Beanpot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Beanpot

Anyone watch last night's Beanpot tournament games.  I was happy to see the Huskies beat BU. Then again..I am always happy to see any team beat BU!

Boston College beat Harvard which was expected..however.. I was kind of hoping Harvard would get the win. In the history of the Beanpot..there has never been a Harvard v. Northeastern final. That would have been cool to see.

I only have one thought for the Beanpot final...go Huskies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Beanpot

In response to miscricket's comment:

Anyone watch last night's Beanpot tournament games.  I was happy to see the Huskies beat BU. Then again..I am always happy to see any team beat BU!

Boston College beat Harvard which was expected..however.. I was kind of hoping Harvard would get the win. In the history of the Beanpot..there has never been a Harvard v. Northeastern final. That would have been cool to see.

Pretty sad Bean Pot with a team as dreadful as Northeastern that Billerica Memorial High School could whip up on in the finals now is it not?

Perhaps, Catholic Memorial could give BU's Jackie Parker a run for the Pea Pot this year? 

For laughs, might send your comments to the boys out in the WCHA! 

Billerica Memorial in the Pea Pot Finals?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

I gather this is big time in bean town!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

Since zeeroh and sailor have weighed in on the Beanpot, that makes it official. Wipe out 60 years of college hockey history because they're too dumb to appreciate the significance of tradition and rivalries in college athletics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Since zeeroh and sailor have weighed in on the Beanpot, that makes it official. Wipe out 60 years of college hockey history because they're too dumb to appreciate the significance of tradition and rivalries in college athletics.

Now go back to Harrison Ave and put your Red/Black NU colors on and go Rah, Rah, Rah We're #1. 

In the meantime catch your Buffoons on tonight in Miami getting their A++ kicked all over South Beach in the ACC!

Rah Rah Rah We're #1 One in Bean town's Pea Pot!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Now go back to Harrison Ave and put your Red/Black NU colors on and go Rah, Rah, Rah We're #1. 

In the meantime catch your Buffoons on tonight in Miami getting their A++ kicked all over South Beach in the ACC!

Rah Rah Rah We're #1 One in Bean town's Pea Pot!

sailor, I truly worry about your and zeeroh's constant negativity in these posts. Here's a quote you might consider. "People who project negativity typically have low self-esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simply a reflection of those feelings." Try to think more positive thoughts. Do you really like anything except a BC/Northeastern Patriots/Celtics/Red Sox/Bruins loss? You might think about moving to Storrs, South Bend, Tuscaloosa, Pyongyang, or Tehran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

The definition of life’s losers is going back and forth on a worthless Hockey tournament is stupid. For those who must have the last word, please go back and reeducate yourself as you are all asinine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

How mindless must one be to comment on nothing, and expect other comments?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Can we say anything more about this embarrassment!

Baseball Basketball & Football Buffoon's a complete embarrassment in the ACC!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

Can we say anything more about this embarrassment!

Baseball Basketball & Football Buffoon's a complete embarrassment in the ACC!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

This is supposed to be about the Beanpot Tournament. I have regularly attended for years. I enjoy hockey and college hockey in particular. It is a great environment no matter who wins. All other sports issues should be dealt with in other discussions. Good luck to both teams in the finals. I'll be there with other hockey fans cheering on the game. 

p.s. the group I attend the Beanpot with will be there next year as well even if all 4 teams were sporting 4-16 records. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Everett running back Jakarrie Washington leads Massachusetts college recruits on National Signing Day! No BC In Everett on signing Day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

This is supposed to be about the Beanpot Tournament. I have regularly attended for years. I enjoy hockey and college hockey in particular. It is a great environment no matter who wins. All other sports issues should be dealt with in other discussions. Good luck to both teams in the finals. I'll be there with other hockey fans cheering on the game. 

p.s. the group I attend the Beanpot with will be there next year as well even if all 4 teams were sporting 4-16 records. 

Thank you for getting the point of my post. Boy..this is a tough and cranky crowd..lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

The ineptness at BC will linger for year as with their Basketball team who would want to go to BC?

