BC Hockey Wins Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

Re: BC Hockey Wins Again

yeah on campus i didnt hear anything about buses. the only thing i heard about the game was the regular season ticket holder email about the ticket sale for the games. it wasnt promoted enough

had they encouraged people to go to the game, and made it clear that there were buses going to and from worcester, i know attendance wouldnt have been much of an issue. i for one, at least, definitely would have gone. i didnt want to have to figure out how to get to and from worcester on my own on a sunday night

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

there just isnt enough hype on campus. the large number of diehards all follow hockey and always will. but, UGBC (student gov), the AD, and the admin do very little to get people pumped up about sports. theres no rallies (besides the ice jam for basketball and hockey), no spirit days, no nothing. this is in general, not just for hockey season. BC needs to help get the students excited for all of the teams and games. its so much easier to get students interested when the entire community is supporting athletics. its a uniting factor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Local people go to the hockey games, ( not because BC does anything to help, people just like ( or don't  like) BC hockey....at least there is some passion. As far as local government/ community support. I agree if Newton says 'no' before anything is even presented. As for the BC football experience, I think BC uses the area parking as a way to hold up its own fans.....there is a lot of room on game day....and the bus from Needham is not full either...Official BC needs to do something. It is great that school comes first at BC, I agree. The student support of the sports teams in general is weak at BC and that is a new situation (last 5 years) ....I'm sure I'll see you at the Duke or BU (hockey) game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again:
    [QUOTE]i agree that the attendance wasnt great, but i mean come on. as a BC student, HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO GET ALL THE WAY TO WORCESTER AND BACK FOR AN 8PM SUNDAY NIGHT GAME?? atrocious scheduling. i wouldve loved to go, but school does come first. know many students who wouldve loved to go. we got shafted tmathuna: what do you mean that BC gets great local support? Newton/Boston fights us everytime we plan to build anything on campus. dont even get me started on tailgating. the neighbors screw us over so bad on that, its sad how it has a negative effect on the gameday experience. WEEI sucks. i have very little respect for the globe either. do the minimum in covering BC sports; the only top-tier college athletic program in boston area. i have respect for the other college hockey programs around here, BC has no business in having more coverage than the others in that area (probably an exception as of late because of the frozen four appearances). but i mean, come on! at least get some sort of Globe run blog for BC football and BBall!! yeah, they suck now, but they wont forever
    Posted by chitown chicity[/QUOTE]

School come first?  come on Chitown.  While you may feel that way I know the vast majority of students, if they wanted to, could easily make it to Worcester for an 8pm game.  It's Sunday night for pete's sake.  I made it to the game and I have an actual job i wake up at 6am for.  don't give me this school work excuse, that's so lame.  college kids have more free time that anyone out there.  there is no event scheduled at any time that a college kid can't make.....BC kids don't show up because they don't care AND because the school does a horrific job of even attempting to get support going.  While I blame a lot on the school itself, the student body is and always has been pretty bad at making an effort to fill the stands, even at home games on campus.

School comes first?!  HA, that's a funny comment...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]yeah on campus i didnt hear anything about buses. the only thing i heard about the game was the regular season ticket holder email about the ticket sale for the games. it wasnt promoted enough had they encouraged people to go to the game, and made it clear that there were buses going to and from worcester, i know attendance wouldnt have been much of an issue. i for one, at least, definitely would have gone. i didnt want to have to figure out how to get to and from worcester on my own on a sunday night

Again with this "Sunday night" thing.  You and I had very different college experiences....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

the question is why has it been weak as of late? its discouraging to be the one of the only one of my friends who goes consistently to all the games. the fact that my roommate follows uconn bball rather than bc bball pisses me off beyond belief. we all lose a lot from this lack of school camaraderie

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

wow good job mr cut and paste; almost as good as your job with the masters, but has nothing to do with disproving the fact that UML owns Tsongas

