Donohue's Historic Achievement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Donohue's Historic Achievement

Stevie Wonder has now done, in just one year, what no previous Eagle hoops coach ever did:

He lost a player to the NBA draft before senior year.

All of the previous NBA draftees, including those of the Davis, Williams, O'Brien, and Skinner years, played four years at The Heights before going pro. Most of them (including everyone who played 4 years for Jim O'Brien) graduated, too.

So, in addition to losing 3 returning veterans to better programs, Stevie Wonder has proved himself unable to retain his best player.

What a future we have!

Way to go, Dear Leader & Flippo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCentralScrutinizer. Show TheCentralScrutinizer's posts

Re: Donohue's Historic Achievement

As usual, Longracist displays his ignorance - John Bagley left after his junior year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

You know LP I decided to start using your logic recently because it just makes so much sense.  I went on a couple dates with this girl, but the two days we went out it rained.  I could only logically conclude that it was her fault it rained and that each time we hung out it would rain so I dumped her.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Meanwhile, LP's all-time favorite coach, Al "Flex" Skinner, remains available for a HC job.  Shouldn't LP be addressing that?  Let's see, Maybe he will be interviewed by Texas A&M or Vermont? Maybe not.
    And if losing a player early to the NBA draft is a sign of a bad coach, then the "bad coaches" list includes Calhoun, Coach K, Roy Williams, John Thompson (father & son), Gary Williams, Jamie Dixon, Ben Howland, Jim Boeheim, ...  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ho5000. Show ho5000's posts

Why does this "whr" character keeping saying others are trolls?  Isn't he the very definition of an internet troll?  Or does he actually think these folks are the types of trolls that live under bridges and don't let the three billy goats gruff pass?  Cuz that would be funny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In Response to Re: Donohue's Historic Achievement:
    As usual, Longracist displays his ignorance - John Bagley left after his junior year.
    Posted by TheCentralScrutinizer

You know what, Gatzie (a/ka Central Scrutinizer)

I will do something the Uber Alles crowd never does: admit that I was wrong about my contention. Forgot about JB.

Mea culpa.

Still, the fact remains that in addition to losing 3 transfers to better programs, Stevie Wonder evidently failed to convince his best player that the future was bright enough for him to remain, as all but one prior NBA player from BCI have done.

THAT speaks volumes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ho5000. Show ho5000's posts

In Response to Re: Donohue's Historic Achievement : You know what, Gatzie (a/ka Central Scrutinizer) I will do something the Uber Alles crowd never does: admit that I was wrong about my contention. Forgot about JB. Mea culpa. Still, the fact remains that in addition to losing 3 transfers to better programs, Stevie Wonder evidently failed to convince his best player that the future was bright enough for him to remain, as all but one prior NBA player from BCI have done. THAT speaks volumes!
    Posted by Longputter

As an observer of these BC related discussions for the past few months, I disagree.  Many times I have seen your foils concede points and admit mistakes.  Regarding your point about a star player leaving for the NBA speaking volumes to a coach's abilities and the future of the program, I also disagree.  Isn't the NBA the big prize? Many a player has left a program early in hopes of greater glory.  BC has a small sample size of successful NBA players, and I'm sure the situation with each was unique.  Who knows why this particular player is taking his chances in the draft- unless you know him or those close to him, you really can't make any assumptions...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Donohue's Historic Achievement : You know what, Gatzie (a/ka Central Scrutinizer) I will do something the Uber Alles crowd never does: admit that I was wrong about my contention. Forgot about JB. Mea culpa. Still, the fact remains that in addition to losing 3 transfers to better programs, Stevie Wonder evidently failed to convince his best player that the future was bright enough for him to remain, as all but one prior NBA player from BCI have done. THAT speaks volumes!
    Posted by Longputter

Why would Steve convince Reggie to stay if the NBA is telling him he will be a high first round pick?  No coach does that.  It's too much money to risk being injured.  do you have any idea how the process works?  To blame reggie leaving on Steve D is pure lunacy......

Reggie leaving has zero to do with Steve, the program, his coaching, etc.  Simply put, the NBA is telling Reggie he's ready...that's it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Why does this "whr" character keeping saying others are trolls?  Isn't he the very definition of an internet troll?  Or does he actually think these folks are the types of trolls that live under bridges and don't let the three billy goats gruff pass?  Cuz that would be funny!
    Posted by ho5000

ho5000 - It's just the nature of the BC haters on this board

whr can't post without calling everyone a troll
    cheeroh can only post a bunch of seemingly random words and phrases that are barely comprehensible
    And a certain self-absorbed, narcissistic hater can't post without lecturing and calling true BC fans "Uber Alles"

It's just the way it is. Don't waste your time trying to understand or debate them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

"Reggie leaving has zero to do with Steve, the program, his coaching, etc"

Yup, Mo, and you must have also enjoyed the recent visit of The Easter Bunny.

Peace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

" Reggie leaving has zero to do with Steve, the program, his coaching, etc" Yup, Mo , and you must have also enjoyed the recent visit of The Easter Bunny. Peace
    Posted by Longputter

Wait, I'm sorry, have you spoken to Reggie?  Did he tell you he is leaving because of Steve?  Because otherwise you have zero knowledge that's why he is leaving.  What we do know, and it's the only thing we know, is that there are more than a few NBA people who are saying he's a potential lottery pick and at worst a low 1st rounder, so there is enough $$$ there to leave early.  See LP, that's called deductive reasoning.  Using the information at hand to make a logical conclusion.  Unlike you making things up and trying to force them through as fact.....

There are hosts of reasons that kids leave college early for the NBA, 1 of which is the coach.  You have NO IDEA that Reggie is leaving because of Steve D.  Just because you say so doesn't make is so.....nutbag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

"nutbag?"

What that in your senior thesis?

Peace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Same old story on this dastardly blog never gets better. All of the above still arguing whose big boy in the sand box as all their little dreams of excellence get washed away!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

In Response to Re: Donohue's Historic Achievement : Wait, I'm sorry, have you spoken to Reggie?  Did he tell you he is leaving because of Steve?  Because otherwise you have zero knowledge that's why he is leaving.  What we do know, and it's the only thing we know, is that there are more than a few NBA people who are saying he's a potential lottery pick and at worst a low 1st rounder, so there is enough $$$ there to leave early.  See LP, that's called deductive reasoning.  Using the information at hand to make a logical conclusion.  Unlike you making things up and trying to force them through as fact..... There are hosts of reasons that kids leave college early for the NBA, 1 of which is the coach.  You have NO IDEA that Reggie is leaving because of Steve D.  Just because you say so doesn't make is so.....nutbag.
    Posted by momort

Who is this guy Donohue nobody out here seems to know about? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts