BC NCAA tourney seed?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: BC NCAA tourney seed?

In response to Donnnn's comment:

CBS at 6 o'clock indians!  Get those rabbit ears up on your TV!   Lets see where BC gets seeded!

You seem upset Donnnn. Very Cheeroh-like responding to your own question with 2 consecutive posts. Friendly banter, remember! And, I remind you, BC will be seeded exactly where UConn will be seeded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Another banner year for BC hoops!   You can kid yourself that BC is improving but with new BE adds, their record will suffer.  As for Uconn, big difference between not being good enough 2 be in tourney and being banned.  Indians, remind me how many national titles BC hoops has?

LOT'S OF TALK, LOT'S OF BRAVADO, AND THERE AT HOME WISTLING DIXIE WITH 82 AIRBORE MAN GOING NOWHERE... TERRIBLE ATHLETIC PROGRAM .  

BC ALUMS REMIND ME OF DICKY V RANTING ALL OVER THE PLACE TONIGHT ABOUT HIS ACC FRAUDS!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

I am an alumnus. I don't beleive that I have ever ranted. Nor have I ever said anything against any other school, nor would I do so. No one ever said that BC would be in the NCAA tournament. Did we hope, sure. Not enough wins made that not happen. Are we improving, yes. Athletic programs go through ups and downs. Few are fortunate to always be near the top. Good luck to all of you. Go Miami!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

I am an alumnus. I don't beleive that I have ever ranted. Nor have I ever said anything against any other school, nor would I do so. No one ever said that BC would be in the NCAA tournament. Did we hope, sure. Not enough wins made that not happen. Are we improving, yes. Athletic programs go through ups and downs. Few are fortunate to always be near the top. Good luck to all of you. Go Miami!

BC was picked to finish last in the ACC and did better than that. As for the ranting, Donnnn just hates BC, because he thinks Gene D. blocked them from getting into the ACC, like he had that much influence. He forgets that the real problem was Calhoun, who always resented BC for picking Jim O'Brien for the BC coaching job back when Calhoun was at Northeastern, and when BC left the BE, Calhoun said he would never schedule BC again. Also, Donnnn doesn't think Donahue is a good coach and keeps repeating that he was lucky at Cornell when a 7-footer "fell into his lap." Donnn's OK if you can actually get him into a "discussion," and away from his anti-BC rants. He says he likes to engage in the banter, and recently returned to this discussion after an absence of several months. The others, Cheeroh, UNDKing, PostingKing, TrojanFever, Sailman are total idiots, which is why I put them all on "Ignore."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Unfortunately,  as you have been lumped in with the other idiots that has posted below you, who dreams of the Doug Flutie Days which are gone, and a basketball program sitting at home for the 3rd consecutive year as the 1948 roach still dreams of grandeur.

Truly gives the other BC alums, and followers the personification of hair brain idiots and put them on the CTL ALT DEL status on the new Globe list.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Donn, surprised you resorted to it, but maybe it was the Patty's Day beverage, maybe you were just tweaking the BC community and hoping to spark another flaming session.

I don't rant about BC, I admit when they stink and enjoy when they succeed. I know they're not a sports factory, but I am a fan of the program anyway.  I also know plenty of BC alums can leave a bad impresson, though I thiink that's true of alums from anywhere to some extent.

I like seeing Uconn succeed too.  BC blew it for the long haul when they passed over Calhoun decades ago, and I told anyone who would listen that they blew it.  Uconn snagged him and the rest is history...Still, I like to support the program, and I think Donahue is making progress.  I enjoy discussing the program though that's deliberately difficult to accomplish in here due to the 12 yr old hater community.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

I don't know any BC rant and ravers. I know plenty that always support the program and say, "Go Eagles!"  Of course we should play UMass and Uconn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to trbow's comment:

Donn, surprised you resorted to it, but maybe it was the Patty's Day beverage, maybe you were just tweaking the BC community and hoping to spark another flaming session.

I don't rant about BC, I admit when they stink and enjoy when they succeed. I know they're not a sports factory, but I am a fan of the program anyway.  I also know plenty of BC alums can leave a bad impresson, though I thiink that's true of alums from anywhere to some extent.

I like seeing Uconn succeed too.  BC blew it for the long haul when they passed over Calhoun decades ago, and I told anyone who would listen that they blew it.  Uconn snagged him and the rest is history...Still, I like to support the program, and I think Donahue is making progress.  I enjoy discussing the program though that's deliberately difficult to accomplish in here due to the 12 yr old hater community.

I agree with everything you say, except about Calhoun. O'Brien struggled for a few years, but built a program from the ground up, like Donahue is doing now, and got a team to the Final 8. Then the admissions department got involved, blocked some of his recruits, and he left. Do you think that Calhoun would have handled it better? He would have snapped a lot earlier because he could recruit a lot of marginal academic kids at UConn.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

I agree with everything you say, except about Calhoun. O'Brien struggled for a few years, but built a program from the ground up, like Donahue is doing now, and got a team to the Final 8. Then the admissions department got involved, blocked some of his recruits, and he left. Do you think that Calhoun would have handled it better? He would have snapped a lot earlier because he could recruit a lot of marginal academic kids at UConn.