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : Not correct. by reasons denied troll The general reasons for the change from prohibited transaction rules to excise taxes on self-dealing are set out in General Explanation of The Tax Reform Act of 1969 (December 3, 1970), prepared by the Staff of the Joint Committee on Internal Revenue Taxation. Paraphrasing the Explanation, arm’s-length standards have proved to require disproportionately greater enforcement efforts, resulting in sporadic and uncertain effectiveness of the provisions. On occasion the sanctions were ineffective and tended to discourage the expenditure of enforcement effort. On the other hand, in many cases the sanctions were so great in comparison to the offense involved, that they caused reluctance in enforcement, especially in view of the element of subjectivity in applying arm’s-length standards. Where the Service did seek to apply sanctions in such circumstances, the same factors encouraged extensive litigation and a noticeable reluctance by the courts to uphold severe sanctions. Consequently, as a practical matter, prior law did not preserve the integrity of private foundations. To minimize the need to apply subjective arm’s-length standards, to avoid the temptation to misuse private foundations for noncharitable purposes, to provide a more rational relationship between sanctions and improper acts, and to make it more practical to properly enforce the law, the Act generally prohibits self-dealing transactions and provides a variety and graduation of sanctions. This is based on the belief by the Congress that the highest fiduciary standards require complete elimination of all self-dealing rather than arm’s-length standards  Add in the dim wit Marty "Three Terms Limits" Meehan whose inability to negotiate and thank Aramark for the rescue at a price! .   KNOW YOUR FACTS AND GET OFF THE BLOGS AND ONTO BUSINESS JOURNALS IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND 12 GRADE JOURNALISM?
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

you may want to take your own advice. here, you can find this anywhere and i have a friend in the administration but what ever.

"UMass Lowell acquired the former Tsongas Arena in February 2010 and renamed it the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell with the mission of creating the region’s premier venue for entertainment and sports. After the acquisition, the university immediately launched a round of extensive renovations to the $24 million building, both inside and out. The changes include a new video scoreboard and LED “ribbon” boards; the spectacular club and premium seating of the Lowell Cooperative Bank Pavilion; the new Talon Club and University Suite rooms; a new, 60-speaker sound system; all-new concessions; new signs and other visual enhancements; interactive tributes to outstanding former UMass Lowell athletes; and a permanent exhibit honoring the late U.S. Sen. Paul Tsongas, a Lowell native.  Currently, a brand new ice system and dasher board system are being installed with a new fall-arrest protection system also scheduled for installation."

If you have not been, it's a great venue, UML did a great job with the renovations to their arena

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

right because a lot of other colleges' main venues are owned by someone else

what is the difference between building a new complex and buying soemthing and renovating it like they did.  UMASS did it

the other stuff you have is your usual nonsense.

You need to get out there and work on your game for that masters whatever-it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : Again with this "Sunday night" thing.  You and I had very different college experiences....
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

i have to disagree with the whole bc students dont care period thing. both nights of the beanpot were school nights, and we all made it to the garden even though both games were at around 8. a bunch of us ended up having to pull all nighters to finish papers. getting to worcester without a shuttle and going to dt boston are completely different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : I appreciate the spirit but disagree with some of these premises. The Globe supports BC better than it needs to.  The school gets a beat reporter for all major sports, and in general gets better column size and placement than any other institution around...this as confirmed by the many haters on forums. As for students getting to the game, Sunday night may have been a challenge due to Monday classes, but what of 4pm on a Saturday, a game known about all week?  Unless things have changed, many students do have vehicles.  And if BC does nothing to help transport students back and forth to Worcester, then you're right, the athletic and development depts should be held accountable.  What's the point of having a local placement in the regionals if nobody shows up? This is not taking pressure of the alumni assoc for not promoting and pushing for attendance locally, inexcusable.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

youre right, I agree with your thoughts on globe coverage. but still, WEEI?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : youre right, I agree with your thoughts on globe coverage. but still, WEEI?

WEEI ratings are low enough moron without adding Boston College Hockey into the mix. By the way, did you go to beautifull downtown Worcester to catch the derelicts wandering in DCU Center from nearby Union Station? Also, thought the BC Band needed a little tune up from there lack of NCAA Bowl activity????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

What we need is for all BC puckheads to go trolling to Tampa, with there big fat college loan payment books, instead of ranting about BC Hockey and put it to rest. Boston media could care less about BC hockey, and could care less about Anson Carters' Zanek's rants about Michigan State way back in yester' year!  Notice Flippo wasn't in "blighted" Worcester!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : youre right, I agree with your thoughts on globe coverage. but still, WEEI?

