Big 10 football conference crushes ACC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimreilly43. Show jimreilly43's posts

Big 10 football conference crushes ACC

No wonder the ACC keeps poaching Big East schools. They need them to 
    prop up their basketball reputation. Man, have you watched the interconference
    battles. Thank God for Virginia's win, or it would have been really ugly.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC

Traditionally the ACC has dominated the ACC VS. Big Ten challenge....but don't let the facts get in the way of your jealous hatred fellas. Yukon is not an ACC-caliber program either in academics, graduation rate, fan support, TV market or coach. The ACC is the Class of college basketball. yukon is the crime rap sheet of college hoops, and Calhoun is a "classless baffoon.

Why do you think non one wants you in the ACC? and trust me they are not afraid of the competition.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

In Response to Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC:
    In Response to Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC : Huh?  Again, get me some of what you are smoking!  I think this was just a silly unspported with facts post to try to get a rise so I'll take the bait with the hope your comment was just a rant because Boston doesn't have big time college sports.    Uconn is a better school academically than most of the ACC.  Fan support?  you kidding me, they let BC in with no fans, No big time Coach and ZERO fan base while Uconn has all of that including ESPN in their own backyard! And Yes, BC certainly was scared of the competition and looking at their teams, I understand why they didn't want Uconn in.  trust ME, BC is VERY afraid. 
    Posted by Donnnn

UConn is not a better school academically than most of the ACC schools, are you kidding me? A few of them, yes. But not "most" by any means. And looking at the competition BC faces every year within the ACC, theres absolutely no reason for them to be afraid of just one more team. The only threat UConn would put against BC in big time sports is in bball, and theres already heavy competition already.

BC (and by BC, I mean GDF only) is opposing UConns entering the ACC because of their lawsuit. I agree its stupid, but thats what GDFs feeling like doing. Its unacceptable for personal grudges to get in the way of athletic department administration.

I'd say that BC qualifies as a big time college sports team. But in Boston, pro sports definitely takes priority, which makes sense considering that they have 4 championship teams. Once BC builds up a better bball team, there will be more people going to the games. Of course not a whole lot of people will go to games for the worst team in the conference, and that goes for any school. I dont care what conference youre talking about. DePaul bball is basically the only sport the school has, and the only fans that show up to their games are the ones supporting the visiting team.

It'll take time, but BC can and will become a better team. Its year one.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC : UConn is not a better school academically than most of the ACC schools, are you kidding me? A few of them, yes. But not "most" by any means. And looking at the competition BC faces every year within the ACC, theres absolutely no reason for them to be afraid of just one more team. The only threat UConn would put against BC in big time sports is in bball, and theres already heavy competition already. BC (and by BC, I mean GDF only) is opposing UConns entering the ACC because of their lawsuit. I agree its stupid, but thats what GDFs feeling like doing. Its unacceptable for personal grudges to get in the way of athletic department administration. I'd say that BC qualifies as a big time college sports team. But in Boston, pro sports definitely takes priority, which makes sense considering that they have 4 championship teams. Once BC builds up a better bball team, there will be more people going to the games. Of course not a whole lot of people will go to games for the worst team in the conference, and that goes for any school. I dont care what conference youre talking about. DePaul bball is basically the only sport the school has, and the only fans that show up to their games are the ones supporting the visiting team. It'll take time, but BC can and will become a better team. Its year one.
    Posted by chitown chicity

Why BC fans  rant on events which happened in the past ACC, Big East, UCONN, Law Suits while internally their athletic programs put forth under Flippo is continuously in shambles.

Nationally it appears BC has continuously failed to attract high caliber High School talent in their two major, or if you can call them major, programs and meet the smell test for these athletes to consider in advancing their professional careers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC : Did you even read the original post to which I replied to?  "Yukon is not an ACC-caliber program either in academics, graduation rate, fan support, TV market or coach" was what I responded to in the event you can't read.  Seriously Chitown, I can't read and come up with your own argument also.  As for BC, it's always "next year" and why us uconn fans hate hearing the same old excuses in football and basketball EVERY year. You really think Donahue is the answer?  He rode a hot Ivy team with a rare 7 footer into the tourney, how much of that was coaching skill and how much was luck that a 7 footer came into your program (he didn't even recruit the kid).
    Posted by Donnnn

Obviously Steve D isn't a guaranteed successful coach at this level as it's his first time at this level.  However, every single good coach didn't magically appear that way.  They all had to start somewhere.  The guy had success at a lower level and this is his chance at moving up.  And he wasn't a one year wonder in the IVY, his teams dominated the conference the last 5 years or so he was there.

