BC Football Recruiting Results

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: BC Football Recruiting Results

In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : Interesting question, momort. In 2010, the year that UConn got into the BCS, it was 8-5 (and was trounced by Oklahoma 48-20 in the 2011 Fiesta Bowl). In the six computer rankings averaged by the BCS ranking formula, the Huskies finished an average of 52nd, according to the Wall Street Journal. There are 120 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Not a great accomplishment. The year BC rose to #2 (2007) in both the Coaches' Poll and BCS rankings after beating Va Tech, they lost to the same team in the ACC championship game. BC finished the year 11-3 after beating Mich. State in the Champs Sports Bowl. The edge goes to BC.  BC QB Matt Ryan was drafted #3 overall in the 2008 draft.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

I think BC #2 is much much more of an accomplishment.  The ONLY reason that Uconn made a BCS bowl is because the best team in the BE was ranked 52nd.  So you tell me, what's better, 52nd or 11th (bc's final ranking)? 

Of course Donnn think that uconn being the benefactor of a crooked system is the better accomplishment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : agreed.  As much as I complain about BC it falls mostly on GDF and Spaz running the BC teams into the ground.  I am a Uconn fan but I did like seeing BC be competitive in football and hoops but lately that is not the case. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

and it never will in the Northeast, or the Rust Belt; Sun, California hotties, great athletic great venues, tradition, NFL scouts, coaches, 80,000+, cocktail parties. Spazz, or no Spazzoo, Northeast football  = ????? Nationally, the also rans, which make up the "rest" of the story.

Love that RBC Center, now you know why Jimmy OB left BC!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Believe you are quoting Pete Carroll's obsevation on USC football and his excitment in being a head coach at this outstanding University!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

CM's Williams picks Ohio St.

BC can't even recruit in it's own back yard .... @ Catholic Memorial they even consider BC small time! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]CM's Williams picks Ohio St. BC can't even recruit in it's own back yard .... @ Catholic Memorial they even consider BC small time! 
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Sorry to put a dent in BC misfortunes, however, Shane DeBona a #1 recruit out of "Deluxbury" is a bust at IOWA. Ferentz recruited him 2009 for TE, and converted him to LB and this didn't work out ... Omar Early, Everett RB never went anywhere after the 'Cuse and struggled his Collegiate career, except when the 'Cuse played BC. He never fullfilled his potential in the NFL and was cut. Both recruits Globe #1.

Thrust of the post, be careful of MIAA rankings and talent assessment, it's not Florida, Texas, or Georgia!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Dwight Freeney #1 ranking out of Bloomfield High (CT) ... now, that is talent assessment the 'Cuse developed!

typos corrrected ... for our Solon Ohio fan living in 1948

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : Sorry to put a dent in BC misfortunes, however, Shane DeBona a #1 recruit out of "Deluxbury" is a bust at IOWA. Ferentz recruited him 2009 for TE, and converted him to LB and this didn't work out ... Omar Early, Everett RB never went anywhere after the 'Cuse and struggled his Collegiate career, except when the 'Cuse played BC. He never fullfilled his potential in the NFL and was cut. Both recruits Globe #1. Thrust of the post, be careful of MIAA rankings and talent assessment, it's not Florida, Texas, or Georgia!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    Omar Early??? Maybe you're thinking of Omar EASY, who was the Gatorade and USA Today Mass. Player of the Year in 1996, then went to Penn State, NOT Syracuse, and was a 4th round pick of the Raiders. Thrust of the post, try to get your facts straight before you post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Dwight Feeney #1 ranking out of Bloomberg High (CT) ... now, that is talent assessment the 'Cuse developed!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    Cheeroh, your credibility has hit a new low. It's Dwight FREENEY, not FEENEY, and he attended BloomFIELD high in CT., not BloomBERG. You try to come across like you know what you're talking about, but you're clueless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : Cheeroh, your credibility has hit a new low. It's Dwight FREENEY, not FEENEY, and he attended BloomFIELD high in CT., not BloomBERG. You try to come across like you know what you're talking about, but you're clueless.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]
    typo moron Calm down ... have Spazoo visit CM earlier next year perhaps he'll come in third place?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Omar Easy was drafted by the Chiefs, not the Raiders. Also, I'm thinking the 'Cuse running back who killed BC was Diamond Ferri

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Omar Easy was drafted by the Chiefs, not the Raiders. Also, I'm thinking the 'Cuse running back who killed BC was Diamond Ferri
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]
    You're right on both counts. Ferri was the defensive back who played both ways against BC and killed their chances for a BCS game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

O'Brien and Matty Ice choked on that one, big day. It's a trend that's unfortunately continued for them throughout their careers.  We'd be glad however, to have anyone of similar quality back on campus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien and Matty Ice choked on that one, big day. It's a trend that's unfortunately continued for them throughout their careers.  We'd be glad however, to have anyone of similar quality back on campus.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

Matt Ryan choked in that game??? He was a freshman and that was his first start so it's a bit of a stretch and unfair to say that he choked.
    Most of the blame for that game goes to the coach and a defense that didn't show up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