WEEI used to carry BC hockey along with hoops and football.  Unfortunately, it was determined that advertising would not provide enough compensation for the rights, so they decided to go with mindless mikey for nights the celtics or red sox are not being boradcast.

Overall the radio rights and coverage for BC sports has waned badley since it was sold to a national revenue generator. This places its situation lower than other local colleges, because at least they can make their own deals.  BC is tied to radio network committments that must be worked out before ayone picks up their games.  This was, most likely, GDF taking an easy route with initial payback, that has caused harm in the long run, another check in the negative column for GDF.  At least BZ-FM decided to carry some Friday hockey night games, but not really a solution.  There's always ZBC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]What we need is for all BC puckheads to go trolling to Tampa, with there big fat college loan payment books, instead of ranting about BC Hockey and put it to rest. Boston media could care less about BC hockey, and could care less about Anson Carters' Zanek's rants about Michigan State way back in yester' year!  Notice Flippo wasn't in "blighted" Worcester!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

What we need is for you and your other 12 year old online identities to know that this discussion is about BC hockey. So what you think about it is only relevant to you and your alternate keyboard realities down in the basement behind the furnace. Go get yourself a stinger for the hoops final four since it's such an important part of your life.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

actually BC hockey is carried by WBZ-FM  the Sports Hub with better ratings than WEEI.  Think BC might have something to do with it?

I did meet a bunch of derelicts but it would have been nice to find out more about your extended family

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : WEEI used to carry BC hockey along with hoops and football.  Unfortunately, it was determined that advertising would not provide enough compensation for the rights, so they decided to go with mindless mikey for nights the celtics or red sox are not being boradcast. Overall the radio rights and coverage for BC sports has waned badley since it was sold to a national revenue generator. This places its situation lower than other local colleges, because at least they can make their own deals.  BC is tied to radio network committments that must be worked out before ayone picks up their games.  This was, most likely, GDF taking an easy route with initial payback, that has caused harm in the long run, another check in the negative column for GDF.  At least BZ-FM decided to carry some Friday hockey night games, but not really a solution.  There's always ZBC.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Is there any chance for BC to dump the Fenway Group (and the people who agreed to it) and go back to being just BC (not BC of the ACC i.e. "everybody in the ACC has fees")?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]Is there any chance for BC to dump the Fenway Group (and the people who agreed to it) and go back to being just BC (not BC of the ACC i.e. "everybody in the ACC has fees")?
    Posted by tmathuna[/QUOTE]

That would most likely require a leadership change so the program may need to sink further towards a bottoming out...scary thought.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : i have to disagree with the whole bc students dont care period thing. both nights of the beanpot were school nights, and we all made it to the garden even though both games were at around 8. a bunch of us ended up having to pull all nighters to finish papers. getting to worcester without a shuttle and going to dt boston are completely different.

I just don't see it.  Are you in honors?  (and if you are, awesome, keep at it).  I went to almost all games, did all my work, got good grades and was able to have more free time than I ever imagined....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]actually BC hockey is carried by WBZ-FM  the Sports Hub with better ratings than WEEI.  Think BC might have something to do with it? I did meet a bunch of derelicts but it would have been nice to find out more about your extended family
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Did you crawl in from Union Station with Meterperel ... or, as most of the country watch the Regions in the TD Garden?

Appears the NCAA open up the gates and let the WPI Engineers in to pump up the sparce attendence and add some geeks to watch a puck bounce around in an outdated Kelley Square venue.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : WEEI used to carry BC hockey along with hoops and football.  Unfortunately, it was determined that advertising would not provide enough compensation for the rights, so they decided to go with mindless mikey for nights the celtics or red sox are not being boradcast. Overall the radio rights and coverage for BC sports has waned badley since it was sold to a national revenue generator. This places its situation lower than other local colleges, because at least they can make their own deals.  BC is tied to radio network committments that must be worked out before ayone picks up their games.  This was, most likely, GDF taking an easy route with initial payback, that has caused harm in the long run, another check in the negative column for GDF.  At least BZ-FM decided to carry some Friday hockey night games, but not really a solution.  There's always ZBC.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

Might want to talk to the inferior ESPNU on Anson Carter's performance ... alot like Flutie Flakes TERRIBLE!