Mich. State in the Champs Sports Bowl.
    The edge goes to BC. 
    BC QB Matt Ryan was drafted #3 overall in the 2008 draft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : uconn-  bcs definitely.  rankings don't mean anything although I did find this gem when I tried googling your #2 claim.  BC is #1 for something----finally http://www.coacheshotseat.com/
    Posted by Donnnn

Yeh, he's #1 because he should be unemployed already...

Those AD compensation packages present a really wide range of pay.  GDF is way overpaid, but I can't believe how much Gladchuk is making at Navy to shuffle paperwork.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

Red Baron, I wonder if this guy Doug Martin can help with the recruiting.  His pedigree of schools is not impressive but the offenses he runs alway increase dramatically in offense after he arrives.  There is a good article on Martin in the local New Mexico State paper. My biggest concern this coming season is actually defense.  Our offense should definitely improve, but we are going to be playing a lot of high powered offenses and our defense this past year was hit or miss.  With Kuechly and Hollaway gone, there are going to be some gaps to fill.  Our LB corps should still be surprisingly strong.
    Posted by crm222

CRM, I'm happy to hear that you found some good information regarding Doug Martin, I haven't been sold on him yet, I guess time will tell how he does. He definitely has an experienced group coming back on the offense, especially if Montel Harris returns to his previous form. This definitely could be a high powered offense next year. BC's offensive line has under-achieved the last three years, so I think that the addition of Jim Bollman as OL coach will help bring the O-Line back to respectability. As far as the defense goes, the loss of Kuechly and even Hollaway (what was he thinking?) will hurt a lot, however, there were only 3 seniors on the 22 player defensive two-deep and Kaleb Ramsey, C.J. Jones and Conner Wujciak all return from injuries, so they do have the potential of having a very good defense - but as you pointed out, they will be going against a lot of high powered offenses. Spring football isn't really that far away, I'm looking forward to it.

Sections
Shortcuts