BC vs UMASS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Digger65. Show Digger65's posts

BC vs UMASS

I received my season tickets a few days ago, and that is a surprise, generally
    I have to call and see if they were mailed from ARK.

Yesterday, I received a missive in the mail telling me that I could buy tickets
    to the BC-UMASS game for an additonal $32.50 per ticket.  Since it is a
    doubleheader that also includes Drexal-Northeastern in the opening game.

What bothers me is the $15.00 shipping and handling charge. 

BC thinks they are big time, and they are going to sell out the garden, I think not!

I have been a season ticket holder since the inception of the Big East, and
    have enjoyed many a game at Roberts Center, and Flutie Forum.

I can remember years ago they had a college double header at the old Garden
    on Dec 2, 1984, with BC playing Wake Forest, and B.U. vs North Carolina and
    they had approx 3,000 in attendance.

I will take my chances which I think will be good, and buy tickets at the
    Garden.

All I can think of is that some student stuffing the envelopes and putting
    a 44 cent stamp, not a bad profit.

I wish the team the best of luck and also their new coach in the upcoming
    season.  The problem lies with Gene, he is not AD but a COF and looking to
    get every dollor that he can out of the fans. 

Just remember BC means "BRING CASH"!!!

Digga

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Re: BC vs UMASS

The game at the Garden is technically a home game for UMass. The series was played at the Forum last season, so it would have been at the Mullins this year.

With Al Skinner gone I doubt the series will continue. The BC game is the only one that comes remotely close to selling out the Mullins and the Eagles had a scare the last time they were there against a bad UMass team. Stevie D wanted the game at the Garden so UMass' home game is just up the Green Line from BC. I guarentee 3/4 of the arena is in Maroon and Gold. Plus the Garden is happy not to have a half empty arena in an attempt to "expand the fanbase".

I'm not too happy the game is at the Garden either. The BC game was the only one I was remotely interesting in seeing. With the door to the Big East closed for good Rider, IUPUI, and Central Connecticut will be fixtures on the home schedule for a while. We'll be lucky to draw 3000.

Guess I'll gas up the truck and drive down to Storrs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

Stop "bellyaching" about BC prices. I am a BC alum from years (Lots of years) past and live in RI. So, whenever the basketball or hockey team play in this neighborhood, my wife and I attend. I purchased two tickets to the BC/URI basketball game on Dec 29th. Guess what guys--URI charged me $35 apiece..I know that is a bit more than BC's charges on a per game basis, because I also purchased a couple for a game on the campus at BC....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kebbjack. Show Kebbjack's posts

Actually the UMass guys wanted the game in Boston because they strongly believe that as they get better and better, two very strong recruiting classes and a third on the way, they want a statewide/New Englandwide exposure.  I for one believe that they will get there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Unfortunately, I will be at Conte Forum for BU vs. BC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rrnyc. Show rrnyc's posts

Looking forward to seeing this game in Boston and for Children's Hospital to benefit! They deserve it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

I think it is an indicator that a Basketball beanpot in Boston is going to happen in the future. The Hockey Tournament does pretty good. Why not put four Mass teams in the Garden for a two night tournament??? UMASS, BU, BC and NU have a lot of graduates and current students.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

UMass a 7 point favorite

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkelly1984. Show mkelly1984's posts

UMass wins big in their first big matchup of the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Both teams are terrible as it personifies Boston's collegiate sports ... second rate. Certainly, Duke would have a field day with this collection junior vasrsity trolls ... 

Sections
Shortcuts