History of losing perpetuates throughout the Heights.

BC not even ranked in the the Top 40 in recruits on National Signing Day... Embarasment continues at Jesuit !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In response to postingking's comment:

Hey postingqueen, your contributions are weakening.  They were amusing for a bit, but now, just inane efforts to join the insulting negativity. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to trbow's comment:

In response to postingking's comment:

Hey postingqueen, your contributions are weakening.  They were amusing for a bit, but now, just inane efforts to join the insulting negativity. 

Talk about negativity BC recruiting is about the same as it's basketball only it is ranked at #88. Nice show there troll Rosbury Latin, and the snake oil salesman's son!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Thank you for getting the point of my post. Boy..this is a tough and cranky crowd..lol

Actually it's neither.  What it is, is brain dead.  

This would be a good time to point out the return of the 'ignore' feature.  The problem is, the BC crowd that dominates this forum, can't seem to bring themselves to actually use it.  There is no slight, no matter how juvenile and uninspired, that they can ignore.  None.  

This goes a long way towards explaining some of the gibberish that gets posted here.  One or two clowns seem to be running an experiment, involving multiple sock pupperts, trying to find out if there's anything they will ignore.   So far the answer is no. 

Thanks for pointing out the ignore feature. It's been so long without it, I didn't even notice. Goodbye cheeroh/undking/sailman/trojanfever/whr/postingking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

One must wonder why BC is where it is by these recruiting classes. Incidently, 'Bama ranked #1, as Nick is quite a recruiter and this new BC coach does look like a snake oil salesman!

RecruitingNation Class Rankings:

Once again, Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide are the champions. For the fifth time in the last six years, Alabama has won the Rivals.com national recruiting title, led this time by three five-star prospects in defensive end Jonathan Allen, linebacker Reuben Foster and tight end O.J. Howard. Alabama wasn't the only SEC team to find success on the recruiting trail, however: the conference claimed six of the top 10 spots and 11 of the Top 25 in Rivals' class rankings. Here is the complete class breakdown:

RANK SCHOOL TOTAL COMMITS 5-STAR 4-STAR 3-STAR AVG. STARS POINTS 1 25 4 13 8 3.84 3,166 Instant impact: TE O.J. Howard. The Crimson Tide lose their top tight end from 2012, and Howard is far too talented not to compete for early playing time.

Bottom line: After falling behind Ohio State's class in the morning, the Crimson Tide finished Signing Day with a bang. Commitments from five-star defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson, four-star defensive end Dee Liner and four-star running back Alvin Kamara capped Alabama's prized haul -- the top-ranked crop in the nation for the fifth time in the past six years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

This would be a good time to point out the return of the 'ignore' feature.  The problem is, the BC crowd that dominates this forum, can't seem to bring themselves to actually use it.  There is no slight, no matter how juvenile and uninspired, that they can ignore.  None.  

This goes a long way towards explaining some of the gibberish that gets posted here.  One or two clowns seem to be running an experiment, involving multiple sock pupperts, trying to find out if there's anything they will ignore.   So far the answer is no. 

I ignore most of the drivel, but sometimes, a jab back seems appropriate. Unfortunately any discussion potential the forum might have is negated by the inanity, which is most likely the main goal of the few multiple logon personalities.  You're right, ignore buttons might help. But really, better moderation that keeps a thread on topic and keeps decorum would help better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Slim - I appreciate the fact that you are 1 of a very small number of intelligent, reasonable posters here but I have to disagree. You seem to be implying that this board sucks because of the BC crowd, which I assume means BC fans.

This board is not dominated by a BC crowd, it is dominated by a crowd of posters who have an unexplainable hateful obsession with BC. In fact it is likely to be just 1 or 2 people using multiple IDs.

