BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes

If you are a BC grad; the news today that they are tied for 2nd in overall athlete grad rates is commendable. Unfortunatley, ND is #1. In any case, BC is in top flight company with ND, Duke, Northwestern, Rice and Navy. Now, we (BC) needs to figure out how those three teams they play in football (ND, Duke and Northwestern) seem to be able to recruit as well as they do. I guess someone in editing forgot to put UCT on the list; I'm sure it was an oversight... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Re: BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes

Not only do the athletes at other schools want to graduate, but they want to learn something. Good High School courses are more educational than courses offered at Bumbles College.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beaver5. Show beaver5's posts

Golden Eagle.
    Having grown up in a time when fierce rivalries (B.C/H.C, Harvard/Yale), etc. were sports page news for a WEEK before the game, I miss most what took place AFTER the game. SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS  one to another. RESPECT, one to another. And we rooted FOR our sister school (The "hated" 'Cross ) every time they played anyone in any sport. And "hate" as defined was never part of the equation. But we were lucky back then. 
    The big difference??? EASY!
    We had an identity, a purpose in life.  We actually HAD A LIFE! besides sports. We rooted FOR someone.
    I have known for MANY YEARS about the "HATE B.C." mob. Here the definition of "hate" is artfully pracriced.
    Imagine what that life must be like when you have nothing that you feel positively strong about to  support them, but waste precious time spewing venom and hate against another. 
    I wonder if they would be willing to tell us "WHY" this behavior.
    But then again, who cares? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

how did I know Donnn would jump in on this one...what a loser.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

how do you feel about UCONN missing the 2013 hoop tourney due to their academic failings?  Is Calhoun doing his job in this regard?

It is not an excuse to praise the academics, it is something to be proud of.  WE do after all discuss student atheletes in the NCAA, although that is difficult in the NBA farm team that UCONN has become

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes : Screenname ... please think before you post! I KNOW THAT'S UNUSUAL FOR A BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE GRAD!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

cheerio = whr = postingking = 82ab = (who did I leave out)

Same drivel every post.

Same random irrelevant references to local towns and places: BHCC, Chelsea, Everett, Brockton, Route 128

Same obscure, misspelled or  misused words and phrases: obsecure, trolls, drolls, rust belt, insipid

Same ambuguity as to whether he/she is from or lives in the south or New England

Same grammatical gibberish

Same occasional digs at the Boston pro sports teams while also praising the Yankees/Jets/Giants

Wonder how he/she determines which name to post under on any given day?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle-1. Show Eagle-1's posts

Don't put notre dame and stanford in the same academic discussion. It is not close.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Whenever things so sour and really bad, the BC media pansies send the WEAK embarrassing, lame, laughable (CUE MUSIC)  

......bing.....Graduation Rate Card!!!

up to the ESPN House Stooges.

Every big telecast, every year.

We are wimps and losers!!

Then the TOBlunders0-15 years and no titles and the rest of the BC pablum puking propaganda for panglossian puscadores.

CF is big business kids? Payoffs? Checks? Recruiting?

Look at all the slow white BC recruits and failure to recruit 4 and 5 star black talent to give them the chance to succeed?

Go look at the last 3 years of kids coming to BC to play for that idiot Spazoo and now the low end players are questioning our program???!!!!

DISASTER with GDF and Spazoo!!

GDF is a utter FAILURE!

This CFA is a business.

Chop off GDF's and Spazoo's heads or close down the business school?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nozlman. Show nozlman's posts

We, NO ONE should ever confuse athletic weakness for academic excellence. Two words is all the proof one needs; Ivy League.

Boston College is a fine, very fine institution, make no mistake about that!!!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nozlman. Show nozlman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes : Thanks SJS for this wisdom, however, after last night's game TROLL in Tuskaloosa you need to get a life and reality check! Now go light a candle this morning as the landscape has changed. You and your BC alums are just peeing in the wind for greatness on the gridiron! No big Notre Dame Fan however, Our Lady in Indiana will be the second embarrassment your obsecure school here in Chestnut Hill will encounter! 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    If this response is addressed to me, I have NO affiliation with BC, or the Catholic Church. In fact, I am headed for hell one day, but in the meantime I happen to think BC is an excellent institution. JMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC in TOP 3 Grad Rates for ALL Athletes : cheerio = whr = postingking = 82ab = (who did I leave out) Same drivel every post. Same random irrelevant references to local towns and places: BHCC, Chelsea, Everett, Brockton, Route 128 Same obscure, misspelled or  misused words and phrases: obsecure, trolls, drolls, rust belt, insipid Same ambuguity as to whether he/she is from or lives in the south or New England Same grammatical gibberish Same occasional digs at the Boston pro sports teams while also praising the Yankees/Jets/Giants Wonder how he/she determines which name to post under on any given day?
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

PROVPATS-= JERRY FLETCHER!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

With the high school level of education at Brainless College my 10 year old would graduate. One of lamest reasons reasons used to turn BC into anything more than a low grade prep school

Sections
Shortcuts