Is he the answer?  No one knows that question now and it's pointless to try and answer it.  In 2 or 3 seasons we will know.  Until then, chill out.

And by the way, BC will never compare to Uconn in hoops.  Because in order to graduate from BC you need to have read more than one book in your college life as Kemba Walker says he did.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Big 10 football conference crushes ACC :  Because in order to graduate from BC you need to have read more than one book in your college life as Kemba Walker says he did.....Posted by momort

I thought I'd read the dumbest comment on here but nope you've gratuated. Congratulation you now have the same reading and writing comprehension as Kemba LoL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

You have to admit the ACC has been in a downward cycle for their hoops since admitting Miami, Vtech and BC.  None of the three really added much in terms of hoops though they have intermittently competed at decent levels.  BC has been undeniably competitive in the league until this year.  They've been pretty good, but it's partly a result of the decline among other programs. 

Also, NC State, Virginia, Wake and Maryland have dropped off a little.  So yes, the league is not as strong as it once was.  I think there have been plenty of public comments from league members about this fact.  Big Ten/Twelve should be winning more games in the challenge right now.  What's the big surprise?  This will turn around just like so many other trends.

I'd be happy to see Ct join despite Calhoun's outlaw ways.  No big difference among Ct, Fla.State, Clemson, NC State, VTech, and Miami in terms of how they balance athletics and academics, so no need to present the league as all rightous and high and mighty. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimreilly43. Show jimreilly43's posts

You have to admit the ACC has been in a downward cycle for their hoops since admitting Miami, Vtech and BC.  None of the three really added much in terms of hoops though they have intermittently competed at decent levels.  BC has been undeniably competitive in the league until this year.  They've been pretty good, but it's partly a result of the decline among other programs.  Also, NC State, Virginia, Wake and Maryland have dropped off a little.  So yes, the league is not as strong as it once was.  I think there have been plenty of public comments from league members about this fact.  Big Ten/Twelve should be winning more games in the challenge right now.  What's the big surprise?  This will turn around just like so many other trends. I'd be happy to see Ct join despite Calhoun's outlaw ways.  No big difference among Ct, Fla.State, Clemson, NC State, VTech, and Miami in terms of how they balance athletics and academics, so no need to present the league as all rightous and high and mighty. 
    Posted by trbow

Fairly accurate assessment 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

trbow's assessment is pretty much correct.  Those of you who argue that it's all about CT suing the ACC should know that Pitt, and even Virginia Tech, were part of that original lawsuit.  UConn would be considered about the middle of the ACC in terms of academics so that's no excuse.  The criticism that UConn is only good at one major college sport is sort of laughable considering there are only two major college sports (and UConn is better than Syracuse at football).  Pitt and Syracuse are both good schools athletically and academically though so it could be that the ACC really just wanted to add two schools and thought those would be the best two.  Kind of sad that football TV money is driving this whole thing and making most of the conferences too big and lacking any geographic sense.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

trbow's assessment is pretty much correct.  Those of you who argue that it's all about CT suing the ACC should know that Pitt, and even Virginia Tech, were part of that original lawsuit.  UConn would be considered about the middle of the ACC in terms of academics so that's no excuse.  The criticism that UConn is only good at one major college sport is sort of laughable considering there are only two major college sports (and UConn is better than Syracuse at football).  Pitt and Syracuse are both good schools athletically and academically though so it could be that the ACC really just wanted to add two schools and thought those would be the best two.  Kind of sad that football TV money is driving this whole thing and making most of the conferences too big and lacking any geographic sense.   
    Posted by bac10

You'll be ragging on this law suit in ad infinitum while BC hockey, basketball & football keeps going  down your La Bedure!

Sections
Shortcuts