Congrats to UNION & the ECAC!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Congrats to UNION & the ECAC!

Knocked off BC Trolls second year in a row... Time for the York to retire, as Parker, his days of BC hockey are past tense...

Bye Bye Jerry York take a hint form Jackie Parker....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: Congrats to UNION & the ECAC!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Good to see the losing trend continues in Hockey for the Beheads' Coaches Institute. 

Appears this will be Yorks' last season with the losing continuing within the Beheads' Athletic Department.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to undking's comment:

Knocked off BC Trolls second year in a row... Time for the York to retire, as Parker, his days of BC hockey are past tense...

Bye Bye Jerry York take a hint form Jackie Parker....

Sad year for Beheads' Coaches Institute Athletics... Baseball ???

York needs to go can't get by Union, or the other ECAC programs. Union all seniors, not one going to the NHL, amazing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJGreenDay. Show RJGreenDay's posts

Re: Congrats to UNION & the ECA

wrong; we are the dutchmen

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Heh,  King picked the wrong image. That would be funnier if he hadn't already fully established that he's full of -shit.  Still good for a chuckle.  Go Bulldogs!  And Dutchmen too.

Caught that also... however, if ever a team that deserved to lose it was the  Buffoon's and Jerry York going back to Pearle Vision for corrective lenses and not able to coach: "The Puck must go in the NET"

Union will win it all, regardless.

Something the Boston will never see:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to RJGreenDay's comment:

wrong; we are the dutchmen
    [QUOTE]

ECAC is now the powe Hockey Conference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

ECAC had good programs this year. Vastly under-rated and I look for Union to give Minn. a good game as they are all beat up by St. Cloud State. Union had it easy against the Beheads' Coaches Institute. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't really know Union, except as a Hockey School. And they go way back to at least the 70's for that, a couple of our studs from Billerica (THE school, at the time, along with Matignon and Archbishop Williams) went there.  Pretty sure they majored in Hockey.   Have no clue what the academics are like though. 

Of course if you're serious you jump at the chance at attending a Cornell (or Harvard or Yale).

Or a BC. Not sure those attacks are going to work when it comes to hockey, they have way too much hardware in the trophy case, and too many alumni in the NHL now, for that to touch any nerves. A friends daughters dream school was BC, she's an outstanding student, attending a private Catholic out in Central MA and doing very well.  She didn't get in. I heard that 23,000 applied, they accepted about 1/10 of that. So say what you will, getting in there is an achievement. 

There's quite a bit of ill well from the UMass crowd about BC, but I've never understood that. Everytime I've gone to a game I've had nothing but great conversations with the BC alumn around me.  I'm thinking it's partly a generational thing, not enough Sportsmenship anywhere anymore, which saddens me.  And sadly, the Minutemen also have a bunch of -ahole fans. At the Mullins I just move away from them when I can.

Indian gets it. I suspect if he's being honest, Cherry gets it too.  Those other guys, don't know, don't care. Couple weeks in, I haven't been the slighest bit tempted to look at what they're posting. I'm loathe to even mention their names, and this post will be mostly the end of even that. 

Okay, long day at work. It was supposed to rain today, #!#%!#%#. Oh well, cocktails in t-minus 60 minutes, traffic permitting...

[/QUOTE]

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. It's so easy in the past tense. Hail Mary to Doug Flutie days foregone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

National Champs!! Yes!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Well I want to put my dime in on BUBBY WATSON today, and hope you QUEENS up there that might enjoy the game of Golf to route for a true Gentleman from DIXIE.

Bubba slipped a little yesterday to -5 around the ol' Amen Corner named by another true Southern Gentleman Byron Nelson, from the Lone Star State. Us Boys down here in Dixie, including this whipper Jonathan Spieth, from Ben Hogan country, mind you Dallas, not Houston,  know how to play God's game in the Spring, and Bubba is a true testament to this wonderful game.

Now Queens checking on the Stats it toubles me that the Fairy Boys from BAWSTON have never won the Masters', or for that matter a Major ever besides flushing crap down a toilet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

In response to KyleCleric1's comment:

National Champs!! Yes!!

Saw a little of this event while doing my #2 in the toilet, and as I flushed it went away. My thinking is who cares where it ends up!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

[QUOTE]

Pretty Cool Kyle, congratulations!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations to all Union fans and hockey fans too. Union had an edge on everyone in the tournament. Very deserving. Very exciting games. Nice to see a new winner even at my team's expense. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

True, true - nice to see another dark horse winning. Good for the sport, but, unfortunately, just more fodder for the BC haters.

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pretty Cool Kyle, congratulations!

Congratulations to all Union fans and hockey fans too. Union had an edge on everyone in the tournament. Very deserving. Very exciting games. Nice to see a new winner even at my team's expense. 

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

I don't really know Union, except as a Hockey School. And they go way back to at least the 70's for that, a couple of our studs from Billerica (THE school, at the time, along with Matignon and Archbishop Williams) went there.  Pretty sure they majored in Hockey.   Have no clue what the academics are like though. 

Of course if you're serious you jump at the chance at attending a Cornell (or Harvard or Yale).

Or a BC. Not sure those attacks are going to work when it comes to hockey, they have way too much hardware in the trophy case, and too many alumni in the NHL now, for that to touch any nerves. A friends daughters dream school was BC, she's an outstanding student, attending a private Catholic out in Central MA and doing very well.  She didn't get in. I heard that 23,000 applied, they accepted about 1/10 of that. So say what you will, getting in there is an achievement. 

There's quite a bit of ill well from the UMass crowd about BC, but I've never understood that. Everytime I've gone to a game I've had nothing but great conversations with the BC alumn around me.  I'm thinking it's partly a generational thing, not enough Sportsmenship anywhere anymore, which saddens me.  And sadly, the Minutemen also have a bunch of -ahole fans. At the Mullins I just move away from them when I can.

Indian gets it. I suspect if he's being honest, Cherry gets it too.  Those other guys, don't know, don't care. Couple weeks in, I haven't been the slighest bit tempted to look at what they're posting. I'm loathe to even mention their names, and this post will be mostly the end of even that. 

Okay, long day at work. It was supposed to rain today, #!#%!#%#. Oh well, cocktails in t-minus 60 minutes, traffic permitting...

Don't know if you can cast me as a masshole  UMASS fan, but at age 70 (UMass Class of '71), I'm used to criticism, as well as losing to BC and Yukon far too often, but still live in hope that one day, someday, UMASS will get there. A lot of the student "fans" are there for the image of rowdiness, not to cheer on their team .... kind of like the drunks in the parking lot at football games who never actually get into the stadium. From what I've seen in my travels, this behavior isn't uncommon on any campus, but UMASS is a favorite target, as is BC. I've seen so much crap about BC, that I've started to feel more kindly to them ......... Yukon, well that's another story: I respect what they've done, but like the Yankees, I don't gotta like tem!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Thought I'd add a good ol' boy into this blog ... As us boys from Dixie have some biig time crowing to do ....

Sections
Shortcuts