Sean williams, chris herron?  Not mensa material they let in so lets not act like BC only allows great students in who happen to play hoops..  not sure about scoonie penn who seemed to be the reason o'brien left but has to be more to that story

It wasn't about Scoonie Penn, but the recruits from Boston who were blocked by admissions after Scoonie. Williams was a bright kid, as an English prof friend who had him in class has told me. Herren and Williams had problems with substance abuse, not academics. Had Herren not been hurt in the first half of the first game he ever played at BC, it might have been a different story, but he seems to be doing well now, and I'm happy for him. Anyway, I'm enjoying watching Jeff Green have the game of his life!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

This discussion has its limits and should end.

This is a very sad showing in the Tourney of Northeast schools in this embarrassing region of pseudo academia.  Woeful to say, snow amounts get more attention than NCAA Basketball.  A failure to appreciate the meaning of the term win, as this has been an enigma for knows when in Beantownie USA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

CBS at 6 o'clock indians!  Get those rabbit ears up on your TV!   Lets see where BC gets seeded!

What do they do at BC other than ridicule, and accuse the opposition? Must be sad going through life with their inferiority complex, and jealous rants at classes which extenuated their learning?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

What do they do at BC other than ridicule, and accuse the opposition? Must be sad going through life with their inferiority complex, and jealous rants at classes which extenuated their learning?

We went to class, earned a degree, got jobs, earned a living and paid for the next generation to go to school. We all still follow our team and hope they do well. In life and in sport as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

We went to class, earned a degree, got jobs, earned a living and paid for the next generation to go to school. We all still follow our team and hope they do well. In life and in sport as well.

Well put, Dobbins. I don't have any ill will against any of the student athletes who are competing, but I have a lot of issues with many of their egomaniacal coaches. Being down here in the Naples area for a couple of months, I have to root fot FGCU and their coach Andy Enfield against Georgetown, even though I picked the Hoyas to go to the Final Four.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

Well put, Dobbins. I don't have any ill will against any of the student athletes who are competing, but I have a lot of issues with many of their egomaniacal coaches. Being down here in the Naples area for a couple of months, I have to root fot FGCU and their coach Andy Enfield against Georgetown, even though I picked the Hoyas to go to the Final Four.

I picked FGCU in my upset pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Do us a favor and stay down there, and too bad your in the South, if we call "lilly white" Naples the South in Dixie!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

I picked FGCU in my upset pick.

I'm picking Louisville, knowing you folks like to pick losers as BC!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

I don't have FGCU going past a second game. It is an upset pick. As to your reference to "lily white", do you know what AHANA is? As NE is predominantly white, there is no surprise that the school might be one with a white majority. As the nation is predominantly white, what percentage are you looking for? BC is a great school that has a high academic standard. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Sean williams, chris herron?  Not mensa material they let in so lets not act like BC only allows great students in who happen to play hoops..  not sure about scoonie penn who seemed to be the reason o'brien left but has to be more to that story

It wasn't about Scoonie Penn, but the recruits from Boston who were blocked by admissions after Scoonie. Williams was a bright kid, as an English prof friend who had him in class has told me. Herren and Williams had problems with substance abuse, not academics. Had Herren not been hurt in the first half of the first game he ever played at BC, it might have been a different story, but he seems to be doing well now, and I'm happy for him. Anyway, I'm enjoying watching Jeff Green have the game of his life!

Yes u are right...was it padilla?

O'Brien had a prize recruiting class with Elton Tyler, Jonathan DaPina, Michael Bradley, and Sean Connelly, but  Tyler and DaPina, after apparently being accepted initially, were denied admission. Tyler went to Miami, DaPina to UMass, Bradley to Kentucky then Villanova, and Connelly to Providence then Ohio State. O'Brien went to Ohio State, and Penn followed him there. It was a total embarrassment, and a disaster for future recruiting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Yes u are right...was it padilla?

This clown is a little confused the long trail O'Brien had with the Jesuits and how the last BC administration under the grand stewardship of SJ King Bubba J. Donald Monan ran OB out of town. Jimmy tucked it to the Beheads Coaches Institute  with the remains of his contract and lived life happily after, before his problems began at OSU, and duplicated more winnings in the successful vertic reached before the Ohio Court of Claims on the balance of this contract.

Nice to see Blue Hair enjoying life playing  Shuffle Board, and still dreaming why the Beheads Coaches Institute is wallowing away in nthe ACC, and at Mary Anne’s filling out their brackets where they have no apparent vested interest.

Peace ... and put Indian troll on Ignore Donnn his opinions are warped!