Colonial Classic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Colonial Classic?

Anyone remember the Colonial Classic tournament played at the Garden? How about trying to revive it with BC, UMASS, Harvard, and UConn?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Colonial Classic?

In Response to Colonial Classic?:
    Anyone remember the Colonial Classic tournament played at the Garden? How about trying to revive it with BC, UMASS, Harvard, and UConn?
    Posted by indians1948

Leave BC out of it, their Division 3!

BC is bounced at the end

A late tip-in gives Hokies a victory

Virginia Tech’s Dorian Finney-Smith scores the winning basket despite the efforts of several Boston College players.Virginia Tech’s Dorian Finney-Smith scores the winning basket despite the efforts of several Boston College players. (Matt Gentry/Associated Press/The Roanoke Times)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Colonial Classic?:
    Posted by indians1948

Let's leave out UCon .................

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic?:
    In Response to Colonial Classic? : Leave BC out of it, their Division 3! BC is bounced at the end A late tip-in gives Hokies a victory Virginia Tech’s Dorian Finney-Smith scores the winning basket despite the efforts of several Boston College players. (Matt Gentry/Associated Press/The Roanoke Times)
    Posted by cheeroh

You're doing well in Cut-and-Paste, Cheeroh, living proof that applying yourself in kindergarten really can pay dividends. How many more times are you going to post the same picture today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

BC may be D-3 in basketball, but it is 'they're' ......I say leave UConn out and have Holy Cross or Providence ...as far as leaving BC out, what would you do without the 4,000 fans(on a good night).....too many NY-NJ fair weather fans at BC, or others pretending they are going to Harvard

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

BC  basketball is an abomination!

All things considered, I am surprised BC has 8 victories as Sacred Heart is a prep school for the religious left playing pick up games at the Bridgeport Boys Club!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : agreed, why would uconn hurt their RPI and play the local scrub teams?
    Posted by Donnnn

Donnn BC is a scrub team ... of the pickup caliber!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : agreed, why would uconn hurt their RPI and play the local scrub teams?
    Posted by Donnnn

No RPI worries for UConn next year. They can concentrate on improving their APR.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : we know.. same argument.  Again I'd rather have a good team with kids leaving early before graduation (most that leave early drop out to get ready for all the NBA workouts) and that hurt Uconn's APR than a crappy team that graduates because they have NO chance of the NBA. 
    Posted by Donnnn

I don't think it's an either/or proposition, as you seem to. You can have a good college team that graduates players who don't drop out early to get ready for the NBA. Butler is a good example, the past two years. If UConn chooses  to recruit players whom they know are going to leave early, that's their choice, but as they found out, there are consequences. I also think that their waiver request may have been denied, at least partly, because of the way they handled the Andre Drummond "walk-on" situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gene01970. Show gene01970's posts

Why UConn they are not in Mass. let them play in the Hartford Classic. BU should be in the mix. Then again BC will never go for it and thus neither will the Globe. How embarrasing when they end up losing the consolation game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Why UConn they are not in Mass. let them play in the Hartford Classic. BU should be in the mix. Then again BC will never go for it and thus neither will the Globe. How embarrasing when they end up losing the consolation game.
    Posted by gene01970

What about Curry College, Bentley, and Babson? Might as well though in all the Division III's, you have BC in the mix?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Posted by gene01970

gene, I'm throwing out an idea to try to promote some college basketball in the area, and you, Mr. Negativity, already have BC losing in the consolation game. BU would be fine. Make it a basketball beanpot - BC, BU, NU, and Harvard.  Or how about an all "Jesuit" tournament: BC, Gonzaga, Georgetown, and St. Louis?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : then how else would you classify it RIGHT now?  I'm not saying you can't have great students and solid hoops but right now with uconn and BC, it's one or the other.  What I don't agree with is the inconsitency of when the NCAA drops the hammer on schools.  Look at Duke and duhon's mom who was broke and when her son went to school is now making 6 figures working AT duke.  That's ok but when a kid leaves early for the NBA and drops out of class to get ready for the biggest interview in his life (NBA clubs) to make millions, why is that bad? If that means Calhoun failed these kids then I disagree.
    Posted by Donnnn

I'm not faniliar with the Duhon situation so I can't comment. Here's where WE disagree. I think the coaches, the adults, should be the ones who are punished. But I agree that the NCAA is inconsistent in handing out punishments. Bruce Pearl (a BC grad, by the way) got what he deserved. Calipari, a great coach but one of the all-time sleazy individuals, skated away free from UMass AND Memphis. Tubby Smith is another example of someone who totally screwed up a program at Indiana and got away with it. And there are many more. Suspend them and don't allow them to coach for at least a year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Detroit has a hockey tourney each year that has three locals and one invite from outside, BC played there this year (won the consolation)...What locals becomes the issue, even with the poor support of BC basketball it is still the best in the area. Harvard could be a program that could carry the tourney. BC, BU (very poor support) Harvard and a Big East team like Gtown, or a SEC team, even Saint Joseph's ( a Boston - Philly thing)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : You'll have to fill me in on exactly what it was you think Calipari did while at UMass.  The way I remember things it was a player, one player,  who took gifts from an agent.  And the program paid dearly for that. I don't condone anything Calipari has done since he departed Amherst. He did stub his toe a couple of times while he was here, and the way he bolted out left a bad taste, but I see no reason why he'd have to sit for a year or two.  Not here. 
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

I know that Calipari is still revered in Western Mass, but isn't it ironic that he's taken two teams to the Final Four, and both have been stripped of their titles? It hasn't happened to any other coach. Here's what Bobby Knight had to say about it him at an IU Basketball Hall of Fame fundraiser: "We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that." 
    I agree; punish the coach, not the program. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : I notice you didn't answer my question.  It's because you can't, but I'll pose it again.  What did Calipari do?  Not Marcus Camby, what did John Calipari do?  Spare me all the hand waving and other attempts at distractions, just stick to this very simple question.  It's okay to say you have nothing to back it up, because you don't and you know it.  If you can't own up to that, well, then I'm failing to see much difference between you and your UConn friends here.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

I actually don't have any UConn "friends," but that's beside the point. The coach recruits the players. He's the one in charge, the boss who oversees his assistants and who sets the ethical standards for the teenage young men he hires. Calipari either had to be completely naive (very unlikely) or turning hid head the other way to situations that should have been under his control. Do I personally have any knowledge of anything he DID, no? But sins of omission can be just as consequential.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Posted by Donnnn

Isn't this the same thing UCon does at the beginning of the season?  Stump the chumps ..... maybe next year they'll upgrade AIC FROM "EXHIBITION" status!

Sections
Shortcuts