Ed loses another one!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Ed loses another one!!

http://www.projo.com/pc/content/PC_Friars_Dre_Evans_Cooley_05-27-11_6POAOSK_v2.21a6c48.html

the number is six; did Ed not want to keep him either?

Excerpt:

Evans joins Duke Mondy as players not returning from the 2010-11 team, and PC has now had eight players with eligibility remaining leave the program for assorted reasons over the last two years.

There are real problems at PC with these defections; the AD and pres shold be investigated

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Ed loses another one!!

Not a bad insight, Slim.

Pro is making a flaccid attempt to minimize the enormity of Stevie Wonder's astounding loss of every one of the returning scholarship players for next year.

What he is trying to do is compare that to the situation Ed Cooley now faces at PC.

Ed did not lose all of his scholarship players. In fact, it appears that NONE left because of his arrival. Instead, several left during the tenure of the prior coach, and Ed decided that some others did not fit his program.

Bottom line: PC, unlike Stevie Wonder at The Institute, will not be bereft of veteran talent next season.

Period.

Peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

What does BC basketball have to do with players leaving Providence LP? By the way have you taken notice that practically EVERY pundit and expert has given Coach Donanhue VERY high marks for a solid first season?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with? How about the dismal APR and loss of now three scholaships?

How about PC losing eight scholarship basketball athletes in two years?  Shouldn't the AD and Pres be held accountable for creating an atmosphere where this can happen?

Is losing a scholaship athlete ok because a new coach did not want to keep him?  If so what are the other reasons why it is ok when an athelete leaves when a new coach comes on board?  Is it ok if the kid decides on his own to leave?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Ever.

I did not raise the PC matter, but addressed it only in response to absurd claims about Ed Cooley's situation down there.

Agreed that the Friars' status has little to do with that of Behead Coaches Institute - except, however, that they have a real coach who will have them prominent again light years before that term is ever used in relation to our sorry state.

Peace

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with? How about the dismal APR and loss of now three scholaships?

How about PC losing eight scholarship basketball athletes in two years?  Shouldn't the AD and Pres be held accountable for creating an atmosphere where this can happen?

Is losing a scholaship athlete ok because a new coach did not want to keep him?  If so what are the other reasons why it is ok when an athelete leaves when a new coach comes on board?  Is it ok if the kid decides on his own to leave?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

whr - just curious.....did you go to college? Did you graduate? What school? I'm just curious and it's obviously OK if you did not attend college I'm just curious as to your real school if you have one.

I'm a BC Grad - so obvioiusly I'm a big fan of my school.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

BC was picked to finish 11th or Last place (in the best conference in the country); ACC preseason polls and finished a very respectable fifth and almost earned a bye in the first round of the ACC Tourney. 

The NIT loss was awful, that is going to happen to a rebuilding team with a first year coach, we had some great wins, some tough losses and JUST missed the NCAA.....I thought it was a great overall effort from a team not expected to do much. Duke and UNC are clearly better programs with better championship legacy than BC. But guess what...BC has an all-time 50-50 record vs. Mighty UNC....an amazing stat that I bet you did not know whr...pretty impressive huh! Plus when UNC won the NCAA's in dominant fashion 2 years ago they lost only ONE home game in Chapel Hill.....guess who pulled off that phenominal achievement....correct again it was BC!!!!

What great stuff!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

We all have seen the light in the Book of Revelation.  

BC munchkins  shall give them light and  BC shall reign forever, however,  the great day of vengeance has come. Who can withstand it?  Yes it's BC disappearing in the 6th seal as their day of judgement has come for joining the ACC!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: Ed loses another one!!:
    [QUOTE]provpats, you are one pathetic excuse for a poster.  I'm not sure what button LP pressed but it's probably time to breathe and let it go.  This entire BC contingent is one sorry lot,  with a couple of exceptions.   I see lots of wordy posts, lots of bravado.  But all that does is highlight how insecure you really are.   It's sad, but I wish you'd stop dragging other programs into your childish fights.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

thanks Slim

with your vast experience here and all you have contributed to the conversation I will take you invaluable advice for what it is worth

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed loses another one!! : thanks Slim with your vast experience here and all you have contributed to the conversation I will take you invaluable advice for what it is worth
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

seems your advise over the past 433 posts has been on CTR ALT DEL with all and  has no merit or credibility! Please re read and get your ESL correct! 

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC swimming now that would be amusing to watch! Do they have a pool in that Gym, or is it at MDC?
    UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

here I corrected this for you:

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

with three fewer scholarships and an 893 APR

sounds much more in line with the facts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Appears the Bruins' have had it, much bravado no back bone, as expected Beanytown winter sports gradually drop off in Loser Town USA! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

good to see that while I was away nothing changed.  LP give SD grief for losing players yet when his boy Ed loses players it's because they don't fit his system.  Well how about this.  Rav and Sanders were both fat out of shape lazy players and SD demands an up tempo style that requires a high level of fitness.  so they didn't "fit his program".....i wait with baited breath for more of your garbage...

Slim, I don't get your points?  You are basically telling everyone to stop talking.  So then why even have these posts?  If you don't want to read back n forth banter, then just stop reading....it's rather simple...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

The guy who started this thread was making a point to LP.  One that will obviously go over his head but nonetheless it was directed at him.  Cooley is "LP's Boy" as he frequently cites him when talking about programs and coaches in the area who are better than Steve D.  One of his points is that Steve D had a lot of players leave the program when he came in and we are making the point that this happens all the time when a new coach comes in.

From the start it wasn't meant to be a detailed thread on PC rather a needle towards LP.  Sorry man, just way it is. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Thanks Mo; the fine art of sarcasm is lost on many people here, particularly when LP squirms and hems and haws and never produces anything of much substance

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]good to see that while I was away nothing changed.  LP give SD grief for losing players yet when his boy Ed loses players it's because they don't fit his system.  Well how about this.  Rav and Sanders were both fat out of shape lazy players and SD demands an up tempo style that requires a high level of fitness.  so they didn't "fit his program".....i wait with baited breath for more of your garbage... Slim, I don't get your points?  You are basically telling everyone to stop talking.  So then why even have these posts?  If you don't want to read back n forth banter, then just stop reading....it's rather simple...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]
    so moron your the voice of reasoning knowing what a sub par Coach wants at a mid-major who has accomplished absolutly nothing in NCAA Collegiate Basketball ...

Keep on dreaming as UCONN's quest for another National Championship continues in the Sweet Sixteen Super NCAA Regionals in NCAA Baseball! 

UCONN NCAA Natioanl Champs (Baseball)  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

hey you forgot your sig; please let me be of assistance

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! (basketball)

with three fewer scholarships and proud possessors of an 893 APR

Sections
Shortcuts