Best Offseason Coordinator Hire: Kevin Rogers, Boston College

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Best Offseason Coordinator Hire: Kevin Rogers, Boston College

ESPN's Heather Dinich just named Kevin Rogers the best offseason coordinator hire in the ACC.

How can this be?

Why would a talented football coach come to Boston College?

Isn't he terrified of being fired by the Gang of Two?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Re: Best Offseason Coordinator Hire: Kevin Rogers, Boston College

Gatzie: Thanks for alerting us to this.  I'm posting it below for others who have not seen it.  I hope she's right. If Rogers can develop Rettig and and the rest of the offense, BC will have some good years coming up.

BEST HIRE: Rogers. His experience is unmatched, and it's what separates him from the others. That's not to say there's not experience on this list -- Knowles and Crowton are both former head coaches. That's a huge bonus. But Rogers recently completed his 36th year in the coaching profession, 28 of which have been spent at the collegiate level. Fisch coached one collegiate season, at Minnesota. Morris has one season of collegiate coaching experience. Rogers has worked with the likes of Donovan McNabb, Bryan Randall and most recently Brett Favre. His biggest strength -- developing quarterbacks -- is what BC needs most right now. Rogers knows the ACC -- he coached at Virginia Tech. That's not to say that the others won't make an immediate impact or extract drastic improvements, but Frank Spaziani's hire was worth the wait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

I totally agree that Rogers is just what BC needed. BCs offense was anemic at best last year and the main reason was because BC didn't have anyone who could develop their QBs. Each of their QBs including Rettig, were developing too slowly or actually transgressed in their development. I'm sure that Rogers will be the mentor to turn this offense around. In taking this job, I think that Rogers saw the youth and the promise of this offense and feels that he can turn them into a high powered offense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

In Response to Re: Best Offseason Coordinator Hire: Kevin Rogers, Boston College:
    BC will  never gain a vision of the future looking through a window to their past. BC trolls trying to crank up support on a meaningless and lack luster ACC coaching hire, as if Jimbo Fisher and Frank Beamer were coming to the program.  Jags #2 here, and who said he was talented?  Heather Dinich, now that's a crediable source, if it was Mel Kiper it would mean something trolls!
    Posted by whr

Hate do do this again, but it has been pointed out to you that you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "troll".  Are you not reading these responses? Or do you just like it when people think you are an idiot? We are trying to help you here.

"A troll is s someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I am pumped.  Heck, I was pumped just to have anyone new.  Though I am sure the first interception BC throws some people will judge him a failure....

Sections
Shortcuts