Can The Season Be Saved?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

Can The Season Be Saved?

With the Boston College football team off to an 0 - 3 start, things are looking pretty grim. 

My original prognosis of an 8 win season appears to be somewhat unrealistic at this particular point in time.

With the way things stand now, I would take a break even regular season which would put the team into a Bowl Game.

A victory in a bowl would make for a winning season, which would be quite an accomplishment when considering the awful start to 2011.

To remain realistic about this possibility, it has to start with the next game against UMass. A convincing victory in that game might be enough to get things jump started and heading in the right direction.

If by some remote chance they only eek out a close uninspired win or worse, lose the game, then we might as well raise the white flag on the season because it would end up being a total disaster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Re: Can The Season Be Saved?

NO CHANCE

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

49, Spaziani got caught without depth, an injured star, a head case of a field goal kicker and a 19 year old quarterback. The Eagles were able to over come five losses in a row last season because the ACC wasn't as strong last year as it is this year and Spaziani had depth on the defensive n offensive lines. If BC gets 6 wins I'll say they salvaged to an extent the 2011 season but it is going to be tough.

"My  Tommy OB's team is a real National power in the ACC isn't it? The BE Bearcats smack those ACC boys back to Raleigh!"

What's the Big East ? Oh yah they used to be a pretty cool basketball conference but they crumbled when better conferences grew faster and quicker. Keep your praise for the weaker, dismantling, almost defunct ghost town conference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Earlier, I predicted a six or seven win campaign.  I am not confident in that any longer.  Not thrilled with today's possibilities even though they should win.  the fact that they "must" win is not reassuring. 

whrlpgatroll: thanks again, for nothing of any substance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Perhaps whr has a point here, reality is non existant for his BC  trolls they just continue to get whipped both in these discussions and on the field of play?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sth85. Show sth85's posts

I feel a little better now that BC stomped Umass. Especially about Larmond emerging as a deep threat today. If Colin can become a legit #1 reciever they can have a decent offense. Not enough to beat Clemson or FSU but maybe enough to get into a bowl game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

The All Chumps Conference gets blown up today. Did get win over Div. 2 team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Sam Dog Brewin up some incredible excuses for a 3rd year Coach and every school has the same issues?

PATHETIC.

SAD.

Wow, the new BC guys are red state wimps!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

I predicted 3-9.

BC may beat Maryland, WF or NCSU, and sneak out 4-8.

ND, FSU, Clemson, Miami, VT === uh.... no.

BC could easily end up 1-11.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

sticking with 3-9 too ... figure FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, VT are losses with Melrose High School a give me with Spazzo coaching.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

UND is back with a great win before a sell out fan base at Heinz Field in Pittsburg.

Gather BC/UMASS played an awesome game in WHR's BAND BOX that was blacked out in the local area for the Temple/MD game! No surprises everthing BC does is a black out!

Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert scores on a two-point conversion in the second half Saturday at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.    South Bend Tribune Photo/MARCUS MARTER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

The worst my fellow BC Eagle Nation, is yet to come.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeeH. Show DeeH's posts

agree with above...there are some lopsided spankings in store, e.g. Va Tech, Clemson, Florida State, +/- ND.  even if defense plays at the top of its game, it will be impossible to sustain a reasonable point margin for 60 mins. against these type of programs.

UMass should take a long look at the history of BC and think hard about coming up to FBS.  This is a pro sports town that doesn't really support any college teams (except hockey) even when they are high-achieving.  Recall the relative lack of interest and attendance several years ago when BC was ranked #2.  Recruiting up here is very difficult for that and other reasons.  They will struggle big-time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Can The Season Be Saved?:
    [QUOTE]agree with above...there are some lopsided spankings in store, e.g. Va Tech, Clemson, Florida State, +/- ND.  even if defense plays at the top of its game, it will be impossible to sustain a reasonable point margin for 60 mins. against these type of programs. UMass should take a long look at the history of BC and think hard about coming up to FBS.  This is a pro sports town that doesn't really support any college teams (except hockey) even when they are high-achieving.  Recall the relative lack of interest and attendance several years ago when BC was ranked #2.  Recruiting up here is very difficult for that and other reasons.  They will struggle big-time.
    Posted by DeeH[/QUOTE]

Take a good look at the local roster of both schools which played yesterday. What does this tell you about Massachusetts MIAA Football?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Can BC qualify for Div. 1-AA Playoffs now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I almost don't care.  I want the amount of wins that will get us a new coach.

I did hear from someone in "the know" that no matter what a new coach is in the making for next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

The first step in the recovery process has been completed with the convincing victory vs. UMass.

The second step to reaching a 500 season will be this Saturday's game. 

Despite the expectation of Wake Forest being a tough opponent, this is a home game the Boston College has to win. I believe this is especially so after losing at home to Northwestern.

If this is accomplished, the next step would entail the possibility of splitting the next two games against highly ranked opponents on the road.

That will be by no means an easy task, but it will be worth discussing if they can get by Wake Forest.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]The first step in the recovery process has been completed with the convincing victory vs. UMass. The second step to reaching a 500 season will be this Saturday's game.  Despite the expectation of Wake Forest being a tough opponent, this is a home game the Boston College has to win. I believe this is especially so after losing at home to Northwestern. If this is accomplished, the next step would entail the possibility of splitting the next two games against highly ranked opponents on the road. That will be by no means an easy task, but it will be worth discussing if they can get by Wake Forest.  
    Posted by batman49[/QUOTE]

Dream when you're feeling blueYell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]The first step in the recovery process has been completed with the convincing victory vs. UMass. The second step to reaching a 500 season will be this Saturday's game.  Despite the expectation of Wake Forest being a tough opponent, this is a home game the Boston College has to win. I believe this is especially so after losing at home to Northwestern. If this is accomplished, the next step would entail the possibility of splitting the next two games against highly ranked opponents on the road. That will be by no means an easy task, but it will be worth discussing if they can get by Wake Forest.  

wow

wow

Did Robin hit your melon with a shovel?

VT, FSU, MIAMI, CLEMSON, ND, = LOSSES

BC would be lucky to beat WF and MD nd NCSU.

3-9 if we catch a few breaks.

Please stop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Great conclusion! You went all out on this prediction. WOW!
    Now how do your resolve the putrid coaching and AD situation there at BC?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can The Season Be Saved? : Great conclusion! You went all out on this prediction. WOW! Now how do your resolve the putrid coaching and AD situation there at BC?
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

As a fan of team, all I can do is root for them to be successful. In regards to the Coach & Athletic Director, I can not speak on how to resolve any perceived conflicts. 

That kind of decision would be up to the School President and what he believes to be within the best interest of the university.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Best interests of the University would be to get back to basics start playing Holy Cross, Fordham, Buffalo, and the Ivy's! Step up in the right direction as in 2012 BC picks up Stony Brook. You gotta know your limits! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]Best interests of the University would be to get back to basics start playing Holy Cross, Fordham, Buffalo, and the Ivy's! Step up in the right direction as in 2012 BC picks up Stony Brook. You gotta know your limits! 
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]

In other words leave Div. 1-A. Agreed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

here you go airbag

Posts from 82ndAB are hidden