Congratulations to BU

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Congratulations to BU

BU is headed to the big dance for the first time in years.  The America East Championship game played on Saturday was a great, great game.  Hopefully, BU can build on this season. 

There is no reason BU can't become a great Mid Major.  They have phenomenal facilities and should be able to attract the same caliber of players as a Cincinnati, Xavier, Marguette, or Butler.  Being located in Boston should give BU an advantage when recruiting players that are considering playing at just about any other mid major.

The facilities is the expensive part of a great basketball team and BU already has that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Congratulations to BU

Definitely. Congratulations to the program.  It's finally been rebuilt for success after Wolf was pushed out.  Good luck in the tournament BU!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

In Response to Congratulations to BU:
    [QUOTE]BU is headed to the big dance for the first time in years.  The America East Championship game played on Saturday was a great, great game.  Hopefully, BU can build on this season.  There is no reason BU can't become a great Mid Major.  They have phenomenal facilities and should be able to attract the same caliber of players as a Cincinnati, Xavier, Marguette, or Butler.  Being located in Boston should give BU an advantage when recruiting players that are considering playing at just about any other mid major. The facilities is the expensive part of a great basketball team and BU already has that.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE
    Let me add my congrats, Water.  Terriers will have their hands full with Kansas but nice job in getting in to the tourney.  I don't know if you've been following this blog for long but if so, you've seen that there are inhabitants of Planet Moron who like to spew negativity and juvenile insults to fans of other programs. Pity and/or ignore them, as you choose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

my congrats also to BU; impossible first round game but something the kids in the program will always remember

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Congratulations to BU:
    BU is headed to the big dance for the first time in years.  The America East Championship game played on Saturday was a great, great game.  Hopefully, BU can build on this season.  There is no reason BU can't become a great Mid Major.  They have phenomenal facilities and should be able to attract the same caliber of players as a Cincinnati, Xavier, Marguette, or Butler.  Being located in Boston should give BU an advantage when recruiting players that are considering playing at just about any other mid major. The facilities is the expensive part of a great basketball team and BU already has that.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Great win for BU, now play hard. Hey, HC gave Kansas a fight back in the early 2000s...hopefully BU can do the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommygun2525. Show tommygun2525's posts

Anyone at Agganis last Saturday will tell you that the atmosphere was incredible for a BU basketball game. Here's to a small step toward future improvements...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UCONN all the way!
     Dual NCAA championships Men's & Women's in the Final Four!

As for this discussion, moron's discuss the delusion of a BU victory over Kansas? Can really understand now the meaning of the term Boston braggart''s in their small little corner of Commonwealth Ave. Very sad!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfk345. Show tfk345's posts

I don't care if it was not close.  BU should be proud.  They went against maybe the best team in the country.  BU is not a basketball powerhouse after all.  A very good school academically that does not put a lot into athletics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Here is a comment from a Kansas fan, reacting to cheeroh and friends dumping on BU's effort against the Jayhawks.  These idiots don't know how much they are scorned by true sports fans.

User Image
    KansasJayhawk wrote:
    To whr, googleboy, and all the other naysayers. You can sit behind a computer screen and type smack, but doubtful you are a baller yourself. I sat in Derby, Ks yesterday and watched my Jayhawks play BU and wasn't certain the outcome would be what it was. Talent and heart and never quit. Not just my Jayhawker, but talking about BU. Great job. Your comments say a lot about you and what you are. Anyone can get a log in. Usually the types that smack talk on a computer are those who can't do anything else.
    3/19/2011 11:06 AM EDT

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In the last decade, a BU hoops player transferred to and played at The Institute.

Wonder when the reverse trend will begin, now that the Terriers are flying.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to BU:
    Yes, congratulations BU you were embarrassed. Now you know what it's like to play basketball with the big boys, as your sister school down the road so often has learnedn they can participate but never WIN! Thanks for showing up in Tulsa and getting Morningstars' autograph a truely great Kansas player! 
    Posted by whr

Wow.  What a terrible life you must have to write something so nasty. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tater. Show tater's posts

whr,

BU as a 16 seed was only down by 4 points at halftime against a number 1 seed.  How was BU embarrassed??!!!  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  They gave Kansas one of the better games a 16 has given a 1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreid88. Show Dreid88's posts

whr-

BU down by 40 at half?...You must by clairvoyant!
    Perhaps you just misplaced the decimal with those fat fingers of yours....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

whr- BU down by 40 at half?...You must by clairvoyant! Perhaps you just misplaced the decimal with those fat fingers of yours....
    Posted by Dreid88

From lots of personal experience, I would ignore whr.  He's some angry pimple faced high school kid who only gets his say in life on a boston.com chat room.....That said, it will be interesting to see if BU can keep the momentum going, it would make for another fun rivalry with BC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Kemba Walker Kemba Walker Kember Walker!

As UCONN Goes, BC is humbled!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UCONN! Yet another Final Four!   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to BU : From lots of personal experience, I would ignore whr.  He's some angry pimple faced high school kid who only gets his say in life on a boston.com chat room.....That said, it will be interesting to see if BU can keep the momentum going, it would make for another fun rivalry with BC.
    Posted by momort

John Holland will be hard to replace.  His 2nd half performance against Stony Brook was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. 

It would be great if they recreated the basketball Bean Pot.  I think Harvard would have won this past year.  College hoops in Boston could become interesting again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

DirtyWaterLover,

Yup, BU vs Harvard would be a treat to watch.

But the consolation game of The Institute vs MIT might put more people to sleep than do Sominex pills.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

but not as fast as one of your interminable posts

Sections
Shortcuts