Take a look at any thread and you can see multiple posts by any 1 of these haters in a matter of just a few minutes. This board is dominated by cheeroh / whr (whatever became of him?) / undking / postingking / sailman / trojanfever etc etc. No matter what the starting topic, they will always hijack the thread and spew the usual "BC sucks" crap. It never changes and it never ends

I usually post only on weekends and only to some of the obvious lies and extreme crap from the haters. There is so much crap here it would be impossile to respond to it all. Believe me there is plenty that I do not respond to and I do ignore most

In a roundabout juvenile way I have been called gay (although there's nothing wrong with that) and a pedophile. Pay attention to all the juvenile references to "the closet", Provincetown, playgrounds, little boys etc. I'm entertained and fascinated by these ignorant freaks and can't resist putting them in their place occassionaly

By the way cheeroh is a lying, homophobic, Catholic hating bigot in case you haven't figured that out.

And  there is absolutely nothing to prevent a Umass crowd from "dominating" this board. So go find some other Umass fans and have at it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

Slim - I appreciate the fact that you are 1 of a very small number of intelligent, reasonable posters here but I have to disagree. You seem to be implying that this board sucks because of the BC crowd, which I assume means BC fans.

This board is not dominated by a BC crowd, it is dominated by a crowd of posters who have an unexplainable hateful obsession with BC. In fact it is likely to be just 1 or 2 people using multiple IDs.

Take a look at any thread and you can see multiple posts by any 1 of these haters in a matter of just a few minutes. This board is dominated by cheeroh / whr (whatever became of him?) / undking / postingking / sailman / trojanfever etc etc. No matter what the starting topic, they will always hijack the thread and spew the usual "BC sucks" crap. It never changes and it never ends

I usually post only on weekends and only to some of the obvious lies and extreme crap from the haters. There is so much crap here it would be impossile to respond to it all. Believe me there is plenty that I do not respond to and I do ignore most

In a roundabout juvenile way I have been called gay (although there's nothing wrong with that) and a pedophile. Pay attention to all the juvenile references to "the closet", Provincetown, playgrounds, little boys etc. I'm entertained and fascinated by these ignorant freaks and can't resist putting them in their place occassionaly

By the way cheeroh is a lying, homophobic, Catholic hating bigot in case you haven't figured that out.

And  there is absolutely nothing to prevent a Umass crowd from "dominating" this board. So go find some other Umass fans and have at it

Need to take a break and find a job, if UMASS, and BC is all you have in your small little life, and the wonder ifs? You belong where you are, posting on a rag sheet with the feable shut- ins going from blog to blog, as Al from Everett, and Frank from Gloucester on 'EEI.

Take a hard look in the mirror shut-in then  go back to BC, and boast about all your accomplishments on Alumni Day on surfing Boston.com  with that little boring homeroom job of yours ... 

Keep up the ignorance Buffoon you display it well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

In response to ScreeNameGoesHere comment:

Need to take a break and find a job, if UMASS, and BC is all you have in your small little life, and the wonder ifs? You belong where you are, posting on a rag sheet with the feable shut- ins going from blog to blog, as Al from Everett, and Frank from Gloucester on 'EEI.

Take a hard look in the mirror shut-in then  go back to BC, and boast about all your accomplishments on Alumni Day on surfing Boston.com  with that little boring homeroom job of yours ... 

In response to sailman2 comment:

Always thought Screen name goes nowhere was the quidecential trilogy of a BC High pubis who often look in the boys shower trough a peep hole, and lacked the social skills to hang with the opposite sex.  Frustrated by the BC career placement office, offering him  the only job his capabilities would allow homeroom monitor at Bunker Hill CC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Very revealing, you do your research and news gathering on eei...nice choice, keep channeling the blubbering, bombastic arguments, an admirable knowledge base.  Sports radio is entertaining and good in partiality, but you and all your alternate identities should mix in other sources of information gathering.  If you did, maybe your ndqueen id wouldn't need to copy&paste the same thought into multiple threads to save time between log off and on.

But oh, I forgot, according to Slim, what a waste of time to engage in conversation in here, which was a genuine beanpot discussion hijacked by the 12 yr old multiple identities.  Maybe we should talk about A10 hoops and MAC football in the beanpot thread.  Admittedly, it would be an improvement on sailor's participation.