Sam Grant, one of the more promising TE recruits from Ohio, just decommitted.  Now down to 13 I believe.  This is one of the worst recruiting jobs I can remember at BC and it will take years to overcome the inevitable impact.  Does the AD see what is going on with this program?  Does he have his head in the sand?  WHAT IN BLAZES ARE THEY DOING TO THEIR FOOTBALL PROGRAM AT THE HEIGHTS - DOES ANYBODY CARE UP THERE ANYMORE? And the school is paying well more than 2 million dollars a year collectively for this performance?  Further, this kid decommitted without having committed to another program!  What does that tell you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Omar Easy was a bust for the Chiefs, never lasted, and was cut!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]Sam Grant, one of the more promising TE recruits from Ohio, just decommitted.  Now down to 13 I believe.  This is one of the worst recruiting jobs I can remember at BC and it will take years to overcome the inevitable impact.  Does the AD see what is going on with this program?  Does he have his head in the sand?  WHAT IN BLAZES ARE THEY DOING TO THEIR FOOTBALL PROGRAM AT THE HEIGHTS - DOES ANYBODY CARE UP THERE ANYMORE?  WHAT - MORE FEEBLE EXCUSES!!  YOU GUYS ARE GROSSLY OVERPAID FOR THE PERFORMANCE BEING DELIVERED.
    Posted by Fukowi[/QUOTE]

Easy there it's all academic, as the new AP Rankings are out and it's Matt Barkley & LSU in the BCS National Championship game in 2013. USC is locked & loaded. Fortunately for BC, their game with USC is in 2013! Stick with Stony Brook.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : Here we go again TROLL ... bringing up yes'ter year. Ryan's true colors came out when he went against Eli, a much better QB, and a winner, where Matty Ice inherited the loser traits of the BC Maroon & Gold. Choked against the G-Men and in the last three playoff games did he not TROLL? One & Out Matty Melted Ice! And you know the NFL? Stick with your BC sand lot team!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Hey ****head
    I didn't bring it up, another poster did
    And if you want to continue this topic of "chokers" look in the mirror.

Every one of your posts is a huge CHOKE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : Matt Ryan choked in that game??? He was a freshman and that was his first start so it's a bit of a stretch and unfair to say that he choked. Most of the blame for that game goes to the coach and a defense that didn't show up
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

OK maybe a little over critical of him for freshman year.  In general though, I think TOB was always far too willing to accept failure in the big game, and remains so.  I think that became part of Ryan's make up, though otherwise he is an excellent qb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : OK maybe a little over critical of him for freshman year.  In general though, I think TOB was always far too willing to except failure in the big game, and remains so.  I think that became part of Ryan's make up, though otherwise he is an excellent qb.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

I think that was TOBs biggest problem - couldn't get his team ready for key games. Too many losses in games that could have or should have been won. Although I would take TOB back in a minute today. His worst day is better than Spaz's best day.

And a preemptive strike to the obsessed haters because I know they will respond to this
    **** YOU

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

[QUOTE]Sam Grant, one of the more promising TE recruits from Ohio, just decommitted.  Now down to 13 I believe.  This is one of the worst recruiting jobs I can remember at BC and it will take years to overcome the inevitable impact.  Does the AD see what is going on with this program?  Does he have his head in the sand?  WHAT IN BLAZES ARE THEY DOING TO THEIR FOOTBALL PROGRAM AT THE HEIGHTS - DOES ANYBODY CARE UP THERE ANYMORE? And the school is paying well more than 2 million dollars a year collectively for this performance?  Further, this kid decommitted without having committed to another program!  What does that tell you?
    Posted by Fukowi[/QUOTE]
    I don't see how one bad recruiting year is going to take years to overcome. They didn't lose a lot of players this year to graduation and some of their most promising players of last year (Brian Miller, Connor Wujciak) were injured, so they'll be essentially starting as freshmen this coming year. Miller was a highly touted TE coming out of high school (I believe that he was ranked 9th in the country), so maybe Grant saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to get much playing time. One bad year of recruiting won't hurt them what-so-ever. Now if they get another bad recruiting class next year, then that certainly could have a lasting impact, but I don't see it happening. The football program will be fine, things will start coming together this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Football Recruiting Results : I don't see how one bad recruiting year is going to take years to overcome. They didn't lose a lot of players this year to graduation and some of their most promising players of last year (Brian Miller, Connor Wujciak) were injured, so they'll be essentially starting as freshmen this coming year. Miller was a highly touted TE coming out of high school (I believe that he was ranked 9th in the country), so maybe Grant saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to get much playing time. One bad year of recruiting won't hurt them what-so-ever. Now if they get another bad recruiting class next year, then that certainly could have a lasting impact, but I don't see it happening. The football program will be fine, things will start coming together this year.
    Posted by RedBaron[/QUOTE]

Red, this isn't "one" bad year, it's a trend.  The level of athleticism has dropped dramatically, you can see it on the field.  And with this class it's not going to get better.  Anyone who thinks Spaz will get to the level that TOB did is delusional.

25. This post has been removed.