DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread

SpazooVooDoo!!

...has now beset the Heights!

I watched the Duke/Stanford game and Duke has some bad breaks and was not as bad as I thought.

Duke's passing attack could give BC some real trouble! Duke can easily pass BC to 0-3!

This ain't the Duke of old!!

They are playing better than BC at this point!
    My guess is BC will be -4 to -4.5.

Maine almost beat Pittsburgh.

I still think with UNH, Vermont, Maine, UMASS, Rhode lsland, we are still number 2 in New England!

Whew! What a relief!!!

BC NATION:

We were also number 2 on Week 9 in 2007. In America!

We were 8-0 and had the number 2 seat on the St. Charles Trolley in New Orleans, and were in the BCS post season games.... and not just the BCS...

The Big Glass Football BCS National Title Game.    eek

You remember the next two weeks....

Spazoo's catatonic cushion pass defense was riddled by FSU and Maryland.

Gee kids, I hope we can catch up with UCONN and be number 1 in New England!!!!

So sad.

So pathetic.

GENE DEFILIPPO:

1-You have to answer for that sham job search and the hiring of Spazoo in 2008.

2-The mindboggling hiring of the old and out of touch offensive coordinator Gary Tranquill from the Red Buttons retirement village since he was Spaz's friend and his 1962 offensive playbook?

3-The stunning 2 year extension you gave Spaz, after 2 years of not beating one Top 25 team and a string of horror show defeats.

Picture the scene out of the Godfather when Clemenza is in the back seat taking Carlo to the "airport' is what all BC fans are thinking.

You would be Carlo there Gene.

The line of names to be Clemenza is too long to post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread

The me thinks:

BC should stick with New England softball Colleges UMASS, UNH, UMAINE & Stony Brook and be Number Uno! UMaine did give Pitt all it could handle and the two top academic Universities got together in Durham NC with Duke congratulating Mr. QB/QT Lucky a/k/a/ 2011 Heisman trophy winner. Me thinks, or me supposes, this guy in Ann Arbor could get some heavy votes, and this guy Michael Floyd is another Calvin Johnson. Hope is there Irisheyes fans Reiss is a good QB/QT!  

Catholics are 0-4 going into this weekend with Spazianni a misfit Captain directing the HMS Titanic, and Snooks Kelley asking why has  Holy Mary and touchdown Jesus foresaken us?  Duke next week will be going against a tired and outclassed BC team where at Flubber Dubber U in Mickey Mouse land got their butt slammed by a great QB/QT.

Not all is lost at the Heights, whr is all over the place, UCONN man might just have a team there in Storrs,  and BC might be bowl eligible with UMASS and Gerry Callahan's Chelmsford High coming to Alumni.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

The interesting thing is, BC has some talent at the skill positions and are struggling big time on both lines.  The opposite of what we are used to. 

Just not sure if he's Div I head coach capable.  Like Spaz a lot, but if this doesn't turn around by the end of next season it's time for a change.  But unlike most, I don't need to make rash moves, give him time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread:[QUOTE] Like Spaz a lot, but if this doesn't turn around by the end of next season it's time for a change.  But unlike most, I don't need to make rash moves, give him time. Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Good post Momort! I can't sit here and say that the Eagles could have/should have won either game with Harris or last night with Momah because it is true the offensive and defensive lines have been atrocious in both games.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread : Good post Momort! I can't sit here and say that the Eagles could have/should have won either game with Harris or last night with Momah because it is true the offensive and defensive lines have been atrocious in both games.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The game looked a lot like last year.  While not great, the D was actually ok until it ran out of gas.  The O put the D on the field for way too long.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeeH. Show DeeH's posts

Duke will win the upcoming game.  Offensive play in all the recent years of struggles has never been as bad as against UCF.  Ridiculously predictable play-calling, poor execution, and lack of depth are in simultaneous, full effect.  Team can only win if defense basically does the impossible, staying on the field 80% of the game AND allowing < 10 points.

Spaziani was/is a very good D coordinator but has neither the charisma, recruiting ability, nor competitive drive to be a successful head coach at the FBS level.  A team like BC, hamstrung by a poor fan base and a lackluster (putting it nicely) athletic administration, needs a shot in the arm from a big name coach, or the very least a hungry, aggressive one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

BC is -7.5.

SpazWow is a clown.

You may be right Dee!

I watched that Stanford game and Duke was chucking it well!

I am on a roll with predicting losses to NU by 7 and UCF by 24 and that is as close as I have ever been.

If I hear any more excuses, I am picking Duke.

