Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iongputter. Show Iongputter's posts

Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!

I know I speak for all BC alumni when I say "Way to go, Coach".

And a tip of the hat, to the Emerson Athletic Director!

Finally a traditional basketball power has pulled the trigger on Coach O'Brien..a man who has long deserved a fifth chance!

Surely we are only a few months from seeing a packed gymnasium with rabid fans as Emerson will dominate over Babson and Wheaton! Imagine the excitement!

Just today there are rumors of some McDonald's All-Americans switching their allegiance from Duke and North Carolina to Emerson. Why play in the lowly ACC when you can play in Boston with the newest member (basketball-only) of the Big East? It makes sense, doesn't it? Boston was long a Big East center and was a power under Coach O'Brien.

Now if only the powers that be at Suffolk will wake up from their slumber of mediocracy to hire Coach Skinner!

Can you imagine that? Suffolk and Emerson battling as the newest members of the Big East, right here in Boston! Coach O'Brien vs. Coach Skinner. Surely this contest will sell out the Garden! We might have to play it outdoors at Foxboro to accomodate the crowds.

Imagine the media attention as these two giants of integrity, work ethic and basketball success clash...right here in our own beloved city!

While the Gang of Two sulk in their self-imposed prisons of deceit and disgrace up on the Heights.

To quote the Latins"Ipsa locquitur, e pluribus unum and caveat emptor".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!

F  R  A  U  D
    One of the craven here has taken to a cut and paste job to imitate the old Putter.  His idea of hilarity is to mock two good coaches, one of whom beat both Indiana and North Carolina in the same NCAA playoffs and who won the first Big East Tourney Title alma mater earned, and the other of whom has the most wins of any hoops coach at The Institute.

Both also fell victim to Dear Leader: one when our boy's hypocrisy was unmasked after the Globe published his OK to lower admissions standards for jocks, and the other when our hero decided to chuck the only male black head coach we ever had - and a fine man as well - and replace him with a white Irish-American.

Now, as to the news that Coach O'Brien was hired at Emerson. Good for him, and good for Emerson. Obviously, with the large settlement Ohio State had to pay him, he could have just invested and lived comfortably. Instead, he gave time helping coaches here, and (after having declined a job offer to be an Assistant Coach with the Celtics a couple of years ago)  he now returns to college coaching. Those kids at Emerson are lucky to have such a good person as their coach - wish we here at The Institute had such integrity at our helm.

As to Coach Skinner, he appears to be doing just fine, thank you, with The Institute owing him another $2.2 million over the next 2 years thanks to the tirade from the "top" of our un-sainted entity. Have little doubt that he'll be heading another program soon enough.

In the interim, we can all revel in the Titanic-like sinking of our once-respected hoops program.  Just think: we get to pay top dollar for a twelfth-rate (and ever- plummeting) product.

Peace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!:
    I know I speak for all BC alumni when I say "Way to go, Coach". And a tip of the hat, to the Emerson Athletic Director! Finally a traditional basketball power has pulled the trigger on Coach O'Brien..a man who has long deserved a fifth chance! Surely we are only a few months from seeing a packed gymnasium with rabid fans as Emerson will dominate over Babson and Wheaton! Imagine the excitement! Just today there are rumors of some McDonald's All-Americans switching their allegiance from Duke and North Carolina to Emerson. Why play in the lowly ACC when you can play in Boston with the newest member (basketball-only) of the Big East? It makes sense, doesn't it? Boston was long a Big East center and was a power under Coach O'Brien. Now if only the powers that be at Suffolk will wake up from their slumber of mediocracy to hire Coach Skinner! Can you imagine that? Suffolk and Emerson battling as the newest members of the Big East, right here in Boston! Coach O'Brien vs. Coach Skinner. Surely this contest will sell out the Garden! We might have to play it outdoors at Foxboro to accomodate the crowds. Imagine the media attention as these two giants of integrity, work ethic and basketball success clash...right here in our own beloved city! While the Gang of Two sulk in their self-imposed prisons of deceit and disgrace up on the Heights. To quote the Latins"Ipsa locquitur, e pluribus unum and caveat emptor".
    Posted by Iongputter

Awesome!
    I am thrilled that the "real" longputter has returned.
    Please post more often.  You have struck a nerve with that egocentric, pretentious phony that STOLE your name
    Bravo and well done Sir!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hear Hear to the real and only true LP Brilliant!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

lowercase lp,

Nice job channeling uppercase LP.  I have him on ignore so I am not sure how he responded but I suspect poorly.  He does not like being mocked, about as much as he likes to respond with facts.  Or better yet, when facts are provided he doesn't like to acknowledge them.  Best example was the attendance stats . . .

I still suspect the whr is uppercase LP also.  Note the US Open logo, golf related, uses the same terminology.  The benefit of whr is that he does not have the long signature.  So, I do not have whr on ignore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Of course lp is not mocking Skinner and O'Brien; he is mocking LP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

allot more class and experience than wonder boy Donahue!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Coach O'Brien's return to Boston is bad news: for two people.

For our temper-tantrumed Dear Leader: Coach's return reminds all that he holds a dubious distinction. That is, he was the first in the cascade of terminations made by our self-esteemed head of school. It also reminds people of the press account (never denied by The Institute) as to WHY his contract was not renewed a day or so after Dear Leader told him it was being renewed: i.e. The Globe revealed what Dear Leader specifically did not want made public - that he had agreed to lower admissions standards for athletes.  When the Globe told all just what our then-new "leader" had done, he reacted with his common pique and swung the axe on an innocent man.

For Stevie Wonder: now this cements his state as the worst college coach in the City of Boston. Pat Chambers has long ago left him in the dust; now, Stevie must squirm in the presence of a nationally accomplished coach, who brought alma mater its first Big East Tourney title - and then fell victim to tyrannical rage.

Peace

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

How about Donahue's grade from DG?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!:
    Coach O'Brien's return to Boston is bad news: Posted by Longputter

Finally a traditional basketball power has pulled the trigger on Coach O'Brien..a man who has long deserved a fifth chance!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

SanDogBrewin,

Here all are one, 
    And their hearts are ttue,
    But when we leave you,
    We will trash you.

Behead Coaches (and Deans & Broadcasters & Other Officials) Institute: 
    THE HOME OF THE FICKLE

WHO'D NOT WANT TO SEND THEIR CHILD THERE, TO LEARN THAT VALUE?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Nothing changes in the hood same old adolesence!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Maybe Coach O'B jumped the gun a bit.  Penn St is now an open job and wouldn't he love to go build another Big Ten program?  Oh well, maybe Coach Skinner, a fine gentleman we all agree, can become a "unknown" candidate for Penn St, though he's not mentioned on the long list. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Coach O'Brien - head coach at Emerson!:
    Maybe Coach O'B jumped the gun a bit.  Penn St is now an open job and wouldn't he love to go build another Big Ten program?  Oh well, maybe Coach Skinner, a fine gentleman we all agree, can become a "unknown" candidate for Penn St, though he's not mentioned on the long list. 
    Posted by trbow

watch out for wonder boy SD ... PennState is one heck of a program and would entice a nobody as wonder boy in a heart beat! reminescence of slick johnny calapari ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

fifth chances are for those who wait and good things happen to those that wait!

Sections
Shortcuts