Later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

NIce that you have your friend Dee 2 posts comes on line after a year.

what was that web site again?  I need more information

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Duke will win the upcoming game.  Offensive play in all the recent years of struggles has never been as bad as against UCF.  Ridiculously predictable play-calling, poor execution, and lack of depth are in simultaneous, full effect.  Team can only win if defense basically does the impossible, staying on the field 80% of the game AND allowing < 10 points. Spaziani was/is a very good D coordinator but has neither the charisma, recruiting ability, nor competitive drive to be a successful head coach at the FBS level.  A team like BC, hamstrung by a poor fan base and a lackluster (putting it nicely) athletic administration, needs a shot in the arm from a big name coach, or the very least a hungry, aggressive one.
    Posted by DeeH[/QUOTE]

I do disagree that the O was never this bad.  Rettig, unlike the 34 year old junior, is a legit QB.  The last two years of O were the worst I've ever seen.  However, we are splitting hairs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Provpats..

You are a house lackey boy and I did say 34-10 and all I have posted BEFORE... came true?

GDF and Spazoo ruined BC. GDF has chances to elevate the program and failed.

Spaz = FAILURE. He is who he is and he is in way, way over his towel thread count and gold necklace chains.

I may yet pick Duke to win +7.5!!

You keep with that BC House propaganda and pablum!

You go girl Provpats! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

please please give me more information

Where can I find it??

I can't live without a lame website

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

US NEWS & WORLD REPORT- 2012

BC drops to #31 in academics and slipping from 23!

Notre Dame the mighty @ #19!

AND SATURDAY'S DUKE BLUE DEVILS .... @

Duke University

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

What do you all think of a Brandeis/BC match up as they are next on the list?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread : alpo man  remember North Dakota is not Notre Dame! Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

You know the difference Cherry Ho ? or is it PostingQueen ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Noticed this also. BC $53,000 /year end up a grade school teacher, or sell insurance in Worcester with the HC grads. Meanwhile the bros at Alabama become NFL $$$$$!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

BC 28-27 win.

Duke was chucking darts into the BC end zone late last year.

Rettig to Pantale wins it in the last minute and Eagle Nation breathes a sigh of relief. A 0-3 disaster is avoided. Have a nice glass of Chianti and a valium and go to bed. Volare is played loudly at game’s end as a signature song for Spazoo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If BC loses to Duke, they'll go 0fer.  They won't have any confidence going against UMass and Umass will be smelling blood.

I guess the BC athletic department won't be sending out any emails regarding bowl games this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]If BC loses to Duke, they'll go 0fer.  They won't have any confidence going against UMass and Umass will be smelling blood. I guess the BC athletic department won't be sending out any emails regarding bowl games this year.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

DW ....Facial.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

In Response to DUKE AT BC 09-17 Discussion Thread:
    [QUOTE]SpazooVooDoo!! ...has now beset the Heights! I watched the Duke/Stanford game and Duke has some bad breaks and was not as bad as I thought. Duke's passing attack could give BC some real trouble! Duke can easily pass BC to 0-3! This ain't the Duke of old!! They are playing better than BC at this point! ************************** My guess is BC will be -4 to -4.5. Maine almost beat Pittsburgh. I still think with UNH, Vermont, Maine, UMASS, Rhode lsland, we are still number 2 in New England! Whew! What a relief!!! BC NATION: We were also number 2 on Week 9 in 2007. In America! We were 8-0 and had the number 2 seat on the St. Charles Trolley in New Orleans, and were in the BCS post season games.... and not just the BCS... The Big Glass Football BCS National Title Game.    You remember the next two weeks.... Spazoo's catatonic cushion pass defense was riddled by FSU and Maryland. Gee kids, I hope we can catch up with UCONN and be number 1 in New England!!!! So sad. So pathetic. GENE DEFILIPPO: 1-You have to answer for that sham job search and the hiring of Spazoo in 2008. 2-The mindboggling hiring of the old and out of touch offensive coordinator Gary Tranquill from the Red Buttons retirement village since he was Spaz's friend and his 1962 offensive playbook? 3-The stunning 2 year extension you gave Spaz, after 2 years of not beating one Top 25 team and a string of horror show defeats. Picture the scene out of the Godfather when Clemenza is in the back seat taking Carlo to the "airport' is what all BC fans are thinking. You would be Carlo there Gene. The line of names to be Clemenza is too long to post.  
    Posted by SJS1214[/QUOTE]

Duke was 5-43 before this ACC play since BC joined.

SpazooVooDoo is the living breathing malaise.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Bloviate College has arrived!!! They are the worst team in the worst conference in the NCAAEmbarassed